More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:41:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Curious pathfinding issue
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Curious pathfinding issue  (Read 2904 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Curious pathfinding issue
« on: 2005 July 29, 13:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have a house built on  a large (5x5) lot.  I then built a smaller house on the same lot for the next generation.  The smaller house has a foundation and when I placed the foundation, instead of putting it on flat ground, the game dug a hole for the foundation to settle down in.  It is not as deep as a basement, but it is deep enough that I can't zoom in well for pictures and I had to place stairs to get down to the small house from the main house.  I placed a door on a normal straight wall, placed stairs from the door to the ground.  I put a wall phone right next to the door.  The sims now will stand perpendicular to the door waving their arms and complaining that there is a wall in their way.  They will not exit the door by themselves.  If I click on the ground outside, and tell them to "go here" they will exit the door and go there without complaining.  No one has played kicky bag and this started immediately after building the house. 

Any ideas?

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Curious pathfinding issue
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 29, 14:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check the phone, if it's too close to the door, and check the direction of the door. Perhaps you put it wrong, and the direction has to be towards outside, and not inside (I mean, when the sim get out, the door opens to the yard).
Sometimes I forget and place a door with "moveobjects on" openned. When I pass to buy mode, I see there a wall, without a door.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Re: Curious pathfinding issue
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 29, 15:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try moving the phone.  It is right next to the door.  And I guess I didn't realize that it mattered which way the door opened.  Like I said, they CAN go out it if I tell them to go out to the yard, they just won't do it autonomously.  I'll check those things.  It'd be great if it's that easy!

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: