More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 17:20:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do I change a sim's last name?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do I change a sim's last name?  (Read 5728 times)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
How do I change a sim's last name?
« on: 2009 July 11, 11:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't realize until just now that I never installed the traditional marriage hack. Today my lesbian couple got married. Now instead of being Claire Greenwood, we now have Claire Do, which just sounds wrong.

Can I edit names with SimPE or something?

I am very anal about these small details, I know.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Katya
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: How do I change a sim's last name?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 11, 12:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you can edit names in SimPE. You can also rename them in-game if you have the FFS Lot Debugger and the game in debug mode (shift-clicking on the box gives an option to rename the selected sim).
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 11, 12:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank You! This won't cause BFBVFS, will it?

Either way I backed up my neighborhood before changing anything.

P.S. I have the Debugger, but only put it in my downloads if I have an issue already in the game, because it's just so ugly and fits in with nothing.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 11, 13:01:49 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 11, 14:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't like the look of it, you could always hide it under the foundation or in a pond/pool, with moveobjects...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 11, 15:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should always have the debugger...on every lot. It's the only way to be sure. The best places to put it are things like "under a roof", "under the foundation", "under the stairs", and "in the lake". Rare is it that a lot simply has NOWHERE that you can hide it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simsrocks
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 11, 16:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just put the lot debugger behind the house so I have easy access to it in case of emergencies.
Austere
Sexist Creep
Banned!

Xion says, "GTFO of my apartment."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 12, 20:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php/topic,20.0.html

Sim Blender has an option to copy a first name to the last name. So you could change the first name to Greenwood, then take Simblender and turn it into the last name. Then just go back and change the first name again. I think that's how it works.

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 12, 20:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I try to install a debugger on every lot, even community lots.  If I build the lot myself, I make a special windowless room, where I put the Debugger, BRY, Macrotastics, and whatever posing hacks I might use.  The Sim Blender is on most lots, too, but that I can hide in plain sight. 

Christianlov has a Last Name Changer on MTS2, but you don't really need it with the Debugger or Sim Blender.  Not having access to SimPE on Macs can be a mixed blessing:  you can't fix some things, or edit genetics, or extract sims, but it's also a bit harder to FUBAR things. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: