More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:01:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Facts & Strategery
| | |-+  How-to: Cleaning up the homeless scum in your town
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How-to: Cleaning up the homeless scum in your town  (Read 49078 times)
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: How-to: Cleaning up the homeless scum in your town
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 24, 18:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will test that next time I see someone. I'm restarting my 'hood, as ISM messed it up (there's a bug in 0.5a/b where it will flood the 'hood with duplicates of Simbin Sims, if you allow genetics imports from the Library, so my 'hood looks like it was overran by identical twins Sad).

Was that just a bug? Motoki's post stopped me just in time before enabling the feature, but I would like it otherwise.

Also: is it possible to permanently kill off the homeless population with Indie? I have the no emigration enabled, but that way I get a lot of homeless families...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 24, 18:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also: is it possible to permanently kill off the homeless population with Indie? I have the no emigration enabled, but that way I get a lot of homeless families...

If you have Indie + AM you can still use Destroyalltownies.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 24, 18:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but the next day they are back, only a lot more of them and they are even more ugly...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 25, 01:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but the next day they are back, only a lot more of them and they are even more ugly...

Are those homeless or just new sims Indie is moving into houses? If that latter maybe turn the progression rate down. If the former delete all sims from the household library bin (the family bin in neighborhood mode, not the CAS sim bin). I even removed the default EA ones. Just yank them out of C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Library

It's not a good idea to keep any families in there at all as Indie will clone them and use them. I only use that bin temporarily if I am adding a new family I downloaded or moving sims from one town to another, but then as soon as I place the family I immediately delete the copy that was in the library (note this won't delete the family you just placed and you can always resave them to the library again at a later date).

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 26, 05:23:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will test that next time I see someone. I'm restarting my 'hood, as ISM messed it up (there's a bug in 0.5a/b where it will flood the 'hood with duplicates of Simbin Sims, if you allow genetics imports from the Library, so my 'hood looks like it was overran by identical twins Sad).

This happened to me, too.  I had what appeared to be a bunch of clones of custom Sims, so I deleted all custom Sims from the household library bin and then used "destroyalltownies".  So far, they haven't reappeared.  But I just got the "Flagrant  System Error".  Ugh!

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 July 26, 14:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care what EA said about keeping the hood dynamic - if their story progression actually worked the damned hood would be plenty dynamic without the homeless. I want a no imigration mod. Something that looks at my game and says ohh, look, there are no basic housing units available - obviously I will not create random Sims and throw them into the Simville ether.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Enelen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 July 26, 17:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I would like to see is a self-sufficient town, where I create a few families (ok, in this town I would need quite a few), and they have to live on their own, without any imigration, but without any service people either, so if say none of them can repair things, then they can't call a repairman, if none of them is a fireman, then a fireman won't come if they have fire, etc. If they die out that way, then I fail as a town manager... but I guess that will be TS4 or rather TS40...
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: