More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 05:52:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  What did you do with the Wolff family?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What did you do with the Wolff family?  (Read 17141 times)
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
What did you do with the Wolff family?
« on: 2009 July 10, 15:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Wolff's were the only Eaxis house that intrigued me. If anyone else has played that house, what did you end up doing? Kids, no kids, split them up? Rapture them both?
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: What did you do with the Wolff family?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 10, 15:25:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe I stole the wife for a Sim of mine, but she was almost elder by that point. Because I am a moron, I didn't realize AFs can spawn right up until their elder transition (nor did I realize the idiocy of starting with a single male Sim). So, I used the "Kick Out" function, and married my founder off to someone else. A little while later, I got the "Morgana Wolff is getting old and doesn't have much time left..." message. Predictably, she died a few days later.

I never even really looked at the premade families, so I can't say which ones do and don't interest me. However, iirc, the Wolffs are a childless couple. Those are the sorts of families that would intrigue me the most. EA-made kids are just bothersome.
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 10, 15:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AS the Wolff lot is one of those with the "beautiful vista" moodlet, and I want those for my houses and sims, the Wolff family went to the trashbin and the home was sledgehammered into oblivion.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 10, 16:34:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I worked really hard on his wishes and had him change his traits and got rid of the hate children.  They then had twins.  The game before, I didn't bother and had her have children anyways.  They get so many moodlets at home the negative doesn't matter.  But getting a red moodlet whenever your are around your children really bugged me.  He makes a great Dad-don't give up on him.  They are worth it--cute couple.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 10, 16:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always make sure they have at least a couple of kids, if nothing else, because they often have really pretty daughters. They are a fairly interesting couple to really play, though, too.  I've found that I like the pre-made sims more in TS3 than I have in previous games. There are really only a few of them that I don't like at all.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 10, 16:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the Wolff family as well, though I haven't played them. In my previous Sunset Valley, they had a daughter, Marlena, who inherited her father's silver-tipped hair. It was interesting to see a child with grey streaks, but she eventually grew into it. She later cloned spawned herself, passing the silver tipped hair to another daughter. I then married one of the sons in my family to her, hoping they'd breed. I did play them to make them try for baby, twice, but failed to get her pregnant. They died of old age, and left the house empty.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 10, 16:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't pay much attention to them originally, but I did end up moving one of their descendants in with my one of my Sims to be his mistress.  Of course his wife didn't notice that half the kids in the house weren't hers.

Oddly enough, it seems that toddlers have X-ray vision and detect infidelity through several walls.  None of his kids ended up liking him much, since they'd all get upset when he'd WooHoo with the other woman.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 10, 17:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I married Morgana and Thornton's daughter into my 'legacy' family. I had the family living in that house for a while, but then built them a house on the beach. The Wolff house, slightly altered, still stands empty in my hood.
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 10, 17:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I stole Thornton from Morgana to marry my CAS sim.  I changed his traits via the mid life crisis perk and although I don't specifically remember what new ones I gave him, I do remember getting rid of the frugal trait.  I got tired of him turning the lights off every time he had a second to himself.  One time he even clapped twice and turned them all off, reminded me of my grandmother. Cheesy
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 10, 18:34:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One time he even clapped twice and turned them all off, reminded me of my grandmother. Cheesy
That's hilarious! I haven't seen him do that yet.

I'm going to tough it out with him hating his own child and hope it causes some drama. I do love his hair as well - I had a little trouble keeping him off my main sim Tongue Her housemate flirted with him, and now everyone hates him.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 10, 20:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've enjoyed watching him attempt to make up for lost time with his daughters once they became teens. Once they aren't children anymore he chases them down with the "Get to know" interaction at every opportunity.
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 10, 20:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I attempted to make one of my favourite sims have an affair with Morgana. She knocked him down. I've ignored the family since then. I think they died out actually.

emctrap
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 10, 20:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my Maximum Drama game, Thornton was poached by a Gold-digger. After the marriage, I had her actively interfere with his ability to get to work, and eventually got him fired, at which point she killed him off. Then I decided the shock would have completely unhinged Morgana, so I addtraited her to Insane, Inappropriate, and Loser, and undermined her until she lost her job, then killed her off.

Currently, the Gold-digger is eyeing the Alto family....
Cedia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 10, 22:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved them into the other modern beach house and bulldozed theirs so that Mr. Anthony Edward Stark could build a smaller version of his Malibu house on that lot and begin his hostile takeover of Doo Peas and Landgraab, thereby transforming the town into Stark Valley.  (shameless plug for his house that my husband built and I decorated - http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=541616)

cedia.gamerdna.com
misterK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 10, 22:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my Maximum Drama game, Thornton was poached by a Gold-digger. After the marriage, I had her actively interfere with his ability to get to work, and eventually got him fired, at which point she killed him off. Then I decided the shock would have completely unhinged Morgana, so I addtraited her to Insane, Inappropriate, and Loser, and undermined her until she lost her job, then killed her off.

Currently, the Gold-digger is eyeing the Alto family....

OSHI-

I have to hear more of this neighborhood. That is pure comedy.

Formerly known as kotchomet, the name that no one can pronounce!
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 11, 13:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do with the Wolff family same as all the other families in my game.  Delete the female Sims and make the males gay.  I too like the Wolff house along with some of the other homes in Sunset Valley.  The homes in Riverview don't impress me as much as the more modern style homes in the Valley.  I often build a top floor over the study in the Wolff house for a separate bedroom/bath/study for a "roomie" Sim.  I like putzing around with his home, I do keep the original woods, walls and the patterns of the furniture and try to stay true to the original exterior and interior of the home design when I make alterations.

emctrap
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 11, 14:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a disappointing lack of spontaneous revenge-taking on my Gold-digger; while Thornton is her first kill, she's cheerfully interfered in five or six other relationships, and so far I haven't even observed a flamingo-kicking or a trashcan-dumping. I may have just missed them, of course, but it seems like my Sims are generally resigned to life. And, I suppose it's actually more of a "maximum misery" neighborhood. For instance, anyone with the Good trait must have their lives ruined. Holly Alto is probably going to be reverse-Aliced. I haven't decided which family is going to get to host a re-enactment of the last half or so of Hamlet, but I think a surviving Ophelia (female OR male) would make an interesting ornament to the neighborhood.

I also put a sort of Jason Voorhees Sim into play. I set him to hot-headed, mean-spirited, charismatic, etc, put him on an empty lot, and let him go. Occasionally, I direct him to the park, but generally the empty lot + charismatic trait seem to keep him going on his own. Every once in a while, I check on him. The rule is, any Sim he has a negative relationship with has is now marked for death. It seems to take quite a while without direction for this to happen; in about 2 game weeks of free range, I've only killed off one Sim this way (Dorie Hart).

I'm considering a zombie apocalypse style game based off of this, actually. Same premise-- start with a Patient Zero, let him/her infect
and instead of killing off any negative-relation Sims, add/droptrait them into pseudo-zombies, and see how long it takes to contaminate the whole place. I'm betting quite a long time, so it's the kind of game where I'll probably set it to run when I'll be AFK for a while (although the opportunity / phone pop-ups are likely to make that problematic).
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 11, 17:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They had a daughter named Alyssa who has the evil trait. One of my kids from my legacy family stayed with her for a sleep-over. She's a teen now, I think, and I may marry her off to one of my 5 legacy children.
Jonni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 11, 20:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My self Sim seduced Thornton Wolff into having a quick gay love affair and convinced him to break up with his wife. Shortly after that my Sim proceeded to pay a visit to the ex-wife to ask her "are you single?" which swiftly resulted in the declaration of Nemesis. Thornton, realizing his  true sexuality, moved out and became housemates with crazy fag-hag, Agnes Crumplebottom. They are both dead now.

The Thorntons had a daughter before all this happened. She is sleeping with my Sim's son.
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 12, 01:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I almost trashed them just to make use of their nicely-placed lot, but I decided to keep them around to see if they would spawn any kids.  They did have one boy named Dequan, but Story Progression also moved in an enormous white woman and a teenage boy.
ZeKat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 12, 14:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't done much yet. I tried to have an affair with Thornton, but he kept refusing, despite finding my Sim irresistible and having maxed relationship. Later, I noticed they had a son, and suddenly, one of my children met a little black boy in school, with the last name Wolff, but he didn't live with the Wolff family and I never got around to figuring out if he was even related to them.
Shaprepenr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 12, 14:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted them and placed my own sims in their house. BAM!

•I'm a social--
•--Butterfly?
•No. Watermellon.
•Then socially speaking; I am going to eat you.
hatsuniza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 12, 21:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do with the Wolff family same as all the other families in my game.  Delete the female Sims and make the males gay.

I don't bother to delete females.  I just use "editsim" and switch their gender.

As for the Wolffs, I've yet to play them (or most of the other pre-mades for that matter) but I'll give them a shot next time.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 13, 00:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a disappointing lack of spontaneous revenge-taking on my Gold-digger; while Thornton is her first kill, she's cheerfully interfered in five or six other relationships, and so far I haven't even observed a flamingo-kicking or a trashcan-dumping.

I'm betting quite a long time, so it's the kind of game where I'll probably set it to run when I'll be AFK for a while (although the opportunity / phone pop-ups are likely to make that problematic).

Everything you just said. MOAR OF IT PLES. That is pure gold; I'm totally going to be trying this.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
emctrap
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 13, 01:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything you just said. MOAR OF IT PLES. That is pure gold; I'm totally going to be trying this.
PROTIP: If you're breaking up a family with kids, get the homewrecker to befriend them first!

It makes it extra poignant when the parents get split up; and, if you time it right, not only does the kid get to live through the death of (at least) one parent, but has to live under the usurper's control indefinitely. That's the strategy my gold-digger will take with the Altos; at the moment, however, she's relaxing in her mini-condo by the sea. (Also, three new deaths in the Voorhees game. Tori Kimura took an especial dislike to him. Goodness knows why.)

Does it count as griefing if it's a single-player game?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: