More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:40:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Easy way to Magical gnomes and are they bugged?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Easy way to Magical gnomes and are they bugged?  (Read 15019 times)
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
Easy way to Magical gnomes and are they bugged?
« on: 2009 July 06, 13:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My search skills suck but I tried anyway.

*I was wondering what the best strategy is to get the Mysterious Mr. Gnomes? According to Prima the chance of getting one is 6% I believe they are the rarest collectible in the game? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not sure if the 6% is just for the fishing skill or for other activities like exploring the catacombs.

*I would like a hack that would let you either buy the gnomes or let you set up how high you want the chance to be for your sims to get one. Kind of like what the quadruplets mod did for TS2.

*Is there a magical gnome bug? I also noticed people complaining that their gnome stopped moving. This has happened to me. As soon as I got the gnome it started moving around and changing positions. I moved it back to his original spot a couple of times because he usualy ended up outside the lot and I was scared it would get stolen.

After a couple of times of doing so I noticed it stopped moving. My sim spends a lot of time outdoors, she's got the love the outdoors trait after all and I make sure the camera is focused on her during the times the gnome is supposed to be moving according to prima.

*What triggers the gnome to move? According to prima this happens between 3 and 6 am when your sim is sleeping. I'm pretty sure this is wrong because the gnome moved when my sim was awake and upgrading an appliance in the kitchen.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Easy way to Magical gnomes and are they bugged?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 06, 13:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not that rare to get a gnome. I got one on my first trip to the catacombs. Best strategy is to just keep on visiting the graveyard. I'm always daring when presented with a choice in the catacombs, although this may not change the chances.

I suggest you ask for the hack in the AwesomeMod request thread.

Sure your gnome wasn't kicked? Once kicked, it stops moving. I was gutted when my sim came home from work to find Magico face down on the ground Sad

Prima Guide was wrong about a lot of things. I wouldn't be suprised if the 3 - 6am thing was total bullshit. My gnome moved throughout the day aswell, even when my camera was on him.

Edited to delete my pointless quotation

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 06, 13:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I expect prima to be wrong but I hope it'll at least hint in the right direction or you can discover the truth my experimenting with what prima says. My gnome was kicked AFTER I realised it stopped moving. Since I read here that someone else's gnome started to move again after it got kicked. Huh

I have to go now so I'll make an official request tomorrow-ish

I gues I'll just have to kepe on searching the catacombs. I've noticed that doing so during the day almost always end up in bad outcomes while doing so between 12:00 and 05:00 often gives me good results... anyone else notice this or is just me?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 06, 14:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gues I'll just have to kepe on searching the catacombs. I've noticed that doing so during the day almost always end up in bad outcomes while doing so between 12:00 and 05:00 often gives me good results... anyone else notice this or is just me?

I got my gnome in the early hours. You could be right about that.

simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 06, 15:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renaming your magical gnome demagics it.  Undecided
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 06, 15:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found the most gnomes through sending gems/metals to be cut. I had 20 on one lot through that method.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 06, 16:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a ton of rocks cut into gems, fished like crazy (even cool ones like catching vampire fish and deathfish, not just trout) and have visited the catacombs more than I can count (and the only thing found is that 'zombie bear scared your sim' pop up) but NO magic gnomes   Angry

A 'get gnome' hack would be most beneficial.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 06, 16:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can buy magical gnomes with this hack, but buyable money, omni, and death flower seeds is included. All in one package.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 06, 16:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Code:
<base>
  <Current_Tuning>
    <kTrickeryStartHour value="21">
      <!--Earliest hour of the day that gnomes may enact their nightly trickery (probably late at night - must be after noon).-->
    </kTrickeryStartHour>
    <kTrickeryEndHour value="4">
      <!--Latest hour of the day that gnomes may enact their nightly trickery (probably early in the morning - must be before noon).-->
    </kTrickeryEndHour>
    <kTrickeryRescheduleHours value="0.25">
      <!--(Positive float) - Hours later to reschedule trickery, if first alarm occurs during interaction.-->
    </kTrickeryRescheduleHours>
    <kChanceDoNothing value="0">
      <!--(ACTION weight - influences chances of all ACTIONs) Chance that a magic gnome will do nothing.-->
    </kChanceDoNothing>
    <kChanceChangePose value="0.1">
      <!--(ACTION weight - influences chances of all ACTIONs) Chance that a magic gnome will just change pose.-->
    </kChanceChangePose>
    <kChanceMoveRandomly value="0.3">
      <!--(ACTION weight - influences chances of all ACTIONs) Chance that a magic gnome will just move to a new location.-->
    </kChanceMoveRandomly>
    <kChanceVisitFavoriteObject value="0.2">
      <!--(ACTION weight - influences chances of all ACTIONs) Chance that a magic gnome will visit its favorite object.-->
    </kChanceVisitFavoriteObject>
    <kChanceVisitSlot value="0.2">
      <!--(ACTION weight - influences chances of all ACTIONs) Chance that a magic gnome will visit a slot.-->
    </kChanceVisitSlot>
    <kChanceCleanObject value="0.1">
      <!--(ACTION weight - influences chances of all ACTIONs) Chance that a magic gnome will just clean an object.-->
    </kChanceCleanObject>
    <kChanceUseObject value="0.1">
      <!--(ACTION weight - influences chances of all ACTIONs) Chance that a magic gnome will use an object.-->
    </kChanceUseObject>
    <kChanceChangePoseOnMove value="0.8">
      <!--(0-1) Chance that, if doing a move action, a magic gnome will also change pose.-->
    </kChanceChangePoseOnMove>
    <kChanceUseTV value="0.6">
      <!--(0-1) Chance that, if using an object, will choose to use TV rather than stereo.-->
    </kChanceUseTV>
    <kIdlePoses value="magicGnomeStanding,magicGnomeProud,magicGnomeHandstand,,magicGnomeDancing,magicGnomeDancing2">
      <!--Idle poses - list of model names-->
    </kIdlePoses>
    <kSleepPoses value="magicGnomeSleeping">
      <!--Sleep poses - list of model names-->
    </kSleepPoses>
    <kInterestedPoses value="magicGnomeScared,magicGnomePointing,magicGnomeExamining">
      <!--Interested poses - list of model names-->
    </kInterestedPoses>
    <kRelaxingPoses value="magicGnomeLyingDown, magicGnomeSitting">
      <!--Relaxing poses - list of model names-->
    </kRelaxingPoses>
    <kWeightOutside value="3">
      <!--(Positive float) Weight to add if an object is outside.-->
    </kWeightOutside>
    <kWeightSubtractOtherGnome value="1">
      <!--(Positive float) Weight to subtract for each other magic gnome this object is the favorite of.-->
    </kWeightSubtractOtherGnome>
    <kExhaustedPoses value="magicGnomeSleeping">
      <!--Exhausted poses - list of model names-->
    </kExhaustedPoses>
    <kWeightPlant value="3">
      <!--(Positive float) Weight to add if an object is a plant.-->
    </kWeightPlant>
    <kWeightExpensive value="2">
      <!--(Positive float) Weight to add if an object is expensive.-->
    </kWeightExpensive>
    <kExpensiveThreshold value="1500">
      <!--(Simoleons) Threshold above which a gnome thinks an object is expensive.-->
    </kExpensiveThreshold>
  </Current_Tuning>
</base>
asciident
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 06, 17:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this must be true. One of my One Fambly's four Gnomes is in its original position, never kicked, never moved. I gave it a name and it has never been magical. Sad

asciident / realrobotica
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 06, 18:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd guess the Prima Guide is wrong too - they were all over my game like a rash before I stopped playing.

Renaming your magical gnome demagics it.  Undecided
I think this must be true. One of my One Fambly's four Gnomes is in its original position, never kicked, never moved. I gave it a name and it has never been magical. Sad

I don't think this can be right either - my first gnome had a name (straightaway after my sim caught him - George, I think it was) and he was off round the lot like a rocket.

Inteen for AL, yay!
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 06, 18:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a family with 25 named gnomes and I am pretty sure they still moved about.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 06, 19:02:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a magic gnome and that filthy slacker hasn't moved once in the whole week.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 06, 19:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can buy magical gnomes with this hack, but buyable money, omni, and death flower seeds is included. All in one package.

Thanks!  I will give this a whirl. 
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 06, 19:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My gnomes won't budge unless I kick their shortasses, and even then it's rinse and repeat if I want a different pose. It doesn't matter if I've renamed them or not, or have the camera pointed at them for over a week.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
cuthbert
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 06, 19:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be irrelevant to this thread, but my gnomes especially love the fridge. And once they go in, they never get out on their own - at least in my lot they don't. To make matters worse, you can't let those buggers out through inventory-managing. You have to pause the game while the fridge door is open, and manually drag it out.  Angry Almost all the gnomes I found visited the fridge at least once in their short-lifespan, a few of them twice. So if your precious gnome vanishes into thin air and nowhere on the lot to be found, don't panic - just check in the fridge.
asciident
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 06, 20:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Renaming your magical gnome demagics it.  Undecided

I don't think this can be right either - my first gnome had a name (straightaway after my sim caught him - George, I think it was) and he was off round the lot like a rocket.

Interesting. It's just a bit weird, I suppose, that 1 of these 4 gnomes hasn't moved in 3 generations of the family -- they were all found and placed during the founder's lifetime. 2 of the others did move around a bit, but have completely stopped since I put them into the 2nd generation's fenced garden; the 4th gnome never moved either, but he was also kicked, so it's hard to say. Are gnomes bugged, or is my One Fambly's set of gnomes just extraordinarily lazy? Does the fenced garden have anything to do with it?

asciident / realrobotica
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 06, 20:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gnome can be kicked and named and still do its thang. Also each gnome has a favorite object and will from time to time interact with said object.
Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 06, 21:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My gnomes won't budge unless I kick their shortasses, and even then it's rinse and repeat if I want a different pose. It doesn't matter if I've renamed them or not, or have the camera pointed at them for over a week.

According to the Prima Guide (take with a big grain of salt) gnomes move when you're not looking at them.  I took the "looking at them" part to mean when the camera is not focused on them.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 06, 22:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had one (1!) gnome to date. I've moved it, named it, kicked it and sworn at it. It has never done anything. I received it from a smelted rock.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
mindtempest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 07, 00:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 12 gnomes on my fambly lot, they were all named upon acquisition, and still moved up to three times before half of them congregated in the garden in front of the Grim statue that I added via the add to fambly inventory cheat.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 07, 00:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the Prima Guide (take with a big grain of salt) gnomes move when you're not looking at them.  I took the "looking at them" part to mean when the camera is not focused on them.
Like most things in the Prima Guide, that is utter BS. In my 20 gnome household, I placed them all in my default camera view. They moved from that point.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Plum
Juvenile Jackass

WTF is she on about now?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 07, 05:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My gnome (who I named upon acquisition) went outside on his own, was promptly kicked over by the mailman, and then moved when my Sim picked him up--as in, he moved not only while I was looking at him, but while my Sim was holding him. He hasn't moved in the few days since then though.

There are no consistencies! The man on the grassy knoll was, in fact, a gnome!

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 07, 06:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not in my game, it doesn't. I had my sim name her gnome right away, and it still moved periodically, though it did stop after about a week, sim time, and then I sold the bugger.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 07, 07:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had three magical gnomes on a lot, of which at least two moved around at first, one of them several times, but then it stopped and none of them moved for several sim weeks. Two of them were kicked at some point, but I'm not sure if they moved after that or not. In any case, it seems, most of the time they stay still and only move, seemingly, randomly.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: