More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 13:57:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Social motive and toddlers/kids
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Social motive and toddlers/kids  (Read 3826 times)
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Social motive and toddlers/kids
« on: 2009 July 04, 09:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the social worker come and take away toddlers and kids if their social motive is too low?  I'm trying to run a child labor camp, and the only problem I'm running into is the inability to fill social in any kind of efficient way, when the only people they know are each other, their robot overlord, and the guard dog.  Toddlers refuse to huggle, either because they don't know each other well enough, or because they are both in a constant funk from hygiene desperation.  Strangling the dog grants practically no social at all.  Everything else is a waste of the overseer's time or the inmates' time.  Eventually, everyone will have gold gardening badges and will probably be spending most of their time talking to plants, but until then social is a problem.

I'm guessing toddlers with no social get taken away, so I've been cheating them up.  Is there maybe a custom object/toy/whatever that will allow toddlers to raise social on their own?  (Yeah, I know, the WCIF thread, but I have a bunch of related questions so I figured I'd put them all here.)  I'm hoping that children will just get a social bunny to follow them around and that will be the end of it, but I'm kind of afraid to test it since the robot overlord paid good money for these kids.  Does anyone know?  Searching google for related topics just gives me pages of hits for people who want to get their kids back from the SS, kill the SS and cause BFBVFS, and furries who want to do the social bunny.

If anyone's done this kind of thing before and has hints, they'd be appreciated.  I have all EPs except FT and BV.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Social motive and toddlers/kids
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 04, 09:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. You could just install a no-SS hack, though. I'm not sure HOW you are running the labor camp, though: Toddlers cannot produce anything useful!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 04, 09:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The toddlers are locked in a room with some dog food and dog beds and generally left alone while the more useful inmates run on gardening macros.  It only takes them four days to grow up, and since they can take care of themselves (well, minus social) it doesn't make sense to force their biological parents to put up with them for that long.

Maybe I will install a no-SS hack, or just rig the eternally-sleeping-nanny exploit.  Thanks.

Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 09, 13:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or just rig the eternally-sleeping-nanny exploit.
I've never heard of that one before. How does it work?
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 09, 15:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

or just rig the eternally-sleeping-nanny exploit.
I've never heard of that one before. How does it work?

Unless I'm mistaken, it's:

1:  Hire a nanny.
2:  Romance the nanny.
3:  Invite the nanny to relax in a bed with you.
4:  Block the nanny's side of the bed so she can't get out.  (I don't think you even have to woohoo the nanny so she's actually sleeping, but I could be wrong on this point).
5:  Nanny stays in bed forever.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 09, 22:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unless I'm mistaken, it's:

1:  Hire a nanny.
2:  Romance the nanny.
3:  Invite the nanny to relax in a bed with you.
4:  Block the nanny's side of the bed so she can't get out.  (I don't think you even have to woohoo the nanny so she's actually sleeping, but I could be wrong on this point).
5:  Nanny stays in bed forever.
Okay, thanks. I've never heard of that one before...
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 10, 08:00:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I believe it can probably be done with ACR without actually having to do any romancing.  The Casual Woohoo options are always available, and automagically send both sims to lie on the bed/get in the hot tub/sit on the couch, and I don't think the interaction can actually be rejected until they get there, at which point the trap is already sprung.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: