More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:23:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sunset Valley is now red and black..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sunset Valley is now red and black..  (Read 6481 times)
makilla
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Sunset Valley is now red and black..
« on: 2009 July 12, 07:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I finally got a chance to download the patch, and after it was done dowloading and whatever I went and tried to play. When Sunset Valley loaded up this is what I got:

And so, I turned my graphics settings down (all of them on low) and then it turned everything red.

Anybody know why? My game was running (and looking) perfectly fine before I downloaded the patch :/
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sunset Valley is now red and black..
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 12, 07:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks like what sometimes happens if you leave IngePE running with a system file locked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
makilla
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 12, 07:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks like what sometimes happens if you leave IngePE running with a system file locked.

I have no idea what that is. How would I fix it then?
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 19, 15:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a fresh install today (I uninstalled a few weeks ago and had now I've got nothing to play!), and I have the same problem.

Installed the game
Installed the patch
Ran the game (before any mods or downloads installed)

I have since installed all the downloads from EA, Riverview, and Awesomemod (and the Framework), and I deleted the 4 cache files from my Sim 3 directory.
I know I had this problem before, but I cannot for the life of me remember how I solved it. I know I posted on here about it, but I cannot find it with Search.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 19, 15:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened when I tried to use the Mod Organizer from MTS2, I ditched that and reinstalled the framework (with Delphys program), then put everything back. That helped.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 19, 15:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened when I tried to use the Mod Organizer from MTS2, I ditched that and reinstalled the framework (with Delphys program), then put everything back. That helped.

Well, I doubt that is my problem, because I haven't heard of this Mod Organizer, and I didn't have Framework (or any downloads or mods) installed the first time I to run the game.

So far I've tried deleting Awesomemod and all Cache files, and running on minimum settings. I can't think what else I could try that might work.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 19, 16:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I may have sorted mine. I did a completed uninstall, then installed the game, ran it (and the launcher) to generate the files in the Documents folder, then installed the patch. No problems so far.

I haven't tried installing any downloads or the Awesomemod yet, but hopefully they won't be a problem.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 19, 16:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine was a corrupt dx....dll in game files/bin. Don't remember much.
magnemoe
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 28, 10:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem to; believe I also managed to run the Mod Organizer, reinstalling the game and running without any custom content don't help.

Where do I find the framework? I just installed and run the helper monkey, will reinstalling it help?
I also had a game crash during load, so I have two issues, red and black town and missing patterns.

Extremely strange that a game bug can survive a reinstall?
Callistra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 28, 18:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is everyone in here running XP or is anyone in here running Vista or Windows 7?

For those running XP, try updating Directx and post back if this fixes anything: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3
makilla
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 28, 20:52:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the mod organizer. I reinstalled the game and that didn't fix it. I ended up reformatting my laptop and that fixed it. I'm still not sure what caused it though.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: