More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 23:55:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Medics predicting gender of larvae?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Medics predicting gender of larvae?  (Read 8477 times)
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Medics predicting gender of larvae?
« on: 2009 July 13, 21:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this only work in certain circumstances? My top-level medical Sim never got the interaction to predict the gender of his daughter's brat but was able to predict the gender of all his own kids and will occasionally do it for a random pregnant townie.

Odd.

Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Medics predicting gender of larvae?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 13, 22:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It must not work in every circumstance.
My sim reached the top of the Medical career, but she was never able to predict the outcome of her own pregnancies or her daughter's pregnancies. The majorities of my non-active sims are decidedly childfree, so I never saw the option to predict gender.
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 20, 20:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah the answer just dawned on me like a ton of bricks.

This works with Sims who have the "Family Orientated: trait in the medical career. For some reason not with predicting grandkids but certainly their own kids

Duh. Me stupid.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 21, 08:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah the answer just dawned on me like a ton of bricks.

This works with Sims who have the "Family Orientated: trait in the medical career. For some reason not with predicting grandkids but certainly their own kids

Duh. Me stupid.

I don't think so; I had my sim (top of Medical) predict the gender for her sister-in-law and for a random townie too, and she didn't have the Family Oriented trait. (she was Hates the Outdoors, Inappropriate, Handy, Bookworm, Flirty).

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 21, 17:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dang! There goes that theory then.

I'm a fuckwit.

Kag
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 23, 05:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My experience so far has been that some interactions require a few other interactions in that particular social category before they show up--similar to how you don't have woohoo/try for baby available under romance unless your sims have done a few other romance interactions first.

My world renowned surgeon dad didn't have the option to determine the gender of his baby until he'd done a few other interactions under the friendly tab (didn't matter which, as long as they were under friendly). Same for feel/talk to/listen to tummy. This was with his wife, with whom he had a completely maxed relationship.

Also, the way I heard it (but haven't seen for myself yet) is that the "determine gender" interaction can still be wrong, because gender isn't actually decided until birth. That's what I've heard, anyway. Tongue
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 23, 05:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim who was at the top of the medical career and also had the perfectionist trait. While interacting with her pregnant daughter, she once had the option to "Give excellent medical advice", but when I chose it, nothing happened. Then the option disappeared, too. I assumed the "excellent" (or similar word) was because of the perfectionist trait. Haven't had any other sims in the medical career, so I have no further experiences.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 23, 15:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've seen the "Give Medical Advide" option, but I never noticed any effects from it.
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 23, 19:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The medical advice thing does seem to be useful in pregnancy. Helps to give the option to choose the traits from a happy pregnancy.

All would be perfect if only choosing the traits wasn't so horribly borked.

Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 24, 00:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Horribly borked? How so? I don't think I've ever had a problem...
Olivia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 06, 19:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It takes a LOT of socializing for the option to come up in my game. I was trying out the boy-&-girl-twins-at-the-same-time thing. So, I cheated a sim to Neurosurgeon or whatever it is, maxed out the relationship for that sim & the pregnant sim, then still had to have them perform 'friendly' interactions for like 3 or 4 sim-hours. It was nuts.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 06, 23:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have one top level doctor, so I cheated and used the letterbox to make her friends with everyone. I'm sick of having same gendered twins every time.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zaleth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 07, 02:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim that is 3 slots from Max.  The sim in question got a work opportunity that had her make a house call to predict the sex of a pregnant sim.  I went to the house of the sim rang the bell and all they did was talk, no option came up to examine her for the sex of the child.  I even tried it by clicking on the person in town mode still all they did was talk.  I have yet to complete this opportunity for any sim that gets it as a work opportunity. Option to determine the sex never shows up.
Olivia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 07, 19:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the predicting sim has to be at least a Neurosurgeon (level 9), and has to have a good relationship with the pregnant sim. By that I mean, they have to be friends. Like I said, it took like 3 sim-hours to get the option, maybe even longer. I would cheat their relationship up to max, and try it out again after your next promotion. I could be wrong about needing to be level 9 in the career, but when I read the thing about having mixed gender multiples, that was what was said.
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 09, 20:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have to use the fertility treatment reward to get twins?

I do hope so. I was horribly plagued with the buggers in S2 and it has not so far occurred spontaneously in S3. May that situation long continue.

But does it happen by itself?

Olivia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 12, 14:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure it's possible to have twins without the fertility reward, but it's probably not very common. There haven't been any twins born in my game without the reward so far.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: