More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:51:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Is there a way to stop the *grrr* boring music?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a way to stop the *grrr* boring music?  (Read 4896 times)
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Is there a way to stop the *grrr* boring music?
« on: 2009 July 13, 16:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so tired to ear a little music EVERY time my Sims so something... each time the Sim find something on the neighborhood... each time he paint... each time bla bla bla... and I'M getting to tired about this...

I tryed to disabled all the audio options but the Jesus Christ of music still play when a Sims accomplish something...

Please, help me with this... this getting me crazy at last!

Sorry for my english  Wink

OH and also, there is an ugly damage car neighbor of my beautiful house... and I can't get it off because its in the neighborhood.. is there a way to change the entire neighborhood to get this stupid car out of my game?

Many thanks again
drace
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Is there a way to stop the *grrr* boring music?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 14, 00:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you just disable the audio options on your computer while you're playing, if it's so annoying?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 14, 01:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't you just disable the audio options on your computer while you're playing, if it's so annoying?

Well just speaking for me personally, I loathe the CAS and build/buy music but I like the stereo music and would like to find a way to keep it without the other and having to switch music on and off all the time.

I think the OP was talking about the little tunes for finishing a repair job, completing a painting, first kiss, fulfilling a want bla bla. Those don't go away if you shut music off, I think they can only be muted if you mute all the audio.

Now I imagine they are in some audio file somewhere and if they were easily accessible could be switched out for new ones and blank ones, but they aren't mp3s as far as I know and I don't know if anyone has figured out the audio format and how to access it yet.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
drace
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 14, 02:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the OP was talking about the little tunes for finishing a repair job, completing a painting, first kiss, fulfilling a want bla bla. Those don't go away if you shut music off, I think they can only be muted if you mute all the audio.

I know, that's why I suggested it. It's a bit stupid, having multiple buttons for stuff and then leaving out an option like this. I wish it could be turned off, I get a headache from all these chirping noises. Myself, I just plug my audio boxes in when I specifically want to hear something (like a sim playing guitar), otherwise I leave them plugged out. At least I get rid of the chirping this way, but I totally agree with you, the switching is damn aggravating.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 14, 02:49:04 by drace » Logged
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 14, 03:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's exactly what I'm talking about...  I would prefer not shut down all the audio option because of the radio or the television or maybe the guitar song but if I have to... at last, I will do.  I really cannot support that annoying finishing a repair job music, first kiss etc.. anymore!!
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 14, 05:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get annoyed by the "ding" whenever there's a popup window notifying me that my sim has found a collectible. When I'm using Supreme Commander to hunt for rocks, the dinging is constant. I have to mute the sound when my sim is auto-collecting. I, too, wish there was a way to turn off only this feature.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 14, 13:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well just speaking for me personally, I loathe the CAS and build/buy music but I like the stereo music and would like to find a way to keep it without the other
I agree. No serious simulation should be forcing happy music down your throat when your trying to navigate menu's.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 14, 13:43:36 by tizerist » Logged
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 14, 14:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ililas:  Don't apologize for your English; you're doing fine.  I love the way you phrase things!  I especially like the "Jesus Chirst of music" part ;-)

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 14, 14:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ililas:  Don't apologize for your English; you're doing fine.  I love the way you phrase things!  I especially like the "Jesus Chirst of music" part ;-)

Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy
Shaprepenr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 16, 09:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well just speaking for me personally, I loathe the CAS and build/buy music...

What!?

Anyways. I noticed that the little music clips that play when u complete promises and stuff like that go away after a while. The only thing that still plays is when you complete a skill/homework/book/etc. But the loooong one that plays when u complete a promise or oportunity stops playing after a while. Give it a few sim weeks.

•I'm a social--
•--Butterfly?
•No. Watermellon.
•Then socially speaking; I am going to eat you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: