More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 08:24:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Autonomy Numbers in SimPe?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Autonomy Numbers in SimPe?  (Read 4593 times)
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Autonomy Numbers in SimPe?
« on: 2005 November 20, 16:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone briefly explain how to set autonomy numbers in SimPe. I know where they are, I just don't know how high or low to set the number. Is 100 full autonomy(always use) or no autonomy(never use)? How high or low can I set the autonomy, to 0 or 1000? Thanks for the info.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Autonomy Numbers in SimPe?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 20, 16:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually the values are 50 for something the Sim can do autonomously, and 100 for something he cannot.  That's decimal value - it would be 32 and 64 hex

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 20, 17:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Inge...Do you get progressive autonomy levels for numbers between 50 and 100. For instance 60 would be a little more attractive, 75 a bit more, etc.? Also, does this affect then how 'attractive' (drawn to) the object the sim is? If not, what value do I change to make the object more attractive and to what numbers for more/less attraction?
« Last Edit: 2005 November 20, 17:06:55 by Braveheart » Logged
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 20, 17:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, those are cut-off thresholds.  By default a Sim's autonomy level is 50, and so any menu option with an autonomy level of up to 50 should in theory be available to him.  In sims 1 we could change a Sim's autonomy level enabling him to also choose from options with higher levels, but I haven't found that to be the case in Sims 2.

To change how attractive an option is, you need to edit the motives advert table in the TTAB, and you can also change the value for attenuation which means how far away from an object a sim will still want to bother with it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 20, 17:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks again, just one more thing. What values do I use for the Att. Value to make sims want to go over to it? Right now the object Att. Value is set at 0x00000000. Thanks again. Hope your patience is holding out with me Smiley
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 20, 17:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the attenuation drop-down list and choose "none".  The number only works if you are using a custom attenuation.  With "none" chosen, the sim will not be put off by distance from the object.

Then to make him want to use it, open the Motives tab.  Click the Help button and that might be enough to get you started.  I do hope you said "yes" to installing the PJSE plugins when you installed SimPe? Smiley

Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 20, 18:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm lost now! I don't even see a drop down list except for one called Motives and under that is adult, teen, child, etc. As for the PJSE plugin.......huh? Maybe I will reinstall SimPe and say 'Yes'
I really appreciate all your help this morning Inge, but I think I need to find a couple tutorials and sift through them again. I really seem to be a bit dense with SimPe and have only recently learned how to recat objects with it. One day I'll get this!
I'm off to church now and will not be able to check back to this thread for a few hours. All you SimPe whizzes please be nice to me, no making fun! Thanks again. TTFN
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 20, 18:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the thing is that when Pete started making his plugins, it was understood that Quaxi would stop spending his time developing those particular built-in parts of SimPe, which means they're now quite a bit less comfortable to use than the newer PJSE versions.  Thing is that because we don't support non-English languages, he didn't actually build in the plugins instead of his old ones, in case anyone needed German interface.

You don't need to reinstall Simpe, you're already a member of the Simlogical forums, just go to the forum at the very bottom of the forum categories and you can download the PJSE suite from there and just put the files into the SimPe folder as per instructions.   Ask if you're not sure of how to do it once you've read it them.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: