More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 18:06:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The Sims 3 Expansion In My Head
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims 3 Expansion In My Head  (Read 69583 times)
ililas
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: The Sims 3 Expansion In My Head
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 03, 00:43:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to be able to mortgage to buy a decent house for my Sims  Angry 

I'm so tired about the fact that if I want to play without cheating, I have to buy a small and ridiculous ugly house and stupid furnitures and I have to live in this little pitty house for about three generations before THINKING leaving the house for a bigger one...

If I would have the chance to mortgage to buy a beautiful house and decent furniture when I start the game exactly as human do... they go to the bank and make a mortgage and then, buy their house... and... pay after  Grin 

I'm sure someone can do a little program or hack here and realize my wish  Grin Grin Grin
asciident
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 03, 01:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to be able to mortgage to buy a decent house for my Sims  Angry 

I'm so tired about the fact that if I want to play without cheating, I have to buy a small and ridiculous ugly house and stupid furnitures and I have to live in this little pitty house for about three generations before THINKING leaving the house for a bigger one...

If I would have the chance to mortgage to buy a beautiful house and decent furniture when I start the game exactly as human do... they go to the bank and make a mortgage and then, buy their house... and... pay after  Grin 

I'm sure someone can do a little program or hack here and realize my wish  Grin Grin Grin

I don't know why on earth it would take you 3 generations to build a decently sized house. My legacy family was able to rebuild from hut to shack to 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1 garage monstrosity before the second generation was a teenager. Making money in this game -- as in TS2 -- is ridiculously easy.

That being said, you don't even need a hack or a mod. Just motherlode your way to a beautiful new house, then use familyfunds to fake a mortgage payment every time they can afford it. Or download the bigger-bills mod from MTS.

asciident / realrobotica
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 03, 03:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are supernatural entities in the game; they're called ghosts.

True, but the ghosts in TS3 are essentially just transparent sims. Heck, they can even have babies that age. If Stephanie Meyer wrote a book about ghosts, these are the ones you would get.

I sing along with elevator music.
Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

In Soviet Russia, cupcake laughs at YOU!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 03, 03:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are supernatural entities in the game; they're called ghosts.

If Stephanie Meyer wrote a book about ghosts, these are the ones you would get.

Hee hee, yet no sparkles. I are sad  Sad

Maybe in future Awesomemod.. if Christmas comes early this year.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 03, 03:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You forgot the 'Your mom' feature.  Angry

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 July 03, 03:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love this expansion pack.

I really miss my vampires... Only thing I'd change about them is they'd be unable to eat food and would be forced to bite a sim's neck for nourishment.  The bitten sim would lose as much hunger as the biting sim would gain.... If the bitten sim dies... then he becomes a vampire as well.

I also want my brain eating zombies back.  Although with everyone always being out and about I imagine the zombie population would explode... unlike in the sims 2 where they only showed up every once in a while when your sim was out. If we had brain eating zombies cops should have the option to fight them... if they win then the zombie would be killed.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 July 03, 05:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't really use supernaturals much, but it was nice having them as an option. I did have the occasional neighborhood that included aliens and I miss my little greenies. Really, what's more believable: ghosts that act like normal people and can reproduce and die again, or probe-happy aliens?

Seasons and aliens. Those are my two biggest repeat wants. After that, it'd be OFB functions, then pets.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2009 July 03, 06:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I really miss is the alien spawn. Mind you, I had replacement pollination techs and a hack that allowed both genders to achieve pregnancy from abduction, but I miss them all the same. My previous game was prosperity type, and I had many a family with a few green skinned sims running around, sigh.

Gosh.
Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

In Soviet Russia, cupcake laughs at YOU!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2009 July 03, 07:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here with the aliens. I never really fooled around with the other supernaturals, mostly because I felt the perks outweighed the new negatives of their form. That, and I'm a lazy ass mofo and always felt the getting them part was too boring/hard without cheats. But aliens? All my favorite male Sims had at least one alien progeny. And my gay male couples were practically a breeding ground for them.

What would be awesome is if aliens would come back in the next expansion, but actually have something else, y'know, cool about them... Instead of just being green (or whatever color) skins, they would learn skills faster, or they would have an option to hitch a ride on the mothership or something and get all their motives fulfilled overnight.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 July 03, 08:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

zazasu's right.  OFB functions.

OFB NEVER MADE ANY SENSE.  You go to work and no time passes at home or anywhere else in the universe?  You leave at 8am for your business, work yourself to collapse, leave at midnight, and it's still 8:05 when you get home?  And the breakfast is still warm, and the kids are still getting on the school bus?

Now that there is universal time, OFB would make perfect sense. 

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2009 July 03, 12:48:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFB would make perfect sense. 

It would take more than that to make perfect sense.  There are not enough consumable items or wear-and-tear on fixtures to warrant actual businesses in the game.  You are really just making the sims waste money on inventory clutter, which you have to manually delete in the end.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 July 03, 13:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's be realistic: OFB out of the box was crap. The employees were utterly retarded to the point of unusability, and the amount of senseless micromanagement was staggering. There was absolutely no facility for aiming lots for any purpose or clientele. What was REALLY worthwhile in it was the potential to own and control other lots...which was only available through AwesomeWare. That's what you really want.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 July 03, 14:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I want from OFB is lockable doors. If only I could have them, my life would be complete.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
asciident
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 July 03, 15:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's be realistic: OFB out of the box was crap. The employees were utterly retarded to the point of unusability, and the amount of senseless micromanagement was staggering. There was absolutely no facility for aiming lots for any purpose or clientele. What was REALLY worthwhile in it was the potential to own and control other lots...which was only available through AwesomeWare. That's what you really want.

I did actually like running a shop, i.e. selling things as well as owning and controlling other lots -- which admittedly was unbearable without AwesomeWare. Combining that without the crazy time-warp would actually make me really happy with TS3.

asciident / realrobotica
Sasha Phoenix
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 July 03, 16:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like your ideas.  And who cares if the base game in only teen, they can make expansion packs rated mature - of course it will piss off all the teen customers.  too bad.
Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 July 03, 16:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, except the franchise is marketed to teens. EA aren't interested in making something their main customers' parents won't buy for them.

INEPT INTP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 July 03, 16:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 July 03, 17:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm First expansion due Nov 2009: The Sims 3: Destination Adventure. Source
Well, I'm not really excited about it...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 July 03, 17:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fucking Holiday/Vacation/BV again? It loses it's appeal after two vacations. It'd better have some other points to it.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 July 03, 17:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pfft. We don't need no vacations. More undead! Make the mausoleum actually explorable! Bring in the swords, bikini armors and liches!

asciident
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 July 03, 17:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe if it adds weather. :/ I really miss weather.

asciident / realrobotica
Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 July 03, 19:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think some kind of Superstar expansion might be fun with the open neighborhood. It was kind of dumb before because you could only build stuff in the mini games blah blah, but now (in someone else's hands, not EA) it could be really fun!

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
TrapperJohn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 July 03, 20:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vacation? *Le Sigh!* I was really hoping that the first Ep would be something that replaced the rabbit holes with real buildings, something like a NL remake. We need the restaurants, night clubs and bowling alleys back. Being able to hit the town  is much less fun when you can't really do anything except fish or sit on a bench and read. We need vampires prowling around, giving an extra thrill to the outing ("Will I make it back without being bitten?"), Mrs Crumplebottom with her purse of Doom and hopefully some new character or creature to encounter. Bring back that "night on the town" feeling!
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 July 03, 21:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's actually a clever move; they spit out the less liked expansion first, so we both have an expansion and drool MOAR on the others to come.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
fiddlesticks
Asinine Airhead

Rejecting Reality Since 1981

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 July 03, 22:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so according to http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13970.msg412370.html#msg412370, there's vampires in the game. And now I read this, and no vampires. So which is it? Or are they just probably coming or something?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: