More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:42:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Apocalypse! How many are left?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Apocalypse! How many are left?  (Read 42653 times)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Apocalypse! How many are left?
« on: 2009 July 07, 22:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many of you are sticking with The Sims 2? How many have come back to The Sims 2? Post here if you have not moved on to 3.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Apocalypse! How many are left?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 07, 22:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm considering moving back. I miss sims with that don't look like doughy faced puddings, aren't completely predictable, all my custom content and the features I had in all my expansion packs  Sad The Sims 2 doesn't have as many glitches either.

So I've tried the sims 3, but I  think given a week or so I'll be returning to The Sims 2.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 07, 23:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I plan to return to Awesomeland the moment I get some free time again.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JerseyGirlOOOO
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 07, 23:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am definitely sticking with The Sims 2.  I have no desire whatsoever to have Sims 3. After reading all of the threads, there is no way in HELL I would EVER have that bloated piece of shit on my computer.  The gameplay looks horrible, all the Sims look like they need Midol to get rid of the bloating, and it just over all looks like shit.  Until there is a way to not have have those larded up, plastic surgery nightmares from fucking up my game, then, and only then, will I being considering it.  Right now, I'd rather be beating with a lead pipe.

EDIT: Is there any reason whatsoever I should even bother with The Sims 3?  I just need to know if it's remotely worth having since I need to download a separate mod just to fix the majority of the fuckups EAsshole always makes.  FYI, I do have several mods from MATY.  It's the only way I can play my Sims 2 game.

Never trust anyone.  Ever.  It will be the biggest mistake of your life.
summerbliz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 07, 23:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been playing The Sims since 1999.  Not impressed at all with Sims3.  I have already deleted the game from my computer.
allon_midbar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 07, 23:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still on Sims 2. Don't really have a choice anyway unless I buy a fancier computer. By the time I get one, perhaps Sims 3 will be up to par. Ha!
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 07, 23:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel much better knowing I am not alone in this decision. The Sims 3 seems to have no appeal value whatsoever, and yet some people are willing to start all over again with this piece of shit.

Maybe in 2013 when The Sims 4 comes out, EAxis may actually start making sense again. May being the operative word.

Edit: I just realized what Pescado wrote. I look forward to future episodes of Awesomeland.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 08, 00:14:55 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Lum
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 08, 01:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm doing both at the same time. Over 300 GB of free space and a shiny new graphic card for the WIN!

I had to reinstall both games at the same time, so I'm starting at zero with both. I'm having loads of fun redoing Sims 2 houses and community lots, so when I switch back to Sims 3 I'm just... bored. Yeah, it has its moments, but I find myself logging off after an hour or less. With Sims 2, I can play all night.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 08, 02:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went back to The Sims 2 a few days ago. TS3 just doesn't interest me that much. I mean, yeah, I enjoy the CAS tool, but I'm more attatched to my TS2 sims and their little quirks.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 08, 02:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hoorah for more Awesomeland!

And TS3 is still a big "meh" for me so far. It's been a week or two since I loaded it up.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 08, 02:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Currently playing both. TS3 is only playable thanks to the AwesomeMod, and the CC for TS2 far exceeds that available for TS3. Not to mention that my Sims look so much better. I'm sure that, with time, I will end up returning to TS2 completely.

I sing along with elevator music.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 08, 03:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't even bothered arrquiring TS3.  The reports here and elsewhere indicate that it's just not that interesting.

Still plodding along in TS2, where for the first time I've actually gotten an entire neighbourhood and sub hoods into their third generation without either getting bored and starting from scratch or being bugged into oblivion by a new EP (yes, JM, I need to make more backups).

And Yeah to more Awesomeland!

(edited to fix my stupidity)
« Last Edit: 2009 July 08, 04:48:36 by vecki » Logged

<insert witty comment here>
Moth
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 08, 03:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm staying with TS2.  The TS3 sims scare me too much.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 08, 03:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been enjoying TS3 and haven't played TS2. I am still downloading cc because I'm not quite ready to get rid of TS2 yet.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 08, 03:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got rid of TS2 last week. All the EP, all my cc, all my backups. The deal with me and any game is that if I don't play it for a month, it doesn't stay on my hard drive. This is how my smallish 160GB drive keeps at around 40% open.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 08, 04:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got both and am collecting mods and content for both, but haven't really played either game in a while...I really should do that soon.  XD

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
nil
Blathering Buffoon

nil is just an orphan and doesn't own anything.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 08, 05:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

still modding TS2 Tongue believing that something may be useful also to TS3.

Stop staring at me, stop following me, stop stalking me, stop spying on me, stop petting me, stop touching me, stop pressuring on me, STOP!
smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 08, 07:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing that attracts me to TS3 at all is the constant time/living neighborhood aspect, which EAXIS fucked up completely. Awesomemod is making great strides, but in the end, I'd just love to see some miracle programming that would add those things to TS2. Eventually what little novelty remains in playing/modding/fixing TS3 is going to wear off and Everyone will be back at home at TS2.
Immortelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 08, 07:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still having too much fun with 2 to want to waste my precious money on 3.  I've played it.  Mildly amusing.  Might upgrade one day.  But not right now.

"Thou hast no more brain than I have in mine elbows." --- Shakespearian insult
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 08, 10:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Despite advance reports in the beginning that TS3 was the Second Coming, I never succumbed-mostly because I like having a computer that works, a game that plays and not having sufficient cash or patience to deal with all the borkeness of the newest game.

Seems like I was justified in staying away. I'm happily playing TS2 without any doubts or fears for my sanity.
Reading the posts at the Sims 3 forums is enough to keep me playing TS2.

Hooray for Awesomeland!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 08, 10:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My PC was upgraded last month, after which Windoze needed to be reinstalled. If I want to play Sims 2 ever again, I first have to reinstall the whole thing. >9000 EPs, stuff packs and probably patches too. I don't think I'm feeling up to it right now.  Roll Eyes

More F than you
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 08, 12:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If sims 2 didn't take 20 minutes to load, vs 20 seconds of sims 3, I would play it more often. But sometimes I just want a quick game. Besides, I like a lot of the new features. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot from sims 2 that I miss, but not enough to wait out the loading time right now. Maybe I'll feel differently sometime.
Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

In Soviet Russia, cupcake laughs at YOU!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 08, 12:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few weeks ago, I arred all the TS2 SPs/EPs (because I lost most of my discs) and have been having oodles more fun spreading Don's seed everywhere thanks to my spankin' new Megahood, than I ever did while drudging through the clusterfuck of stress and forgotten promises that is The Sims 3. I tried and tried for weeks, but it got to the point where I didn't feel like I was playing a game anymore. It felt like a job. A job that didn't even pay.

Truth be told, TS3 somehow managed to ruin the whole series for me a bit, but I still enjoy TS2 over 3. Haven't touched it in over a week.

Though, I got a really snazzy new computer just to play TS3, and now going back to TS2, the quality is much better and the loading times are much shorter, which improves the enjoyment, somewhat ironically. Though there are some things I liked in TS3, there just wasn't enough to keep me in it...
Jade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 08, 14:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Count me amongst the Sims 2 crowd. I prefer Sims 2 over Sims 3 without a doubt.  It is good to know I am not alone  Grin
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 08, 15:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My current rig runs Minesweeper very, very well and can count all the change in my pocket really, really fast. I could play TS1 on it, but that's like pity sex at this point.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: