More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:16:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  I don't want your goddam crappy macaroni and cheese!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I don't want your goddam crappy macaroni and cheese!  (Read 16380 times)
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
I don't want your goddam crappy macaroni and cheese!
« on: 2009 July 12, 02:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do all my guests insist on bringing random ass plates of food?  I have a sim who's a chef- I don't need any more waffles.  After every party, I have to go through and try and find all the food that's been scattered around the house.  I usually miss an autumn salad or two, and have to deal with the foul monstrosity on the kid's desk later.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: I don't want your goddam crappy macaroni and cheese!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 12, 02:49:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, just ignore it. The Robotic Hand of God will smite it when it goes bad.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 12, 03:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Hand will only take care of it if you have that feature enabled in Awesomemod. By default, it's disabled.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 12, 03:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I'd rather it just not exist at all.  Who the hell gives a six year old pancakes for their birthday?

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 12, 04:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I'd rather it just not exist at all.  Who the hell gives a six year old pancakes for their birthday?

Pedobear?

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 12, 04:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who SHOWS UP for a 6 year old's birthday?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 12, 04:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who SHOWS UP for a 6 year old's birthday?

Pedobear?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 12, 05:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my family? Everybody. Zonti's graduation party had about 300 guests, I shit you not.

It kind of reminds me of how parties go in my friend group. One person will be hosting, and everyone feels like they need to contribute, even if the host says they have it covered. We proceed to always bring much more food and booze than needed. I think we've supplied my one best friend's liquor cabinet. She now sends us back with parting gifts of half-used bottles of hard liquor.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 12, 06:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my family? Everybody. Zonti's graduation party had about 300 guests, I shit you not.

It kind of reminds me of how parties go in my friend group. One person will be hosting, and everyone feels like they need to contribute, even if the host says they have it covered. We proceed to always bring much more food and booze than needed. I think we've supplied my one best friend's liquor cabinet. She now sends us back with parting gifts of half-used bottles of hard liquor.

See, if Uncle James brought half a handle of rum to little Lauren's sixth birthday party, that would be interesting.  I wish that would happen.  (Modders, get on it!  Hot dogs to gin!)  But instead he's bringing a plate of Autumn Salad.  Then, he walks all the way upstairs to her baby sister Lisa's room, and puts the salad on the end table.  Who at EAxis thought this was a good idea?  Maybe with one guest, but when you have thirty all looking for a place to put their offering, it gets old fast.

What would be awesome is a "No, you don't have to bring anything" checkbox on the invite screen.  Maybe the mother-in-law ignores it, but everyone else generally adheres.

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 12, 06:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing that annoys me most about this scenario is that the game implies, upon your sim having invited all of the guests, that your sim needs to have a lavish setup in order for said guests to enjoy themselves. Nuh uh! If the guests bring their own food, why even bother having your sims serve food or buy a buffet table? The whole setup is retarded. Retarded, I tells ya!

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 12, 06:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who at EAxis thought this was a good idea? 

I don't know, but he/she apparently designed the entire game.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 12, 12:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the guests bring their own food, why even bother having your sims serve food or buy a buffet table?
They always bring Normal quality food.  You want a plate (or plates, if you've invited a lot of guests) of Excellent or Outstanding food, so your guests all get good food moodlets.  If you don't have that cheaty Legendary Host perk, this is the easiest way to get the "amazing party" rating, which fulfills the Wish and gives your host Sim a positive moodlet.

Fortunately, you can keep the idiot guests from noshing on that crappy plate of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches by using Call to Meal on the decent food as soon as all the guests are on the lot.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Shaprepenr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 12, 13:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I guess the guests are being "polite" by briging in Mac 'n Cheese. It's annoying. I never liked hosting parties in the Sims because the guests are just so god damn annoying!

•I'm a social--
•--Butterfly?
•No. Watermellon.
•Then socially speaking; I am going to eat you.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 12, 17:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the guests bring their own food, why even bother having your sims serve food or buy a buffet table?
They always bring Normal quality food.  You want a plate (or plates, if you've invited a lot of guests) of Excellent or Outstanding food, so your guests all get good food moodlets.  If you don't have that cheaty Legendary Host perk, this is the easiest way to get the "amazing party" rating, which fulfills the Wish and gives your host Sim a positive moodlet.
My guests rarely eat. I suppose it is a good way to get meals in the fridge if your sim isn't focused on cooking. Have party, shove all foods in fridge, and focus on socializing. Now there's food to nom on for a few days.

Except, of course, for the huge exploit of quick meals and the way that pretty much any crappy food will fill a sim from starving to completely full.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 12, 17:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And why do all these uninvited people show up? Then they all go upstairs with their plates of crappy hotdogs, get stuck on the upstairs porch, and then tell me the party was lousy *shakes fist at Townies*.
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 12, 20:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never seen that. I do not do birthday parties.

Shaprepenr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 12, 21:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And why do all these uninvited people show up? Then they all go upstairs with their plates of crappy hotdogs, get stuck on the upstairs porch, and then tell me the party was lousy *shakes fist at Townies*.

Another reason why I don't host parties. "Your Sim wants to host a birthday part." **DELETE WISH!**

•I'm a social--
•--Butterfly?
•No. Watermellon.
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 12, 21:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like all the invitations are "guest + 1", so any sim you invite has a chance to bring a friend.  Maybe the devs were trying to facilitate the meeting of new acquaintances & friends in the game.  Clearly they missed the boat, since friends in Sims 3 are not "needed" as they were in Sims 2.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 12, 22:15:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes me laugh to think how much time I spent in TS2 trying to make friends for my sims, and in TS3, I'm always putting the phone on Ignore  Cheesy
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 13, 02:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims are all Loners. It seems to make them pretty happy. I just love how adorable they look when they get nervous in crowds.

ASEXUAL SPAWNING. FRIENDS ARE FOR THE WEAK. YOU SHALL LIVE IN THE HIGHEST ROOM IN THE TALLEST TOWER.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 13, 04:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims are all Loners. It seems to make them pretty happy. I just love how adorable they look when they get nervous in crowds.

ASEXUAL SPAWNING. FRIENDS ARE FOR THE WEAK. YOU SHALL LIVE IN THE HIGHEST ROOM IN THE TALLEST TOWER.
Not quite asexual, but my current sim is making some random guy a friend (barely, as soon as it hits friend, stop talking), taking him to the science center and "try for baby in test chamber" with him. So much easier for a loner, commitment phobe to deal with. She's got like 4 total friends (all the fathers of her children) by the time she reached 90.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 13, 04:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can "try for baby" at the science lab? Is this part of a mod?
Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 13, 04:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can "try for baby" at the science lab? Is this part of a mod?

You can WooHoo in a lot of rabbitholes. Just get two sims to 'tour ____'.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 13, 04:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought touring rabbit holes was just a way to torture sims and give them "bored" moodlets  Cheesy  I look forward to having sims do it in horribly inappropriate places now!
Shaprepenr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 13, 10:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought touring rabbit holes was just a way to torture sims and give them "bored" moodlets  Cheesy  I look forward to having sims do it in horribly inappropriate places now!

Like the Mosoleum?  Wink

•I'm a social--
•--Butterfly?
•No. Watermellon.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: