More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 09:28:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  [solved] Launcher has suddenly decided to stop working...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: [solved] Launcher has suddenly decided to stop working...  (Read 4817 times)
tmcaffeine
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
[solved] Launcher has suddenly decided to stop working...
« on: 2009 July 08, 22:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the RELOADED copy with latest Awesomemod and without patch. And delphy's mod manager thing, if that matters. Launcher has been working fine for about a month, but now any time I try to install anything from it, it loads up and stays at 0% forever. The same thing happens for all packages, whether they're from MTS or the store. Does anyone know how to fix this, or maybe a manual way to install things?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 08, 22:55:49 by tmcaffeine » Logged
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Launcher has suddenly decided to stop working...
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 08, 22:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't install stuff via the launcher if you have awesomemod installed, took me a bit of fiddling to figure that out myself.  I changed my awesomemod, awesomemod config, and resource.cfg filenames so that they weren't loaded when the game started, then after I was done installing I closed the launcher, named the files back to normal, and started my game again.  I'm not sure what you mean about all packages(unless you mean the .sims3pack files, not the .package files).

This question probably should have been posted here, not in a whole new thread, just fyi.
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 08, 22:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used the launcher with no problem having awesomemod installed...

I had the same issue before, where the launcher stopped installing downloads(stuck at 0%).  I wish I could point you in the correct direction(i spent the last 5 minutes looking for it...I fail), but there is a post floating around this forum that has a download link of your sims directory folder to write over your existing one.  I did that and and my launcher worked again.  I hope someone can help you find this!  It may be in the thread that alaira linked you to?

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
tmcaffeine
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 08, 22:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turns out it actually is an Awesomemod issue... I moved Awesomemod away from the mods folder and tried installing something and it worked. I guess I'll just move Awesomemod when I need to install something until the bug gets fixed.

Thanks for the help.
Chinchillagrl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: [solved] Launcher has suddenly decided to stop working...
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 08, 22:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really don't think it could be the mod. I have had it in game since day 1 and my launcher works just fine to install. Do you have any non-awesome hacks installed?
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 09, 09:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turns out it actually is an Awesomemod issue... I moved Awesomemod away from the mods folder and tried installing something and it worked. I guess I'll just move Awesomemod when I need to install something until the bug gets fixed.

It may be the fact that you say you don't have the patch.  AwesomeMod requires the patch.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: [solved] Launcher has suddenly decided to stop working...
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 09, 16:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My launcher refuses to work at all now. I just get the send an error report. Game works though.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: