More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 21:07:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Is it possible to replace the default skin tones?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is it possible to replace the default skin tones?  (Read 2760 times)
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Is it possible to replace the default skin tones?
« on: 2009 July 03, 17:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pardon me if it's been asked already, though I didn't find anything on it in search. I made my selfsim and had to go with purple on its very lightest setting, because the more flesh-colored tones made me look too orange. So she has a very pale lavender skin, quite zombielike. Although my sim hasn't had kids yet, I have an inkling that with awesomemod's colorblending, (which I love, btw) she's going to have purple babies.

I'd love to replace those defaults with better colors. I can't see myself ever using the red or blue, unless I go daft and decide to make a neighborhood full of fairies.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: Is it possible to replace the default skin tones?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 04, 01:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  Yes it is.  My daughter made one for the blue skin.  You need a program like S3PE or one of the other packaging editor programs, then find the file, export it, do the edits, then save and import, then save it as a new file.  Of course those are only the basic steps because I don't have the energy to go into the whole process right now.

Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 04, 01:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can handle that! I used to do furniture recolors, so it's just a matter of finding the file and opening it. I'll google it!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 04, 02:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like you are off to a good start then.  I went and dug up a tutorial which explains how to go through the process.  Granted, it's for a default replacement for an object, but the method is the same.  I used this for making a default replacement for the money tree and have since made a replacement for the baby bottle, and a white road lines.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: