More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 14:26:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sim advances four levels in career because he is lucky?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim advances four levels in career because he is lucky?  (Read 7889 times)
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Sim advances four levels in career because he is lucky?
« on: 2009 July 11, 15:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had my legacy founder advance from level five in the military career to level nine all in one day.  He went to work and about ten sim minutes later, I got notice that he had made six dollars that day and he was on his way home.  When I looked at his job panel, everything was in the red because he was so far ahead in the job and didn't have the skills or the relationship with the boss.  Did this happen because it was his "lucky day"?  Or was it something else?  I also think that the same day, his ex-wife in the same career did the same thing, but I could be wrong because her skills weren't as far behind.  I ended up having my founder retire (which sucks cause they have little money) because they had three toddlers and a child running the household and he had no time to skill.
little_lark
Asinine Airhead

Smashing idiots with hammers since 1989

View Profile
Re: Sim advances four levels in career because he is lucky?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 11, 20:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sounds like a glitch to me - I've played through four generations of my Legacy family with 'Lucky' as the family trait, and never had anything like that happen.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 11, 22:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using AwesoemMod? If so, then this is likely to be a feature, not a bug, if you have the RequireValidBosses option enabled.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 12, 00:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are either using a severely outdated version, or you did something like switching houses without marking a lot Sacred, which causes the game to promote sims randomly to level 5 to fill the current household's boss requirements, which has nothing to do with AwesomeMod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 12, 06:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I swear I have the most current version.  I check almost everyday for updates!  I also did not switch households because it is a legacy and it is not allowed.  I am banking on a glitch, it just seemed strange to go that far ahead so I thought maybe it was a luck thing.
tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 12, 08:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is awesome >.<
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 12, 08:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have rewritten the entire mass of spaghetti for the next version, so perhaps that bug will stop now. It was almost certainly part of the EAxian spaghetti code, as the original code was kind of a mess.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 12, 10:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something's definitely changed with AwesomeMod, though. When I played the vanilla game, all careers except for the part-time ones had bosses. Now, not so much.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 12, 10:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something's definitely changed with AwesomeMod, though. When I played the vanilla game, all careers except for the part-time ones had bosses. Now, not so much.
The original code had lots of bugs in it, where lots of invalid garbage data was being left in place and not properly cleaned up after invalidation, that's why. When the code was rewritten, these bugs no longer occurred.

JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 12, 14:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is awesome >.<

Cool contribution, thanks for stopping by.

I have rewritten the entire mass of spaghetti for the next version, so perhaps that bug will stop now. It was almost certainly part of the EAxian spaghetti code, as the original code was kind of a mess.

Awesome, even though it wasn't a terrible glitch for a legacy.  He was making great money til I had him retire.  It was just impossible to get his skills and relationships up and I kept getting job performance reminders.  Do you actually get demoted for not improving after awhile?

nemesis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 13, 12:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed the Awesomemod this morning, and I did in fact notice that my founder sim in my Legacy did not have a boss in her Culinary career track.  She is friends with several co-workers who are as high as level 5 in that job... shouldn't one of them be her boss?  She is a schmoozer and can't Suck Up to Boss while at work because her boss doesn't exist.  This has never happened to me before with my previously-vanilla game, and I miss the big job performance boost and fast raises/promotions.  :/
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 13, 12:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you even HAVE a boss meter? If you don't have a boss meter, it is useless to do so because it is not part of the performance metric, and the previous habit of creating one anyway was leading to retention of corrupt data and sim-spamming.

Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 13, 12:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that the Culinary career track does indeed have a boss metric. 

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
nemesis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 13, 12:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had a lot of sims in the Culinary career track, and they have had bosses.  Next to their Job Performance bar, it had a little "Boss" with a face depending on how well I knew the boss.  (So normal functionality...).  Without a boss existent, the little "Boss" indicator is also missing, which indicates either a tie between the Boss relationship and the Boss meter, or a deeper problem removing Bosses entirely.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: