More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 06:55:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Glitches 101. The Criminal Career. A compendium of Fail.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Glitches 101. The Criminal Career. A compendium of Fail.  (Read 5451 times)
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Glitches 101. The Criminal Career. A compendium of Fail.
« on: 2009 July 11, 16:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How much worse does piss-poor programming get? Before I could even start my Sim in the Criminal career I had to replace the warehouse lot as it had the well-known "cannot enter" bug. In order to even do that I had to use moveobjects to replace the lot as it would not place otherwise, giving me a constant "cannot intersect other objects" message even after clearing the lot completely.

Once started in the Criminal career I am having constant problems with the work hours. The career panel says my Sim should be at work but no carpool shows and the "send to work" button claims it is not my Sims working hours. The Sim goes to work about one in three of his supposed shifts and as a result is progressing at the rate of a paraplegic snail stuck in frozen treacle.

Headdesk. It's driving me nuts.

Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: Glitches 101. The Criminal Career. A compendium of Fail.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 11, 16:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange! I haven't had any of those problems with it. I had a sim reach the top of the career. I'm wondering why it works for some people, and not for others.  Huh
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 11, 16:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of curiosity - Sunset Valley or Riverview?

I have a klepto on the thieft career path in Riverview (one from top now) and have not encountered the problems you are having.

However, I have heard of this before (discussed on official forum)...so now am wondering if only reason I have not encountered it is because my criminal is in Riverview as opposed to Sunset Valley?

Exiled
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 11, 17:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There have been reported problems with criminal Sims being unable to go to work if a law enforcement Sim raids the criminal warehouse.  Did you, by any chance, happen to do this?
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 11, 17:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is Sunset Valley and yes I did have a law-enforcement Sim (ironically the grandmother of the criminal Sim) raid the warehouse a long time ago.

kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 13, 20:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen with an entry-level thief in Riverview.  She was unable to go to work at all, and I've never had a law-enforcement sim in the neighborhood to muck up the opportunity.  I haven't decided whether to fix the neighborhood or just abandon it, as she's only a second-gen sim.
Mazza
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 13, 21:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This fix works. Go to edit town and click on the criminal warehouse lot. Enter build/buy mode, click on the warehouse and delete it.

Now go to community lots/objects (located in build mode) and replace it. Don't panic when the stupid game tells you "You cannot intersect other objects" just use good old moveobjects on to place the building.

Now save your game. Re-enter as usual and the problem is fixed.

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 14, 02:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may been easier than that.  I deleted the Criminal building to replace it and found out that I don't have a copy, so I started another game to copy it to library.  When I went back to the neighborhood, the building had autoregenerated by itself.

It came back and appeared ok but it is still corrupted.  Disregard

« Last Edit: 2009 July 14, 02:23:11 by Process Denied » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 14, 15:53:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a similar bug with the Law Enforcement building in Riverview. My one family consists of a brother, two sisters, a sister's spouse, and one larvae. The two sisters were in Law Enforcement, while the brother was in Criminal. Brother was arrested and got out of jail an hour before the carpool came for the sisters. One sister got in the carpool just fine, while the other (who was pregnant, but valid for work due to using "backtowork") threw a script error. I tried everything. I teleported her right to the door. Still with the error.

She went to work just fine while pregnant with the first child, but her sister wasn't in Law Enforcement at that time. She also had an opportunity going on at the same time. That's what I suspect fixed it...I did some manipulating to get the opportunity off her roster. It was the one where you have to meet three neighbors.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: