More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 02:27:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Adults don't live in dorms!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Adults don't live in dorms!  (Read 2897 times)
Yimmit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Adults don't live in dorms!
« on: 2009 July 03, 06:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fired up my game today after a long hiatus and went to play my university. The last time I had visited, the only occupied residence was the Greek house. This is all very weird and kind of long, but bear with me. I can restore from backup, but I want to see if anyone has any suggestions about how I could possibly fix this.

When the Uni neighborhood loaded, I found two green plumbobs staring at me. One above a (supposedly) unoccupied dormitory. I clicked to see who was living in this empty dorm and found five adult sims in the portrait, all of whom are adults and are living in the main hood. Now this dorm has seen a lot of use. Dozens of my sims have lived there, usually just for a semester before they transfer to the Greek house. All five adults had moved to the Greek house before leaving the university neighborhood, but they had all lived in this dorm at the same time.

Before I entered the lot, I loaded the main hood and went into the house of one of the five who were shown as living in the dorm. The teleporter shrub showed no "Kids" household (my default name for the sims who live in a dorm), there were no duplicate characters in anyone's phone panels (I checked Eloise and her mom, who has the business perk displaying all characters in the phonebook).

I had a sim who was supposed to move to college, so I tried to see what would happen if he moved in. Teenage Clark was in the loading panel, along with married Bob and (very pregnant) Darla cuddling and the other three adults standing around them.

Clark was alone when the dorm loaded. The two playables who had lived in the dorm before (not part of the adult five) still had their pictures on their doors. The dormies didn't reset, so Clark claimed a playable's old room. A dormie came to claim the other room. No cafeteria worker came.

I moved Clark out and into the bin. All five adults came with him in the picture in the bin. I moved him into another dorm. The adults were still in the loading screen and he was still alone in the dorm. All dormies were reset this time and moved in as usual and this time a cafeteria worker arrived. Clark pledged the Greek house and I switched to play that lot and moved Clark onto that lot.

When I went back to the neighborhood, the adults were "living" in the new dorm. The plumbob is there, I load the lot and get only buy/build enabled. If I try to demolish the lot, the game tells me the "Kids" household has to be moved out before I can do that.

So is there any way to fix this, or should I just restore from backup and raze the dorm before this can happen again? I've been playing this hood a little over a year and have about 275 playables (dead and alive, according to the census tool) and only about 200 NPCs running Uni, NL, OFB, Seasons. Is this just a lot problem, or is my neighborhood dying on me?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Adults don't live in dorms!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 03, 06:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where are the mystery phantom adults during this process? Still living with their regular famblies in the main hood?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Yimmit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 03, 06:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they are living happily in their homes in the main hood. Eloise moved back with her Mom and Dad. They are all living where they are supposed to be and where they have been living for almost 3 sim days. Bob and Darla are living together and married and expecting their first child the next time I play their house (family sims get right to business).

Their pictures are their adult ones and not their YA ones. Darla's about to pop in the info pic on the dorm.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 03, 07:01:42 by Yimmit » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 03, 08:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like you've somehow managed to get a corrupt Fambly entry that contains the sims that don't belong there. Open up SimPE, use the fambly entry editor, and remove the phantom sims from the incorrect fambly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: