More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 09:51:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  is there a way to turn off opporunities or allow the sim to decide themselves?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: is there a way to turn off opporunities or allow the sim to decide themselves?  (Read 21343 times)
tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
is there a way to turn off opporunities or allow the sim to decide themselves?
« on: 2009 July 12, 09:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so i can let the sim live on their own?its kind of absurb that i have to decide if kid a can go to kid b house or if kid c can come to my house :/
and when an opporunity pops out it pauses the game so i cant really do something else while playing the sims 3:/
Bonzodog
Blathering Buffoon

ENFP- The Inspirer

View Profile
Re: is there a way to turn off opporunities or allow the sim to decide themselves?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 12, 09:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... keh?
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: is there a way to turn off opporunities or allow the sim to decide themselves?
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 12, 09:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do realize that you can just cancel the opportunity, and thus you don't have to accept it, right?

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: is there a way to turn off opporunities or allow the sim to decide themselve
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 12, 10:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 12, 10:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i want to stop it from popping up , so i can get out of my house and my sims still continue with their lives.
so i dont have to "play" it, instead just let it run in the background.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 12, 10:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you really so lazy that you can't click the X on a popup window? It's really not that hard.

tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 12, 10:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

look, did you even bother to read the past 5 posts?
i said that i wouldn't be AT the computer. so how would i even beable to click on the X?!
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 12, 10:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You wrote that you couldn't "do something else" while running TS3; you didn't specifically state that you'd be away from the computer. Either way, it doesn't make much sense to me. Eh, to each his own.

tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 12, 10:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i want to stop it from popping up , so i can get out of my house and my sims still continue with their lives.
so i dont have to "play" it, instead just let it run in the background.

=/
i dont get why the game cant be like simcity where you can let it run in the background while you do something else.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 12, 11:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well lots of poeple are letting their games run by themselves so there must be a way.  Don't these popups time out?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 12, 11:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No they don't. They also come up when a sim calls your sim and the game asks you if your sim wants to take the call.
gamb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 12, 12:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ISSPR allows you to let the game run infinitely without you doing anything.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 12, 13:03:00 by gamb » Logged
gamb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 12, 13:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your link is broken, and Indie Stone conflicts with Awesomemod.
So it is, oops.  So far as I know, there's no other mod that allows you to disable opportunities and the like, so...there's not much else the OP can do.  He could always do a wolfing run on Indie Stone, and then swap Awesomemod back in when he actually wants to play.
crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 12, 14:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your link is broken, and Indie Stone conflicts with Awesomemod.
So it is, oops.  So far as I know, there's no other mod that allows you to disable opportunities and the like, so...there's not much else the OP can do.  He could always do a wolfing run on Indie Stone, and then swap Awesomemod back in when he actually wants to play.

Unless he's running with Supreme Commander, in which case doing so will bork his game irreparably.
tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 12, 15:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks , will try indie, sounds good cept that i read it makes decisions for my sim :/
i want my sims to make decisions for themselves >.< the mod says that it will make decisions that would make my sim another sim >.<
whats supreme commander btw?is awesome mod good? i heard that the new patch does alot of things that the awesome mod does so it isn't really that awesome anymore =D
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 12, 16:04:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw two xml mods that were supposed, one to make opportunities to happen more often by changing the number of days it will take between two opportunities. I also want to switch off those opportunities just because most of them are far too stupid and I also agree with the thread starter. My TS2 is modded that I don't need to make small decisions just the ones that affect the story board that I created. And sometimes I play both games at the same time (different computers). It is very boring for me to decide if my Sim is allowed to make every small decision. It is bad enough that I put two sims to talk with each other, they stop and shake the body and don't continue unless I tell them. Sometimes the questions are not even necessary and it is not 100% right that they do not make decisions by themselves. I got a message that a child would come from school with my sim and I agreed in the hope he got a new friend. Instead he went to play in the playground and didn't come home with the supposed visitor. The boy got bored and went home and they didn't even got to meet each other (very funny aren't they in the same school? You visit a school fellow that you never met?)

I changed the xml to be between minimum 80 and maximum 90 days in the hope it would never happen in a sim life time. It seems that I used figures beyond the reach limit.
It is not that I want to reduce opportunities, I don't want them to happen. Whatever done seems not to affect anything in game. Either mine or the downloaded xml mods.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 12, 16:13:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless he's running with Supreme Commander, in which case doing so will bork his game irreparably.

Eh. I've run back and forth between the two and with running SC while using awesomemod and so far now issues.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 13, 15:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

buuump, could anyone help out ? make a mod or something?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 13, 17:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BUMP?????

If nobody posted anything more so far, maybe nobody knows how or don't want to. Get over it.

DO NOT BUMP.

* Marhis smacks the n00b with a rolled up newspaper

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 13, 18:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try Indie Stone like you said you were going to do? The effect you want is available, in that form. If you want to make a separate mod that does this, I'd suggest starting by examining that one. I don't believe bumping your request for someone else to do the work is going to make it happen.

Aww, Marhis, why'd you abandon the swirling cock jock? What did he do to deserve this?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 13, 19:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the Pope Palpatine avatar.  I keep expecting the capshun to be "Unlimited POWER!!!11".

Tribulatio proxima est
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 13, 20:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the Pope Palpatine avatar. 

I second this.  Also, Pope Palpatine is SFW, which is where I usually end up reading MATY.
CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 13, 20:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is THAT who that is? Damn...I guess it's not that surprising I'd not recognize him, me being sort of allergic to religion in general. [ETA: I'm afraid I'd have to include Jedi as part of my generalization, too. But I can still be entertained by their antics.]

Also, Pope Palpatine is SFW, which is where I usually end up reading MATY.

You've got me there. Good thing I saved that .gif for later use posterity.
tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 14, 15:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no indie stone works differently,the way indie stone works is that it makes a family run while you're not playing it,
i want the game to NOT pause.
like i want to have the sims 3 running and playing while i go out for dinner / play another game(say CS or dota) and come back to find it not paused.
right now , phone calls and opportunities will pause the game, so say like if i go out for dinner/play another game , i will find it to be paused with a "someone wants to go to your house/wants to chat/do this for boss(and so on)"

>.<

i dont think it would be hard to turn off opportunities as someone have already made an opportunity mod (this one increases the freaquency sadly.)
and to turn off the phone >.<

sadly , i have no experience in modding the sims and would like help.
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 14, 15:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this common...people running the game for hours without actually playing it?
I could see stepping away from the computer for a minute and letting it go by itself but for me, going out to dinner takes hours and I'd never let me game run unattended that long.  I actually like to play the game while I'm playing the game. Tongue  Just curious.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: