More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 03:18:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Story Mode
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Story Mode  (Read 89398 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Story Mode
« Reply #100 on: 2009 July 19, 01:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah! I started a new default Riverview and, like clockwork, at 1 AM I see moves, moves, and more moves. I've only recently started playing with storymode reporting enabled, and I now understand what everyone's been complaining about. I see reports for anywhere from 5 to a dozen famblies moving out of their houses EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, and it causes lag, especially when I'm playing the family with the large haunted house (Jones, I believe). It's just plain weird.

Okay weird question, but is anyone getting the 1am moves in Sunset Valley? Just curious because I seem not to be getting it when I play there. *shrug*

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 July 19, 01:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I am getting moves in Sunset Valley, but it seems to be settling to a smaller subset each night. Last night was only 5-7 moves, as opposed to 20-30 moves at the height of it.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 July 19, 01:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That, or sitting back while taking potshots at random kittens crossing the road.

Pescado does not take potshots at kittens.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 July 19, 02:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus they make soothing noises to lure us into a false sense of security and eat our faces off if we die without refilling the cat food bowl - what's not to like?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 July 19, 05:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Madame Mim, your statement is more accurate than you realize. My cat tried to kill me when she was a kitten. She'd lie on my neck, squashing my windpipe, and then cover my mouth and nostrils with her paws. I kid you not. I had to start sleeping under the covers, to avoid suffocation by cat. She eventually grew out of it, obviously, since I'm still alive.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 July 19, 05:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not uncommon - she was looking for a warm place - why do you think they always recommend keeping cats out of new babies rooms?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
ForkInToaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 July 19, 08:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting a lot less moving around and messages about antagonizing and a lot more useful stuff happening at 1 AM. Townies seem to be breeding and going to work. I haven't seen couples pair off in the wild yet, but I assume that's going to happen soon.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 July 19, 11:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed -- I am seeing about one storymode action per night in Sunset Valley now, usually friending or antagonising. Lagburst is about 10 seconds.

Oh, and if Pescado doesn't shoot kittens then clearly he is not as evil as he's cracked up to be! True evil hates kittens, for kittens are the most powerful manifestation of adorable in the multiverse.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 July 19, 11:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nonsense. Even bad guys like cats. Just look at Doctor Evil, or the Capital One Emperor.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 July 19, 19:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inuland, go to simlogical.com.  

Aww, what did Inge do to you, to deserve such a punishnment?  Cheesy

More seriously; for code/xml dig beginners, definitely Inge&Peter's - Sims3Tools - at Simlogical and wes_h's Custom Sims 3.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
quetzilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 July 21, 19:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And don't forget (the archetype?,) Ernst Stavro Blofeld of SPECTRE.

Don't forget Doctor Claw from Inspector Gadget, you see more of the cat than you ever see of Dr Claw.

Face it people, cats are our Evil Overlords and dogs are stupid.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 July 25, 04:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, anyway, even though nobody probably cares anymore now that they can have IndieStone with AwesomeMod, the Awesome Story Driver is still in development and almost operational. Anyone who wants to participate in the process should report to #grah.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 July 25, 04:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell yeah.
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 July 25, 04:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I care. I like your ideas for story progression. Indie works for now, but there are many things about it I don't like.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 July 25, 04:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, anyway, even though nobody probably cares anymore now that they can have IndieStone with AwesomeMod, the Awesome Story Driver is still in development and almost operational.

While reading that, I just got the mental image of you standing, with your head down, hands clasped behind your back while your foot kicks at the dirt. Cheesy
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 July 25, 04:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@fatkitty -- Have you seen Pescado's shark tank?
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 July 25, 04:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I care. I like your ideas for story progression. Indie works for now, but there are many things about it I don't like.

Same here. I'd much prefer an Awesome version of story progression that, you know, actually makes sense.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 July 25, 22:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I watch for the Awesome Story Mode? Will it be here in the Awesomemod section, the Pudding Factory, or elsewhere? Don't wanna miss it.  Cheesy

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 July 25, 23:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in development, which tends to occur mostly in #grah, although I got sidetracked by a new discovery which allows AwesomeMod to withdraw from two previous XMLs it was using: AwesomeMod will no longer touch the traits or socializing XMLs, and thus will no longer conflict with anything that modifies them.

Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 July 25, 23:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, anyway, even though nobody probably cares anymore now that they can have IndieStone with AwesomeMod, the Awesome Story Driver is still in development and almost operational. Anyone who wants to participate in the process should report to #grah.

I'm sure there are many who will prefer AwesomeMod story progression to Indie, myself included.  I've been experiencing lots of strange things, none of which I like.  Can't wait to see what you come up with!

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 July 26, 01:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's in development, which tends to occur mostly in #grah, although I got sidetracked by a new discovery which allows AwesomeMod to withdraw from two previous XMLs it was using: AwesomeMod will no longer touch the traits or socializing XMLs, and thus will no longer conflict with anything that modifies them.

If awesomemod doesn't touch the socializing XML's anymore, does that mean we will need a separate XML mod for teens to get the romantic interactions? Will we still be able to give our sims more than 5 traits if it doesn't touch the traits XML?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 July 26, 02:27:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If awesomemod doesn't touch the socializing XML's anymore, does that mean we will need a separate XML mod for teens to get the romantic interactions? Will we still be able to give our sims more than 5 traits if it doesn't touch the traits XML?
Yes, and yes. Nothing changes, but the files involved are no longer conflicting as AwesomeMod no longer uses them.

twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 July 26, 03:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I get it, thank you for the clarification. Smiley

Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 July 26, 11:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just use Indiemod cause there's no alternative right now. I'm quite sure when awesomemod includes storymod, many will follow me in switching to that instead.
JBoat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 July 26, 18:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's awesome news Pes (pun intended).  Very worth the time-to-sidetrack.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: