More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:05:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Crap out the kid already!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crap out the kid already!  (Read 5280 times)
GreenEyedHobgobblin
Asinine Airhead

[See also: Damage Inc356]

View Profile
Crap out the kid already!
« on: 2009 July 12, 21:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is insanely frustrating.  I fucked my game over pretty royally... without backing up... because I was having a moron moment.  I now had two female sims who have been pregnant for days on end.  I've looked everywhere for a way to force them to go into labor.  Some advice said awesomemod could do it.  I put it into debug mode and... nada.  I've done a shit ton of searches because I HATE asking for help... but... help!

Update: I did manage to get one to give birth, but no luck with the other yet.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
Re: Crap out the kid already!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 13, 02:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's fairly normal for pregnancies to last a couple of days. I'm not entirely sure about this, but having the game on longer lifespans might extend the pregnancy, as well - what setting do you have them on?

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 13, 02:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried moving them into a new house? I had a sim with borked inventory item that was invisible and I couldn't get rid of who also couldn't garden or fish (thanks to a non awesome mod Tongue) and nothing I did would fix him. Then I moved my family out via edit neighborhood, evicted the family to the sim clipboard, then placed them in a new lot they could afford and made that the selected household and when I loaded it up to my surprise he was fixed.

It's worth a shot.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
GreenEyedHobgobblin
Asinine Airhead

[See also: Damage Inc356]

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 13, 07:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Changing the lifespan setting doesn't change the pregnancy span... stupidly enough.  No matter the setting, it's supposed to last 3 days... unless you fuck with it, which I did.

I did try moving the family.  Didn't help.

Always make a backup before you fiddle with mods.  I know this... and I failed anyway.  I tried using (whoever's) 9 day preg mod... decided that was too long, went in and switched it to 6 days.... forgetting that I had two pregnant sims.  Both had been pregnant more than six days by then... and more than 9 by the time I put it back.  I got one of them to give birth by putting in one of the longer term mods and leaving it on, windowed, in the background until she finally finished her insanely long term.... but then the other was royaly stuck... so now I've gone back to a previous backup, I'll have the second one give birth and then hopefully be able to get the first to go again too.  We need something like InSim to just force it.  A lot of people have done variations of this same mistake, in similar ways.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 05, 15:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't having problems with the 9 day pregnancy mod until I patched my game. The one sim pregnant at patch time still won't give birth, and she's hovering on the brink of old age now. They're not my main family, so I may just delete them (or leave them in and see if she ages up while pregnant, or stays on her last day of middle age forever!).

Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 05, 15:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think it will mess up any post-patch pregnancies if I take it out now? Maybe I'll wait until my blessed sims give birth, and then try.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 05, 16:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha! I hadn't updated my awesomemod since v.22, because I'm running Supreme Commander. I see that one can disable the new story mode. I'm kind of bummed out now that I enabled SC, but maybe the problems will be ironed out soon.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 06, 09:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using your brain should quickly tell you that updating AwesomeMod does not depend on the use of Supreme Commander. If it did, my game would have exploded and no amount of development effort would have been spared to make sure that didn't happen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 06, 16:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using your brain should quickly tell you that updating AwesomeMod does not depend on the use of Supreme Commander. If it did, my game would have exploded and no amount of development effort would have been spared to make sure that didn't happen.

I had read about the conflicts between Sacred and the AwesomeStoryDriver (below), which I had been anxious to try. I apologize for getting SC confused with the Bless command.  Thank you for the clarification.

If we mark a family as sacred, will they be safe from SP with the new Awesome Story Mode? I'd like to play more than 1 family, but I don't want my "one" family doing anything without my input. Except going to work/school.
Yes. Sacred is still Sacred. But don't turn that option on yet unless you're prepared to write off your neighborhood. It is not properly tested and several fatal bugs have just been found and fixed. Now writing a cleanup utility.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 06, 16:25:16 by Silverdrake » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: