More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:45:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Male pregnancy clothing - with moderate added shininess
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Male pregnancy clothing - with moderate added shininess  (Read 30290 times)
Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Male pregnancy clothing - with moderate added shininess
« on: 2009 July 03, 00:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using the Awesome method of same-sex pregnancy: using Awesomemod to Editsim and change one person's gender just long enough to Try For Baby. Since I'd rather my pregnant males didn't have an invisible body, I've been working with modifying and enabling male clothing for maternity. Or is that 'paternity'? Anyhoo, here's the adult male pajamas enabled for pregnancy and with a modified mesh to have a baby bump. It's enabled for Everyday, Sleepwear, and Athletic wear.

The second file enables the nude top and bottom for pregnancy, but the bottom doesn't seem to work right - I expected my pregnant male Sim to lose the baby bump when he showers or bathes, but for some ungodly reason he changes into shorts.  Huh Also I didn't enable any swimwear yet, so when he went swimming the top half of his body was fine (again minus baby bump) but his bottom turned invisible.

It's a start.

**Updated and modified**

After much banging my head against the wall unsuccessfully trying to enable pregnant morphs for males, I went back to my original project of modifying some of the male clothing to look pregnant. The results are below.

Please note these modified meshes REPLACE the corresponding meshes in the game, so these items of clothing will have a baby bulge whether the Sim wearing them is pregnant or not. You'll just have to not use them for non-pregnant Sims, but it's possible they may randomly show up on crazy Sims or as work clothes. The issue of pregnant men wearing shorts in the shower is still there, but I was able to provide a modifed nude upper body and also slightly modified the shorts they're using. (At least, those are the ones they're using in my game.) They still stay in pregnant-looking clothing after giving birth, until the next time they change outfits. Doing this with a morph the way it's done for women would resolve a lot of problems, but so far nothing I've tried has worked, so this is a compromise.

**Update**

Redone as new clothing. These clothes should NOT show up in CAS, but will be used for pregnant male Sims, and will not replace anything in the game. You'll have to delete the old packages if you have them. They're also usable for teens and elders, although I haven't tested those age groups in the game. (I got a request on MTS for elders to use this mod - I think it's nuts, but if they can get their elder guy knocked up, what the hell.)

Full instructions are in the zip file. Download here: http://timelinefiction.net/pictures/Sims3MPreg/CMAR_non-replace_Mpreg_files.zip
« Last Edit: 2009 July 26, 23:07:21 by Cmar » Logged
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Male pregnancy clothing - for testing
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 03, 02:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that the females in Sims3 don't show a baby bump when pregnant in the shower you may be fighting a losing battle to enable it for males.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Zucabr
Furry
Asinine Airhead

I/ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 03, 08:24:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this done using CTU? I'd like to make a foray into this field and test enabling stuff for both adult and teen males, and for more than just pajamas (I mean bitch, please, fashionable Sims don't wear pajamas as everyday clothing) but I'm a bit confuzzled at the business of How. Care to expound?
Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 03, 12:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that the females in Sims3 don't show a baby bump when pregnant in the shower you may be fighting a losing battle to enable it for males.

I guess the censor blur is supposed to cover that. It's surprising Sims 3 is so backwards in the area of babies compared to Sims 2 - not just this but the larva babies and spontaneous children of the clone.

Is this done using CTU? I'd like to make a foray into this field and test enabling stuff for both adult and teen males, and for more than just pajamas (I mean bitch, please, fashionable Sims don't wear pajamas as everyday clothing) but I'm a bit confuzzled at the business of How. Care to expound?

Yes, CTU to simply check off 'maternity' for the PJs and nude top and bottom. It also worked for the cardigan sweater and cargo pants as an experiment, but no baby bump without a modified mesh. I used Sims 3 Package Explorer, Postal, and Milkshape for the meshing and Postal to package stuff together. The mod seems to have to be in the game when the Sim first realizes they're preggers and starts showing.

This was just a start - I intend to do at least one separate everyday, swim, and formal outfit, and maybe a separate athletic, plus see if anything can be done about the nude body. (He may have to shower in his undies or something.) Can't use too many since each modified mesh replaces a game mesh and makes it useless for regular wear.
Zucabr
Furry
Asinine Airhead

I/ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 03, 13:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah, I just realized that "modified mesh" part. A bit over my head, so I'll settle for the fish rather than the Fishing Skill.

Can't use too many since each modified mesh replaces a game mesh and makes it useless for regular wear.
Wait, do you mean to say that unpregnant male Sims will be unable to use the clothings that these are based on if one puts this modified mesh in? I'm kind of confused. Please expound. What exactly do these files do -- add a mesh, or modify one? And why does it make it "useless for regular wear"?

This was just a start - I intend to do at least one separate everyday, swim, and formal outfit, and maybe a separate athletic, plus see if anything can be done about the nude body. (He may have to shower in his undies or something.)
This will be greatly appreciated. Also, I see that someone on MTS and someone on Custom Sims 3 have enabled the adult maternity clothing for teens. Is doing the same for male teens plausible?

Also... Thanks, This Is Great! Smiley
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 03, 14:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried your pajamas and they work fine except after they've had the child, they continue to wear the maternity pajamas, you have to manually make them wear their everyday clothes.  When I had my sim bathe, he wore shorts but had both the top and bottom of his body visible.  It was nice not to have the floating head, thank you!

Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 03, 14:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, do you mean to say that unpregnant male Sims will be unable to use the clothings that these are based on if one puts this modified mesh in? I'm kind of confused. Please expound. What exactly do these files do -- add a mesh, or modify one? And why does it make it "useless for regular wear"?

Unless there's been recent modding progress I don't know about, there's no way yet to add a mesh to the game, only to override an existing one. So once you have the big belly PJs in your game, each and every YA-A male wearing PJs will have a big belly, pregnant or not. This is the trade-off: for every pregnant outfit you lose a non-pregnant outfit.

I'm not positive how female baby bumps are done in the game, but there seems to be a pregnant morph since the same clothing is wearable for both pregnant and non-pregnant women. Have to explore more.

I see that someone on MTS and someone on Custom Sims 3 have enabled the adult maternity clothing for teens. Is doing the same for male teens plausible?

I haven't looked at teens yet, but most likely they can be done the same way. Balloon Head did it by enabling adult female clothing to be wearable by teens, with that clothing presumably having the pregnant morph built in. (I don't know what he did about the size difference, or maybe the game scales the bodies down?) That won't work for males unless you want your teen guy to suddenly have a female body when he gets knocked up!  Shocked Of course, the Holy Grail of Sim mpreg is to add a pregnant morph to male clothing so we can have both normal and pregnant forms.
Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 03, 14:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried your pajamas and they work fine except after they've had the child, they continue to wear the maternity pajamas, you have to manually make them wear their everyday clothes.  When I had my sim bathe, he wore shorts but had both the top and bottom of his body visible.  It was nice not to have the floating head, thank you!

I know - the same thing happens with an invisible body, or at least it did in my game. With female Sims the pregnant morph for the outfit goes away. With this mod for males there's no pregnant morph, just a modified shape that doesn't go away. As I said above, the best solution would be to add an mpreg morph but my knowledge and skills are not up to that at this point.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 06, 13:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want a work-around for now, just use the "disableclothingfilter on" command. You won't get the pregnant belly, you won't get the invisible body, but you will still get the arched back walk and all the other parts of pregnancy. I've done this for my few male sim pregnancies. I'm holding off on any new ones until our superior leader adds the baby vat to the science center, then I'm back in business.
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 06, 16:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

use the "disableclothingfilter on" command...I'm holding off on any new ones until our superior leader adds the baby vat to the science center, then I'm back in business.
This works well. 

I'm also looking forward to the baby maker, as Hank and Peggy Hill seem to be supplying the Adoption Agency. 
Yasu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 07, 01:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I try to use this, even if I don't have awesomemod installed? I have another mod for same-sex pregnancy, and I'm wondering how this works.

----

Never mind. Thank you for this one, because the floating head disturbed me to no end - loving it. =) Worked fine with a same-sex pregnancy mod from mts.info.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 07, 12:35:09 by Yasu » Logged
saladoor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 07, 14:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just the news i was waiting for, thank you.
downloading
 Grin
Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Male pregnancy clothing
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 11, 23:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated with new clothing. Please download and replace the previous package files with the new ones. I named them differently, so you'll have to look for amPajamaPregEnabled.package and NudePregMaleEnable.package.

Link: http://timelinefiction.net/pictures/Sims3MPreg/CMAR_Male_Preg_Clothing.zip
Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Male pregnancy clothing - change out of those PJs
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 26, 22:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Redone as non-replacement clothing. I'll probably do a few more items now that they don't interfere with the clothes in the game. And I'm still trying to activate a pregnant morph for the males, with no results except extreme frustration so far. Shorts in the shower/bath is still an issue and so is the preg clothing staying on after the guy gives birth, until the next time he changes clothes. Please report any other problems. (And if anyone's been able to modify a morph mesh and have it actually show up in the game, please tell me how!)

http://timelinefiction.net/pictures/Sims3MPreg/CMAR_non-replace_Mpreg_files.zip
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: Male pregnancy clothing - with moderate added shininess
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 13, 15:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've done a great job on this mod and I am happy to say I no longer have to bring the clothes in and out of the game as the pregnancies come and go, I'm able to leave your clothes in the game at all times now.  The only problem I'm having is with the teen everyday bottoms.  There aren't any.  If you get a chance, could you please take a look at this so my teens can have some pants when they head on out to the hospital?  Thanks!    Cheesy

Cmar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Male pregnancy clothing - with moderate added shininess
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 13, 21:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL - good point. I've been meaning to do separate teen clothing, but have gotten sidetracked - will get back to it soon.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: