More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 08:47:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  No steak plants for me?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No steak plants for me?!  (Read 12978 times)
fondeux
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No steak plants for me?!
« on: 2009 July 06, 23:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never got the opportunity that lets you plant eggs, steak, etc., because I had some other skill opportunity at the time. Is there any way around this, or am I doomed to using shitty nice quality eggs for my key lime pies for the rest of my life?   Cry
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: No steak plants for me?!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 06, 23:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From my understanding, the Egg/Cheese - Steak/Patty - Omni Opportunities may not show up immediately after you've gained the requisite Gardening skills/pre-requisites.  Those Opportunities are just thrown into the mix of possibles.  So you may still get those special ones later on, once you've cleared out the current Opportunity.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 07, 00:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may as well ask here, rather than starting another thread, but where do you get the opportunity to plant meat from? I've had three generations of level 10 gardeners and never come across them...

Is there a mod/cheat for it? Huh

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 07, 00:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah same here for me. I have a level 10 gardener who's been alive a very long time thanks to ambrosia. He got the egg and cheese plant opportunity pretty early on. Never got the meat one though and it's been many sim weeks. He's level 10 in the science career too. I suppose I can mess with the omni plant at the Science lab and see what that does, but I am definitely not getting the opportunity.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 07, 00:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few awesomemods ago I found a menu option on the sim, I think, that allowed you to trigger opportunities. You could try that maybe, rejecting opportunities that didn't suit.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 07, 00:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doing that for the burger/steak one removes the ability to plant eggs/cheeses. I tried it. For Fondeaux, this is probably okay, since she will be starting with that opportunity. It goes egg/cheese, then steak/burger.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 07, 01:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To access the menu option: CTRL-Shift click on Sim, Opportunities>Skills>GardeningSkill>SpecialPlants1

You need to do SpecialPlants1 for 2 and 3 to be possible. It's a pain.
Zucabr
Furry
Asinine Airhead

I/ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 07, 04:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To access the menu option: CTRL-Shift click on Sim, Opportunities>Skills>GardeningSkill>SpecialPlants1

You need to do SpecialPlants1 for 2 and 3 to be possible. It's a pain.

There is a problem with forcing opportunities that way, or at least there's a problem with my game doing it that way. When you do SpecialPlants2, SpecialPlants1's effects get wiped out. Meaning to say, it's only useful for forcing SpecialPlants1, because forcing the SpecialPlants2 made it so that I could only plant Steaks and Patties and not be able to plant Eggs and Cheese, and then forcing SpecialPlants3 let me order Omniplants, but unable to plant Eggs/Cheese/Steak/Patty.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 07, 05:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few awesomemods ago I found a menu option on the sim, I think, that allowed you to trigger opportunities. You could try that maybe, rejecting opportunities that didn't suit.
Be careful with that one, it will fuck up your sim's skill counters.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 07, 05:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also gives you every single opportunity book. Basically, it raises every single skill to 10, one by one, giving you any opportunity paraphenalia. Then, it resets all skills to zero.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
fondeux
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 07, 10:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From my understanding, the Egg/Cheese - Steak/Patty - Omni Opportunities may not show up immediately after you've gained the requisite Gardening skills/pre-requisites.  Those Opportunities are just thrown into the mix of possibles.  So you may still get those special ones later on, once you've cleared out the current Opportunity.

Really? I assumed it would pop up immediately after getting to skill level 8.  Thanks!
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 07, 12:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had 3 different sims get these opportunities. One got the cheese/egg opportunity right away, one got it right after hitting level 10, one got it weeks later. You'll get it eventually. Or your sim will die waiting unless you keep feeding him or her ambrosia.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 07, 21:49:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could a mod make this work properly? Create a single hack that triggers the right opportunity as soon as you hit the right level? I suppose it should check sim is gadening lvl 8 and there's 100% chance you get plant op1... then when you hit 9 it checks that your sims is at lvl 9 and finished plant opp1 then you get 100% chance to get the plant op2 etc.?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 08, 10:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but you're a Virgali and all Virgalis suck.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 08, 15:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had 3 different sims get these opportunities. One got the cheese/egg opportunity right away, one got it right after hitting level 10, one got it weeks later. You'll get it eventually. Or your sim will die waiting unless you keep feeding him or her ambrosia.

Did you get all 3 or just the egg and cheese one? I got the egg and cheese one fairly early on but it's been several sim weeks and still no meat or omni, though I have been making use of the omni plant growing outside the science lab.

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 08, 16:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My gardener got eggs and cheese at level 8, I think.  Then he got a challenge to bring 10 cheeses of a specific quality to the restaurant.  By the time he did that, he was at level 10.  He got burgers and steak at that point, and it told him to "come back when you get to level 10 for something really special."  I assume he was supposed to get omni plant seeds, but since he was already at level 10, the opportunity never came up.  Or it hasn't yet, anyway.  He just turned elder, so we'll see what happens.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 08, 16:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, if its part of a sim to have it, I just turn off aging and put them into a holding pattern.  Considering when I do actually play a sim from scratch [birth] I always have all skills maxed by the time they hit YA anyway, I don't feel guilty.

And I've never gotten the omniplant one, but I'm not sweating it yet.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 09, 00:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My gardener got eggs and cheese at level 8, I think.  Then he got a challenge to bring 10 cheeses of a specific quality to the restaurant.  By the time he did that, he was at level 10.  He got burgers and steak at that point, and it told him to "come back when you get to level 10 for something really special."  I assume he was supposed to get omni plant seeds, but since he was already at level 10, the opportunity never came up.  Or it hasn't yet, anyway.  He just turned elder, so we'll see what happens.

Maybe it is some sort of level specific opportunity. My sim got the cheese thing when he was already at level 10. It said 'when you are a higher level you'll get another opportunity' or something along those lines, but obviously he has nowhere to go past 10.

It might be like the 'Tutoring' thing, where you can Tutor to raise school performance if your logic is between 5-9, but then once you get to 10 it gets replace with 'tutor in skill' so if you didn't get the Tutor bonus (as opposed to the Skill Tutor bonus) then you will never get it once you hit 10 logic.

I might try cheating my sim's gardening back down to 7 or 8 and then seeing if he gets the meat or omni opportunities. Like I said, I got the cheese one at 10 fairly early on and then have not gotten the others and it's been a looooong time.

LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 09, 01:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you get all 3 or just the egg and cheese one? I got the egg and cheese one fairly early on but it's been several sim weeks and still no meat or omni, though I have been making use of the omni plant growing outside the science lab.

I eventually got all 3 for each of them. On one it was very quick, just about a sim week. On the other two I never thought it would happen and then they finally did. Two of them were level 10 before they got the eggplant opportunity. That's what I get for having a huge garden full of money trees and life fruit - each new gardener levels up to 10 in a few days.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 09, 03:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I eventually got all 3 for each of them. On one it was very quick, just about a sim week. On the other two I never thought it would happen and then they finally did. Two of them were level 10 before they got the eggplant opportunity. That's what I get for having a huge garden full of money trees and life fruit - each new gardener levels up to 10 in a few days.

Hmm, maybe I just need to be more patient then. It has been a long time though.

Still, I think the odds on getting those opportunities could be tweaked a bit better to make them higher. They aren't just random opportunities but really necessary to round out the skill and fully master gardening as one of the bonuses for the skill requires you to grow one of every type of plant in the game.

LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 09, 05:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, maybe I just need to be more patient then. It has been a long time though.

Still, I think the odds on getting those opportunities could be tweaked a bit better to make them higher. They aren't just random opportunities but really necessary to round out the skill and fully master gardening as one of the bonuses for the skill requires you to grow one of every type of plant in the game.

I'll agree to that. Tying these opportunities to the master gardner should make the opportunities come faster/easier. I have another house (my legacy one) and the founder is about to die. She's been level 10 since she was a young adult, and no opportunity. The kids have a great garden, but no egg/cheese/burger/steak/omni plants. Maybe in this next generation.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 09, 06:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I somehow ended up with 3 omni seeds. I have no flipping clue how it happened. I also had 3 death flowers, 3 life fruit, 3 flame fruit and 3 limes in this sim's inventory. It might have been because I had him forage for random junk with Supreme Commander, or maybe he brought it home one day from his Mad Scientist job. I definitely didn't get the opportunity for it.

You can grow meat on the omni plant but it doesn't seem to count toward the 'grow one of everything' bonus.

The omni plant can grow all sorts of random crap, not just fruit, meat and cheese either, it can grow fish or even teddy bears!  Grin

Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 09, 09:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The omni plant can grow all sorts of random crap, not just fruit, meat and cheese either, it can grow fish or even teddy bears!  Grin

Don't forget books - it can be quite lucrative if you buy some of the more expensive books and start cloning them.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 10, 15:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had two Gardening Level 10 Sims get the cheese and egg opportunity, but so far none of my gardeners have received the opportunity/ies for burgers/steak/omni.

However, since some of you have had the opportunities regardless of having Gardening skill above the required level, I'm not too worried. My Sims will likely be gardeners for many generations to come (or at least until they get extremely wealthy and I'm sick of them), so I'll probably end up with meat plants eventually. Of course, I play on Medium lifespan, so my Sims might all die waiting. In fact, I've run through about three generations of waiting, already. Maybe I'll play a Gardener on Epic and see how long it takes to get these particular opportunities, if I remember.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 11, 01:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My current family founder just got the Omni plant opportunity at age 89. Of course she's had the steak plants for about 30 days so I've had the 10 outstanding steaks in her inventory for about 25 days. She's ordering Omni seeds every day until she dies - this family will have a whole garden of Omni plants. She got to gardening level 10 as a young adult, so this took a long time. I had her refuse every skill-related opportunity unless she could fulfill it immediately with stuff in inventory. You'll get it eventually. Good luck!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: