More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 06:43:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Something Very Bad has happened, it seems.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Something Very Bad has happened, it seems.  (Read 10190 times)
misterK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Something Very Bad has happened, it seems.
« on: 2009 July 14, 01:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing TS3 yesterday, playing a household of three, with two of them set on SupCom (one was working on mechanical skill, and the other was idling... I think). Almost immediately after setting all that up, I got distracted by some sparkly-shiny flash game and completely forgot that the Sims was running.so an hour or so passes, and i go to shut the computer down, and i see this:

As you can see, something didn't work right. Is it still safe to boot up TS3, or should i reinstall the game? If I'm overreacting, then if nothing else, this is a glitch report.

Also, completely random, unrelated question: is there some sort of stock image site for images like the ones Pescado makes and posts here? I swear that some of those pics he posts he makes up on the spot.

Formerly known as kotchomet, the name that no one can pronounce!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Something Very Bad has happened, it seems.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 14, 03:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That error indicates your version is OLD, because the new version embiggened the error dialog.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
misterK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 14, 13:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. I was kind of afraid to update, because i had heard about that strange stuck-spawning thing with deaths and tombstones.

Formerly known as kotchomet, the name that no one can pronounce!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 14, 13:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was fixed already. Critical bugs are generally killed within hours after their initial report.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 14, 16:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having a problem with the homeless aging up to elder when they are married?  I thought it was because the person being married was an elder but I had an adult marry her childhood  friend who was only a couple of days older than her and he aged up to an elder.  I changed him back through edit sim and it seems to have stuck, but this is irritating.  He was older than his parents.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 14, 22:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's an EA bug. Awesomemod addressed the age disparity in newly created CAS sims, but I don't know if it addresses the weird aging anomaly with pre-existing sims.

Edited to correct a plural that didn't need to be plural.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 15, 01:10:25 by chaos » Logged

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
JBoat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 14, 23:42:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's an EA bug. Awesomemod addressed the age disparity in newly created CAS sims, but I don't know if it addresses the weird aging anomalies with pre-existing sims.

Age disparity in CAS?  There is by default up to a 28% age addition to newly created sims in CAS, by design.  I wasn't aware of any disparity beyond that, and there are several mods in existence to change that behavior.

DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 15, 06:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Care to share that with Pescado so that it can become a part of the Awesome Mod?

Sorry if I have not read enough and Epic Phail is in the works for me.  Embarrassed
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 18, 19:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to not cause problems to age down to the correct age with editsim(knock on wood).  I just make sure I edit down their age immediately so they don't die on me.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: