More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:47:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Caching thumbnails for the CAS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Caching thumbnails for the CAS  (Read 3797 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Caching thumbnails for the CAS
« on: 2009 July 11, 03:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to force the game to do it? Supposedly it does except it never really does for me and it seems to have to redraw the damned things every single time and it takes a long time, particularly if you disable the clothing catergory filter and everything shows up for every category.

Patterns also take an ass long time to load. Well some do. The ones I have more of like geometric takes forever.  Sad

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
Re: Caching thumbnails for the CAS
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 11, 06:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also like to know.  Imagine once CC really takes off.  Well, I suppose I'll get used to it, like the two hour long loading time for Sims 1 and the one hour long loading time for Sims 2.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 11, 08:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it doesn't, precisely for that reason. It only deletes the scriptcache, which is relatively small.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 11, 13:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I misinterpreted that then. No clue what might be causing the thumbnails to drop then... they should load pretty instantly after the first time.

It doesn't for me. It never has even before I added any mods so it's clearly an EAxian issue. I remember having this problem with the last game too, or maybe it was just in the The Body Shop, but at any rate now we have these patterns so it makes things even more complicated. Sad

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 11, 16:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh I agree, I wonder if there's a way to make a program that will cache it...

Because patterns take forever to load  Roll Eyes

And CAS takes a little to long with loading hairs. I noticed that clicking on all of them and then clicking the one you want makes it go faster...So there must be a temp cache file stored somewhere?
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 11, 17:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh I agree, I wonder if there's a way to make a program that will cache it...

Because patterns take forever to load  Roll Eyes

And CAS takes a little to long with loading hairs. I noticed that clicking on all of them and then clicking the one you want makes it go faster...So there must be a temp cache file stored somewhere?

Premade sims take even longer.  I wonder if it's the retarded expressions that make it impossible to see what a sim really looks like.  If it is, I'm angry.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: