More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 14:37:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Socially Deprived Larvae Suck!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Socially Deprived Larvae Suck!  (Read 12283 times)
jolenedms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Socially Deprived Larvae Suck!
« on: 2009 July 14, 01:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been reading for hours and I haven't seen exactly what I'm looking for so here goes.....Is there currently a mod or anything out yet that fixes the massive social drain larvae and sprogs have?? My third gen sim has the want to raise 5 kids and after having triplets I'm ready to give up. All her time is spent raising the girls' social. Everytime she gets to the last one she has to start over again with the first one. Please point me in the right direction if there is something out there  Grin

Men are like floor tiles. Lay 'em right the first time and you can walk all over 'em forever!   I'm trying to see things from your point of view but I can't get my head that far up my ass!
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Socially Deprived Larvae Suck!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 14, 02:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know of any mods for this, but if you enable the debugging commands in your game, you can simply drag up the motive sliders for each individual sim.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 14, 02:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once the Larvae are in toddler stage, stick a stuffed teddy bear in the crib with them.  It seems that while they're sleeping, the teddy bear keeps them company and raises their social.  This might only work once the toddler learns to talk tho, I have noticed that when i have my toddlers playing on the table together, if one doesn't know how to talk, no social gain (which is another way for them to gain social, have them play on the table/doll house together).

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 14, 03:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you direct them to play with the stuffed bear it raises their social, just like talking to plants does for sims with the Green Thumb trait.  Don't know if this can be done if the bear is in the toddler's inventory, but I do know it can be done if the bear is placed on the floor.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 14, 03:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

dolls house also raises social - but I cheat

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jolenedms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 14, 04:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once their oldest two reached toddler I had them play with the bear to raise the social bar. But with 2 children and newborn triplets dragging the social bar up all the time gets to be time consuming. Which is why I wondered about a mod. But I am going right now to stick some bears in the cribs and see what happens.  Tongue

Men are like floor tiles. Lay 'em right the first time and you can walk all over 'em forever!   I'm trying to see things from your point of view but I can't get my head that far up my ass!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 14, 12:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never found the social drain on larvae / rug rats to be an undue burden, even with 3-4 to monitor.  Or rather, no more than the other needs, since it seems to drain about the same as hunger.  My usual routine is Play With / Feed / Change Diaper, move on.  For toddlers it's Toss In Air / Change Diaper / Feed On Floor.

I had no idea you could put the bear in the crib, though.  I generally ignore the toys that don't raise skills.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 14, 16:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had no idea you could put the bear in the crib, though.  I generally ignore the toys that don't raise skills.

I always get the teddy bear for the social boost, for those times when the kid's sleep schedule and the parents' are 180 degrees off.  I also had no idea you could stick it in the crib.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 14, 16:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that Snuggle is a short animation, and the parents usually have a want to Snuggle.  So, I always snuggle after feeding or pottying.  Takes care of that problem.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 14, 21:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My usual routine is Play With / Feed / Change Diaper, move on.

For my Larvae's, it always seems like the Change Diaper need is slower than the Social/Food need.  They'll be screaming their little heads off cause they're lonely and hungry, but not nearly dirty enough for a diaper change.  I find I have to do the rounds again about an hour later to change diaper (at which point I go ahead and snuggle/feed again).  Damn kids, Get Off My Lawn!

And BTW, I must be insane.  I just had my set of triplets (stoopid me went and gave both parents Fertility Treatments) and she's preggers again.  Only room for 2 more (thankfully), unless old man gramps decides to kick the bucket in the next 3 days (which is possible, he's 101).

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 14, 21:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did something similar. Fatlight and Ella had 5 infants at once. Just imagine the horror when they turned into toddlers. But it can be done. Wish I had known about the teddy bear. Sometimes the toddlers just bawl to be bawling.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 14, 21:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hur.  The first thing I hated about triplets (of more I'll hate I'm sure) is that when mommy-dearest sat the basket of babbys down by the cribs, the basket immediately popped to the other side of the wall.  Which just so happened to be outside, on the back side of the house.  So there's dear game controlled mommy, slowly trudging all that distance, back and forth, putting infants in cribs.  Bloody game!

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 14, 21:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find stupid they lower their social bar when they're asleep; it's not like they were aware of what's going on around them. Therefore, I always cheat keeping the social bar to the same level of when they fell asleep. It's technically cheating, but it has a logical vibe in it. Or not?

As a side note, I need my daily dose of grammar bitchiness: it's either larva (singular) or larvae (plural), but I guess it's ok, in English, larvas for the plural form.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 14, 21:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find stupid they lower their social bar when they're asleep; it's not like they were aware of what's going on around them. Therefore, I always cheat keeping the social bar to the same level of when they fell asleep. It's technically cheating, but it has a logical vibe in it. Or not?

Does having the bear in their inventory to provide the 'cuddle time' while they are sleeping keep it from going down? I don't feel like having another kid to find out. My family had 5 and I think I am good for some time.

Hmm, the dad is childish though so I can check and see if his cuddle time keeps social from going down. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 14, 22:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carrigon has a mod that slows the rate of decay for all motives. Get it here.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 15, 01:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can put the teddy bear in the crib? who knew? Will definitely be doing that straight away.

I haven't had any twins or other multiple births so far (and that is just fine by me)...so I find that feed/snuggle/put in crib or change dirty diaper/feed/snuggle/put in crib seems to pretty much make happy larvae...

On a side note, all this calling them Larvae makes me think of that sci-fi short story where the babies were all born that looked like worms (no feet/legs) and they put them all on an island and then when they grew up and had children on their own, they didn't know what to do with the infants with legs (was a single generation defect, obviously) and therefore killed them as they had no use for them...anyone remember who wrote that story?

jolenedms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 15, 01:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I checked whether the bears in a crib works and it only works after you tech them to talk. Normally I do the whole feed/snuggle/change diaper thing but with 2 children and 3 newborns as a single mom she just didn't have time. Luckily her oldest became a teen right after the birth of the triplets so she helped raise them and taught them to talk. But I will either get that need decay slower mod or my sims will be limited to 1 spawn at a time from now on.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 15, 08:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not in the crib; the teddy bear should be put in the toddler's inventory. When the toddler sleeps in crib, the teddy bear appears in the crib as well, but it's materially in its inventory.
It doesn't work for babies/maggots, apparently (or simply I suck at putting stuff in babies' inventory).

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 15, 15:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does having the bear in their inventory to provide the 'cuddle time' while they are sleeping keep it from going down? I don't feel like having another kid to find out. My family had 5 and I think I am good for some time.

Hmm, the dad is childish though so I can check and see if his cuddle time keeps social from going down. Tongue
Try 11. The heir of the second generation is only getting 2 since I'm so sick of spawn at the moment.

I always drag the social and hunger up during the night, around 1:00 am. I find that they are then ready for a cuddle and a bottle at 6:00am, but not in danger of starving to death. I don't understand the social drain during the night. Adults don't drain like that. Why should babies/toddlers?

Kids (child stage) can get the Cuddle Time moodlet from having a bear in inventory, but it doesn't appear with them in bed.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 15, 15:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always drag the social and hunger up during the night, around 1:00 am. I find that they are then ready for a cuddle and a bottle at 6:00am, but not in danger of starving to death. I don't understand the social drain during the night. Adults don't drain like that. Why should babies/toddlers?

Kids (child stage) can get the Cuddle Time moodlet from having a bear in inventory, but it doesn't appear with them in bed.

Childish sims can also get teddy bear cuddle time throughout teen/YA/Adult/Elder stages. The dad in my family sleeps with his teddy bear every night! The cuddle time gives him a nice boost for work in the morning.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 15, 16:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, now I know why putting the bear in the crib did nothing.  It needs to be in inventory.  O-kay, then.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: