More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 00:13:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Borked Phones
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Borked Phones  (Read 3398 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Borked Phones
« on: 2009 July 04, 14:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My phones appear to be borked since giving the homeless sims in my legacy 'hood somewhere to live as I get an error when trying to phone sims to chat or invite over (see attached file). There also seems to be a related problem resolving the list of known sims in the UI as I get an entry with a red thumbnail and no name. If I click on it I still get the chat/invite over options and it looks like it may be a work related sim, possibly a boss from one of the career paths. Is there any way to track down and fix the problem sim? I'm happy to delete them if need be. The bug seems to affect all sims in the household.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 04, 15:08:37 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Borked Phones
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 04, 15:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A review of this log reveals only that I had nothing to do with the problem. Other than that, it's not clear what is happening or why. I call BFBVFS.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 04, 15:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that might be the case so I'll trash the game and start the legacy again making sure that I home the homeless first.

EDIT: just checked the previously saved version of the game and it's probably borked too. Is there any chance that a floating/homeless household with a single baby could cause the problem? Can the game cope with that scenario?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 04, 15:27:55 by eevilcat » Logged

Aquilegia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 05, 09:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just hit this bug last night, despite rehoming all the homeless sims earlier in the day. After a lot of tiresome trying of things and going back to the main menu when it didn't work, I used destroyalltownies with apparent success--some of the rehomed townies had unhomed themselves and I had a few new ones in to boot. One of those little bastards was the issue and once it was deleted, the relationships panel and sim switching worked properly.

If it had been really bad I could have blessed my playables and used therapture, but I'm glad it was only a few townies that got the axe.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: