More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 15:55:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  I don't want your goddam crappy macaroni and cheese!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I don't want your goddam crappy macaroni and cheese!  (Read 16409 times)
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: I don't want your goddam crappy macaroni and cheese!
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 13, 10:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can woohoo and make out at City Hall, the Mausoleum, the Theater or Science Center. You do get the option for "try for baby in test chamber" at the science center if the relationship level is high enough - barely friends seems to work all the time for me. My legacy founder had 7 kids in 6 pregnancies by 4 guys and never had a romantic interaction with any of them.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 13, 15:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, I don't get the Woohoo option, just Makeout, even with sims whose relationship is at 100%. I've only tried the Mausoleum, but I'll test the other places and see if I get it.
little_lark
Asinine Airhead

Smashing idiots with hammers since 1989

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 16, 01:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can woohoo and make out at City Hall, the Mausoleum, the Theater or Science Center. You do get the option for "try for baby in test chamber" at the science center if the relationship level is high enough - barely friends seems to work all the time for me. My legacy founder had 7 kids in 6 pregnancies by 4 guys and never had a romantic interaction with any of them.

I find sims with the flirty trait can be coerced into making out/woohooing/trying for babies without any kind of romantic attachment forming, at a level barely above friendship. Just have them lie on a bed and initiate the interaction from there.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 16, 18:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They always bring Normal quality food. 
This is what really irritates me.  Even if you happen to know that particular sim is a Natural Cook at a high rank of the Culiary Career, they always bring crapy normal food that appearently wasn't prepared by anyone.  Why can't it say "prepared by ____"?  And be at a reasonable quality based on the sim's actual cooking abilities?

And on a related note, why can you pay $75 at the Bistro for a Normal boul of Mac and Cheese or an outstanding plate of Grilled Salmon?  It's the same frickin' price, and the player has no control over what the moronic sim autonomously orders.  Varrying quality makes sense, sure; I've been to fancy restarunats and gotten amazing food and crummy food and plenty of in btwn stuff too.  But who orders mac and freaking cheese at a restaruant?  Especally if you could get Salmon for the exact same price.  And I also thought it would throw in a nice dash of realism if the food had a "prepared by ____" and listed a sim who was actually working at the Bistro at the time the food was ordered.  Would help with the whole "living breathing world" facade, for me anyway.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 17, 11:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what really irritates me.  Even if you happen to know that particular sim is a Natural Cook at a high rank of the Culiary Career, they always bring crapy normal food that appearently wasn't prepared by anyone.  Why can't it say "prepared by ____"?  And be at a reasonable quality based on the sim's actual cooking abilities?
Answer: There is absolutely no reason it can't be, other than PURE AND UTTER EAXIAN LAZINESS. I suppose you want me to fix it now. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2009 July 17, 13:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been doing MoveObjectsOn and deleting the uninvited guests, because they slow my game down (crappy old computer). Too bad we can't hire a bouncer!
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 July 17, 17:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Answer: There is absolutely no reason it can't be, other than PURE AND UTTER EAXIAN LAZINESS. I suppose you want me to fix it now. Tongue
Grin  You know, if you're updating Awesomemod anyway...

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 July 19, 10:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's always the option of having the party at the park.  No cleanup afterward.

Not all those who wander are lost.
--J R R Tolkien
lmind
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 July 20, 14:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my family? Everybody. Zonti's graduation party had about 300 guests, I shit you not.

Ridiculously huge parties were my favorite part of TS2, and TS3 (so far) seems better.  I think it's great that the guests bring friends -- it's more realistic, it allows your sims to meet new people, and it makes for a bigger party.  I like that they bring food, too.  My legacy family throws about one party per day, and the fridge is overflowing with leftovers.  They never cook.  I also like that people arrive early and leave late in TS3, instead of the game-crushing simultaneous zerg rush for the front door at the beginning and end of TS2 parties.  Lastly, it seems that simply attending a party improves sims' relationships in TS3, so you don't have to actually socialize with everyone.  Overall, it's just a little bit better in every way.

My only question: Is there a way to increase the guest limit, like there was in TS2?
Lurker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 July 20, 16:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only question: Is there a way to increase the guest limit, like there was in TS2?
See the mod here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=352086
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: