More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:31:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  'Sim is dying' Bug
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 'Sim is dying' Bug  (Read 10827 times)
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
'Sim is dying' Bug
« on: 2009 July 03, 13:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a game where none of the sims in the household can cook because all options are grayed out, can't move out via the computer, and edit town pops the message "You cannot enter Edit Town when a Sim in your household is dying."  No one is dying.  I let the game run for a few days and the issue is still there, I also tried resetsim on all of them and the issue is still there.  Unfortunately the bug is also in the saved backup.  I tried looking at it in the save game editor, hoping to find an IsDying flag, but found nothing.  Any ideas on how to fix it?
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
Re: 'Sim is dying' Bug
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 03, 16:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried clicking on the stove?  I had similar problem with the cooking, something had been left in the stove.

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 03, 16:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do your counter have an appliance on it? For example, I found that if a dishwasher or garbage disposal is under the counter (I don't know if it happens to Store counters only) you would use for preparing food, the game recognize it as occupied and not cleared for cooking.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 03, 16:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe if you killed someone, so that someone did, in fact, die...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 03, 16:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do your counter have an appliance on it? For example, I found that if a dishwasher or garbage disposal is under the counter (I don't know if it happens to Store counters only) you would use for preparing food, the game recognize it as occupied and not cleared for cooking.
Holy shit, that fixed the cooking issue.  That dishwasher had been there the whole time I've been playing and no issue.  Maybe because that area was recently ravaged by fire and replaced...  EDIT: I replaced the dishwasher and I can still cook, very odd.

I still have the move via computer and edit town issue, but I have no clue how long they've been around.  The family has one human and two ghosts.  I killed the human and waited a bit, but still couldn't edit town.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 03, 16:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the game will restrict those options even if a guest is dying. I don't really care if a guest is dying. Personally, it's kind of rude to die at someone else's house Wink but it's not going to stop me from moving out!

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 03, 16:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No guests have been over in a good while.  I did use the moveobjects cheat to delete two of the triplets.  One of which is still listed as being in the household by the relationships tab, but their icon isn't on the left and I haven't seen them since they were deleted.  I tried resetsim on the deleted babies, but no change.

EDIT:  Using the moveobjects cheat to delete a ghost baby will bug your game so you can't Edit Town or Move via computer (but works fine for a non-ghost baby).  I used the save game editor to set the deleted baby to living and everything works great.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 04, 14:01:03 by Rothchild » Logged
Razamataz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 05, 02:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tryed Edit town Mode then Evict them from the house?
WerewolfOfTheWater
Asinine Airhead

derp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 05, 03:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know if you have awesomemod you can just evict any babies or kids and delete them that way instead of having to use moveobjects.

You don't even
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 05, 11:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tryed Edit town Mode then Evict them from the house?
That's the first thing I thought when I had the couldn't cook bug, which is why I noticed the 'sim is dying' bug (couldn't Edit Town or move out).  The couldn't cook part was due to a fire at the only open counter/dishwasher.  I replaced the dishwasher before the counter causing the bug.  Simply had to move the dishwasher out and put it right back and it worked.  The 'sim is dying' issue was caused by using moveobjects cheat to delete a ghost baby, which was fixed with the save game editor.

You know if you have awesomemod you can just evict any babies or kids and delete them that way instead of having to use moveobjects.
Yeah, but I used the moveobjects cheat a long while ago, back before I had AwesomeMod.  It would have been a lot better since the save game editor still lists them as members of the household.
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 05, 14:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you send ghost babies back to the underworld via the tombstone in their inventory? I haven't had any ghost babies yet, nor do I want them, so I wouldn't know.

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: