More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 22:42:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Need Resource.cfg help
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Need Resource.cfg help  (Read 5476 times)
Brick_town
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Need Resource.cfg help
« on: 2009 July 06, 20:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another problem for me..

Well the problem i seem to have is with my resource.cfg, with it in the correct place i am unable to run sims 3 with any mods in place, when i remove all my mods the game loads up, this problem i have has only started today. I'm not sure if the main problem is on the file itself if i double click it it opens with notepad and it never did that before could that be one of the problems and if it is how do i make the file go back to not being able to open with notepad but don't be confused it still is a cfg file not a txt file.

I need to get to the bottom of this problem because it is causing my game all kinds of problems.

I think I'm lost!
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Need Resource.cfg help
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 06, 21:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took my rescource.cfg and mods out to patch, and after the patch it didn't work. I only had a few patterns and the no mosaic mod in, so nothing to cause conflicts. I wasn't using the other file in the framework as I have nothing that needed it, I'm still using a mostly clean game until I know what's what.
So I went looking for a new file and found Delphy has updated the Monkey. I decided to try that and everything is working again.
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 06, 22:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The  mere ability to double click  the file so it opens in some editor doesn't  cause any problems.
(I have all kinds of files linked to editors for years).
Much more important would be to know if your Windows is set to hide known extensions or not.
Right-click on that file and see if it isn't named Resource.cfg.txt by any chance.

-le
« Last Edit: 2009 July 07, 13:05:58 by Leticron » Logged
Brick_town
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 06, 22:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The  mere ability to double click  the file so it opens in some editor doesn't  causing any problems.
(I have all kinds of files linked to editors for years).
Much more important would be to know if your Windows is set to hide known extensions or not.
Right-click on that file and see if it isn't named Resource.cfg.txt by any chance.

-le

No it just says resource.cfg i just reinstalled and got delphys helper again and everything seems ok. at face value

I think I'm lost!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: