More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 06:30:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Does the Vegetarian Trait affect anything besides food choices?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does the Vegetarian Trait affect anything besides food choices?  (Read 77657 times)
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Does the Vegetarian Trait affect anything besides food choices?
« on: 2009 July 01, 15:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's kind of moot, because I have Awesomemod and can add traits to my veggie sims, but it seems to me that veg/nonveg should be something like a checkbox, rather than taking up a Trait slot. That is, if it doesn't affect other behavior. I should think a Vegetarian sim might be a better cook or exercise more (though that is not always the case in RL). I am glad they added it, as I had to get a hack for it in TS2.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Re: Does the Vegetarian Trait affect anything besides food choices?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 01, 15:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have any evidence of this (no vegetarian sims here), but the ingame text implies that vegetarian have longer lifespans, but will vomit if they eat real meat.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 01, 15:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, dying from anemia and malnourishment isn't in the game. Sims have either eaten or not eaten, and it doesn't appear to matter whether they ate actual food, or a cardboard box. And yes, vegetarians get "sickened by meat" if they eat meat. As for longer lifespans...meh. I don't really buy that argument. You don't see terribly many vegetarians living to be over 100. Those ranks are occupied by the carnivores. Plus, no support groups.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 01, 15:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I find hilarious about the vegetarian trait is that in Sims 3, meat grows on plants like a fruit or vegetable, so there's no reason to be a vegetarian.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 01, 15:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whose brilliant idea was that? It's rather shmeat-like. Too bad they didn't add a slaughterhouse instead  Cheesy
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 01, 16:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone gave me the stupid console version of Sims 2, so I tried it out. It had a section in the fridge for 'Harvested Meats'. My first thought was 'cool, a slaughterhouse!', but it turned out the harvested meat category was for the fish you pulled out of your aquarium. Now in Sims 3, harvested meats come from bushes.  Roll Eyes
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 01, 16:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If only we could dismember other sims and plant their organs!
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 01, 16:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Penis trees? Awesome or DNW? I really don't know.

Grumblesnort
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 01, 16:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One may be indecisive on that particular part, but you can bet there would be an immeasurable amount of interest in bushes full of boobies. The pervs.
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 01, 16:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Imagine the opportunity that would be associated to get the seed.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 01, 17:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I find hilarious about the vegetarian trait is that in Sims 3, meat grows on plants like a fruit or vegetable, so there's no reason to be a vegetarian.
Well, some vegetarians aren't vegetarians because they want to save animals. Like myself. I just hate the taste of meat and the texture of the fat globules and strings. I still like the flavor. I can't process the real stuff well, anymore, as I found out when I tried some pepperoni on a lark.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 01, 17:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, my mind did not immediately go to penis and boob trees! I was thinking of growing sim livers and kidneys, and selling them to the hospital. I guess some people could definitely use a Perfect Quality Penis.
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 01, 17:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Imagine the opportunity that would be associated to get the seed.
Now I've made my mind. Penis trees = awesome.

misscatfish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 01, 18:10:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, some vegetarians aren't vegetarians because they want to save animals. Like myself. I just hate the taste of meat and the texture of the fat globules and strings. I still like the flavor. I can't process the real stuff well, anymore, as I found out when I tried some pepperoni on a lark.

I, too, find it difficult to digest larks.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 01, 18:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's true. My vegetarianism is also not based on wanting to save animals from slaughter, but more of a boycott of the practices of meat farms. So I'm also an exception to the generalization I just made.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 01, 18:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding Sim vegetarians, mine just hit 90, so I'll let y'all know if she seems to live longer than my non-veggies (eldest was 126 at death).  One thing that it does add is the ability of Sims to have a mean interaction deriding them for their vegetarianism.  This one's ex-husband used to autonomously bring it up when he had the wish to break up with her.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 01, 19:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Can vegetarians harass non-vegetarians for their meat eating ways?
I used to have a friend (my college roommate) who called herself a vegetarian, but actually ate fish & poultry. We were at a BBQ where she would hassle the beef burger eaters while she was herself eating turkey burgers.  Roll Eyes 
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 01, 19:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, dying from anemia and malnourishment isn't in the game. Sims have either eaten or not eaten, and it doesn't appear to matter whether they ate actual food, or a cardboard box. And yes, vegetarians get "sickened by meat" if they eat meat. As for longer lifespans...meh. I don't really buy that argument. You don't see terribly many vegetarians living to be over 100. Those ranks are occupied by the carnivores. Plus, no support groups.
**awesome picture**

Thank you, you just found my new desktop background.  Win!

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Grumblesnort
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 01, 19:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strangely, I'm a lot like this. Most of the things I don't like are because of texture, leaving taste a moot point. What amused me was that you used the term "fat globules", which is the exact reason I give when people ask why I decline things like sausage. Chicken wings, legs, and thighs are nasty because of the veins and slime. Though I'm not a vegetarian because I also dislike most vegetables. They're usually cooked and that means mushy to some degree or another. Fruit is another food group rife with texture troubles. What's up with peaches? It's like chewing a felt ball or biting into a baby head.

Hmm...it's a wonder I haven't starved to death by now.
SolaceDevotio
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 01, 19:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmmmmm   Veins and globules.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 01, 20:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, actually, they can. They can also complain about meat at a buffet.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 01, 20:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, phyllis. I'm glad vegetarians don't just have to take teasing from others, they can harass people right back. There is a vegetarian in my extended Sim family (the younger sister of the Sim I'm currently playing). I'll have to play with her a little and see how many people she can piss off at a BBQ.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 01, 22:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fruit is another food group rife with texture troubles. What's up with peaches? It's like chewing a felt ball or biting into a baby head.

Hmm...it's a wonder I haven't starved to death by now.
Peaches and nectarines are evil. Fruit should not be hairy. I can forgive kiwis because you are supposed to peel them. I'll eat almost all other fruit, but tend to avoid squashes (exceptions: pumpkin, spaghetti squash), peppers, and greens should never be cooked. My latest discovery is that small farafel balls make great meatball replacements in spaghetti.

Yes, actually, they can. They can also complain about meat at a buffet.
In the game? Silly tree-huggers. The only vegetarian I had is now out of the house. My sims tend to subsist on spaghetti, goopy carbonara, cereal, and autumn salads, so there were never any problems.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 01, 22:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You peel kiwis? I just eat the whole thing skin and all. It's really no different than the skin of an apple.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 01, 23:05:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you peel a kiwi, you get rid of all of the fiber of the thing.  That's why nutritionists say to not peel it.  Personally, the texture of the skin bugs the hell out of me, so I do anyways.

Why the hating on nectarines?  I'm addicted to them right now.  So delicious.  The only sucky part is getting them off the pit.  But I guess, thinking about it, it is a very fleshy fruit.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: