More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 12:22:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Moodlets + Six Bars vs. Eight Bars
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Moodlets + Six Bars vs. Eight Bars  (Read 20338 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Moodlets + Six Bars vs. Eight Bars
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 09, 13:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are waking up at 6am, heading down to the library to do some skilling before work under SupCom, then when they get to the library they turn around and go home so that they can go back to bed for one more hour.
If they're waking up prematurely, something weird is causing them to wake up without authorization that is throwing a wrench into the works. I have not isolated what causes this rare condition, and haven't successfully reproduced it reliably.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 09, 16:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason they wake up at 6am is because I'm sending them to bed so that they will wake up at 6am.  I like my sims to get up 3 hours before work starts, that gives them time to use the bathroom or to do some skilling if they don't need the bathroom.  The reason I like skilling in the morning is that instead of the sims rushing out to the carpool as soon as it arrives (on the hour) the sim can skill until 30-40 minutes past the hour and still make the carpool.

SupCom seems to think that 2 hours before work starts is a better time to wake up, and will send sims back to bed if they get up 3 hours before work starts - but first it sends them off to the library or gym (depending on which skill was queued), then when they get there it decides to send them back home to bed.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 09, 16:49:41 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Shazaam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 09, 19:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you think of the moodlet hybrid system in TS3, compared to the old need bars from previous games?

After a week of playing with TS3's moodlets + bars, I have to say I hate it. The moodlets are extremely overpowered, IMO. Joe Sim here can be smelly and socially neglected, but still be happy as a clam because he ate a tasty breakfast! There also seems to be a huge amount of good moodlets vs. bad moodlets ( or perhaps I'm not seeing them ), which throws off the balance even more. Perhaps my biggest rant is the absolutely retarded art style in the moodlet thumbnails. Any moodlets involving the emoticon-esque face are cheesy ( the "It's Dark" moodlet takes the cake ), and there's a few more that make me shudder.

I'm not saying that moodlets themselves are horrible, I would just like to see a facelift of points-weighting and perhaps some replacement thumbnails.

I think I'm really understand what your meaning. My sims just like yours, always in very happy and elated mood. Guys, did you notice this too? I think it's abnormal too. The normal should be in fair mood. Very Happy and Elated mood only for special event or special condition, not almost every time. Our sims is just a normal human, not a Buddha.

I do something with the moodlet value. I notice there's 3 moodlets that have a huge influence with our sims mood. The well rested, decorated (nicely/beautifully decorated) and entertained/having a blast. This always make my sims mood high, since three of them has a high value and long timer. I reduce the value into half of the original. Like having a blast moodlet, I lowering to 20. Entertained to 10. well rested to 10. Decorated to 5, nicely deco to 10 and beauty deco to 20. I also increase the value of achievement moodlet, like fulfilled to 40. I think fulfilled moodlet will makes sims very happy and elated like in the real life, so I increase it to 40. Watching a movie, concert, etc, I also increased to 40. Married, first kiss, first romance, etc, more than 40, maybe 50 to 70.

I also double the strength of bad moodlet. Like very hunger to -30, must have a pee to -40, rude awakening to -40, etc. This make the bad moodlet has a strong influence and makes the mood hit yellow, orange even red. Like if you really must have a pee in the real world, your mind is so distracted, you can't think another, so urgent, your mood is bad too, that's why I make really must have a pee to -40. I do the same with rude awakening, like in the real world, when you in deep sleep and suddenly being awaken by something, you must be very angry, right? -40 will make the mood into yellow to red.

I do a lot of changes, and I don't remember all of them. There's too many, almost all may be. I'm very satisfy with the result, although psychological, it's makes the game a bit harder, may be in my head only, since I saw a lot of yellow mood in my sims picture. But most of the time my sims has a fair mood, they are so happy when fulfilled/achieved something, just happy in good condition and uncomfortable for urgent matter. I'm still in research to achieve the best value of moodlet, so I haven't publish it to any sites. The setting sometime is not right, I need to fix that. Or I accidentally write a wrong value that I haven't notice or fix it.

You can download and put the moodlet.package to the usual place. And see the different. May be you should delete the scriptchange.package too. It's still not perfect but I hope you like it. You can anything with it, like change the value and fix the mess I left.

I also do change to the bed setting, that I don't included in the zip file, since it still in testing. and It look like it didn't work, I should play a lot to see if it work to all bed I applied. I make all bed to have a bed sleep change of possibility. I think sims sometime can has a nightmare, sleep in wrong position, etc. That the meaning of bad sleep I think, that's why I applied to all bed.

* Moodlet.zip (8.31 KB - downloaded 182 times.)
Frick
Asinine Airhead

Eh, Steve!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 09, 20:40:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the calculation for energy is special. What it's doing is that it is determining the sims's "Wake Up Time", then sending them to sleep at the point where Expected Recharge Time intersects "Time To WakeUp", which should result in the Fully Rested moodlet at full power right before work. The machine is smarter than you are.
Interesting. How does the algorithm work for an unemployed sim?
CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 09, 21:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The setting sometime is not right, I need to fix that. Or I accidentally write a wrong value that I haven't notice or fix it.

Everything else in your description sounds logical, and it might be something I'd want to try after a while when I too am completely bored with perma-happy Sims. But this statement would definitely make me unlikely to try your mod in my game--it's vague and sounds like a potential for gameplay borkage. What is it that you say is not set right and still needs to be fixed? If you're talking about the levels at which you set one or more buffs/debuffs, that would hardly be catastrophic. However, if the "wrong value" is something else in the file, how wrong is it? What makes you say that, what is it that you see happening in your modded gameplay?
Shazaam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 July 10, 06:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The setting sometime is not right, I need to fix that. Or I accidentally write a wrong value that I haven't notice or fix it.

Everything else in your description sounds logical, and it might be something I'd want to try after a while when I too am completely bored with perma-happy Sims. But this statement would definitely make me unlikely to try your mod in my game--it's vague and sounds like a potential for gameplay borkage. What is it that you say is not set right and still needs to be fixed? If you're talking about the levels at which you set one or more buffs/debuffs, that would hardly be catastrophic. However, if the "wrong value" is something else in the file, how wrong is it? What makes you say that, what is it that you see happening in your modded gameplay?

You don't need to worry. It work great and I satisfy with it. You can delete or modify the value by yourself if you find there's something not right or suitable. It's still in alpha or beta stage anyway. That's why I haven't publish it to any sites. Smiley

Since I just make it in this couple of days, I still haven't figure it out the right balance or standard of value. That's the hardest part, I need to play for a long time to find the right balance and make a standard for it. So far I use my own calculation in my head to find the right value, but I satisfy with the result so far. Just a little minor thing that may be I write the wrong value that it should be and make the game a little unbalance for some moodlet. I'm still in research. You can change that manually if you found it. May be you can give a suggestion, we can share the value, test it together to find the perfect and realistic value.

So far I divine the moodlet into several groups:

Good moodlet:
Minor Condition: like environment, decorated, squeaky clean, mint teeth, etc.
Have Fun: entertained, having a blast, evilness delighted
Big Have Fun: Party, watch a concert, watch a movie, etc.
Social/mental condition: flattered, inspired, etc
Achievement: fulfilled, honor student, etc.
Big Achievement: marry, first romance, first kiss, etc.

Bad moodlet:
Minor Condition: bad/dirty environment, sleepy, need to pee, grungy, etc.
Major Condition: tired (very sleepy), must have a pee, smelly, etc.
Social/mental condition: offended, embarrassed, upset, etc.
Disaster: lost a friend, etc.
Big Disaster: Fired, divorced, mourned, etc.

I just haven't find a standard of value and connection between all of them.

What I do so far is find the problem why my sims always feel very happy and elated, which major moodlet influence it. And I found 3 kind moodlet:
Decoration: Decorated, Nicely Decorated and Beautifully Decorated (value 40)
Entertained: Entertained, Having a Blast (value 40)
Sleep: Well Rested (value 40)

Each of three of them has 40 value, total you always get 120 positive mood. The timer is also importance too, since three of them has a long timer. That makes my sims always very happy almost entire day and almost everyday too. I cut all of them into half of the original value. Well rested to 10.

Like Mira Krisma said too, the bad moodlet don't have a great impact. I notice this too. There's 2 stage of bad moodlet of sleepy: Sleepy and Tired. I notice that Sleepy has no negative moodlet, so I increase it to -10. Tired to -30 or -40 (I forget). Just like want to pee, hungry and low hygiene too. -40 will make a yellow mood, 2x~3x -40 will make a orange~red mood.

I also modify another bad moodlet like upset to -40, caught after curfew to -40, etc. The rest I forget, since I directly edit the xml file and I don't know which one I change at that tme, how many the value I type, etc. But so far I satisfy with the result, there's no major issue. Just need to find the right balance between all, make a standard and applied to all.  Grin

Just download and try it. It's very worthy and won't destroy the entire gameplay, just a little modification like another mod too. I hope you like it.  Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 July 10, 07:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From monitoring the habits of the unemployed, their schedules are completely whacked out and acyclic, much like real life.

I think I'm really understand what your meaning. My sims just like yours, always in very happy and elated mood. Guys, did you notice this too? I think it's abnormal too. The normal should be in fair mood. Very Happy and Elated mood only for special event or special condition, not almost every time. Our sims is just a normal human, not a Buddha.
I think this is really more a question of labelling than it is of the actual numbers. Unless your sims are well into the upper bubble, mood-wise, they're still being penalized for it at work, so tey're not THAT happy. The game just makes them seem that way to make the sheeple feel better about how they're doing. Based on the actual in-game effects, "Very happy" really correlates more with "mildly irritated", and all you really need to do is to change the labels and everything is fine.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Orange Indigo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 July 10, 15:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game just makes them seem that way to make the sheeple feel better about how they're doing
That what I thought.
It seems like the Moodlet system was create to make inefficient players feel better about their playing ability. My Sims are constantly "very happy", when it's clear to me that they have some motives that are dropping, and they haven't had any wishes fulfilled recently. The mood indicator at work is often not the grinning bright green emoticon at this level, as you said.
I guess there must have been a barrage of complaints that The Sims 2 was too hard, or something. Now it seems extraordinarily simple to keep your Sims content enough to work on skills/friends/collections/whatever nearly nonstop for their entire lives.
Thank God there's an option for shorter lifespans.
Frick
Asinine Airhead

Eh, Steve!!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 July 10, 23:17:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From monitoring the habits of the unemployed, their schedules are completely whacked out and acyclic, much like real life.
That does make sense. I was annoyed that my unemployed sim wanted to get a good day's sleep before starting on her painting and I thought it would be more productive to go ahead and paint until she got tired, but I guess it all evens out in the end. The machine is smarter than I am.
stephyd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 July 11, 00:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the moodlets are a great idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they evolve. Having a great time in a beautiful setting with your love? Damn right that's going to more than offset that fact that you're a little hungry.

Right now the bar that's pissing me off is hygiene. Yes, daily bathing is good and good for you. But say my sim has a bath before bed. Then she gets up to sit at her desk job all day, comes home to eat a salad, and sits around reading for a while. Her hygiene should not be ready to tank like she's been filth farming the English countryside ("Ooh, Dennis, there's some lovely filth over here!"). Yes, it's been 24 hours since she took her bath. Certainly another one wouldn't be a bad idea. But a calm, easy, sedentary day should not lead to "ZOMG, I need a bath NAO!"

Can you explain what "filth farming the English countryside " means?  Do you mean manure?   There's no such thing as "filth farming" in England, but we do fertilise our crops.. Also, a day out in the country , in England, usually leaves you smelling of fresh air, not manure. I read also, with great interest, and much amusement, the long discussion on English grammar (re -Grammar police discussion). I am totally mystified by the 'cat of love'.
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 July 11, 00:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a Monty Python reference. You're probably too cultured to get it.  Wink

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 July 11, 00:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now it seems extraordinarily simple to keep your Sims content enough to work on skills/friends/collections/whatever nearly nonstop for their entire lives.
Thank God there's an option for shorter lifespans.
Yeah, but appearances are very deceiving. You will note that while they SEEM content, if you actually evaluate their real performance given their allegedly "very happy" status, they are, in fact, a good deal less than content. As always, it is the numbers, not mere words, that describe the true state of things. It is simple enough to change the words so that they match the numbers, rather than giving false-positive assessments.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 July 11, 10:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is really more a question of labelling than it is of the actual numbers. Unless your sims are well into the upper bubble, mood-wise, they're still being penalized for it at work, so tey're not THAT happy. The game just makes them seem that way to make the sheeple feel better about how they're doing. Based on the actual in-game effects, "Very happy" really correlates more with "mildly irritated", and all you really need to do is to change the labels and everything is fine.

Oh that completely explains why the silly trollop is crying all the time.  Nice to see I haven't lost my touch but you think EAxis could at least label it properly.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Nikki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 July 17, 12:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My wish is that negative moodlets did a lot more. My sim had her husband die one day and she got the -50 broken-hearted moodlet. The next day her sister dies and she got the witnessing death -50 one. Besides the +30 she has for beautiful vista, she's an elder and I think it'd be better if she died from a heart attack or stress or something at this point. So her mood is depressed, so what? She cries sometimes but it doesn't interfere with anything she has to do.

I think as an elder maybe these depressed states should affect happiness or have some added affect. I have sims whose moods are very low from witnessing a death but their fun meter is full? It makes no sense.

I'm not even going to mention how sims have a blast from attending a party where someone dies.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 July 17, 12:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd totally have a blast at a party where someone dies! Especially if it's Ness, or Emma, or one of the other people I really hate.

minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 July 17, 16:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think as an elder maybe these depressed states should affect happiness or have some added affect. I have sims whose moods are very low from witnessing a death but their fun meter is full? It makes no sense.

But in real life fun and happiness are two totally different things.  It's totally possible to be depressed over something happening, but go out with friends and have a great time.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 July 18, 00:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You people and your silly "complex emotions" are nuts. Why can't you be more like me? I have only a simple continuum of rage and irritation. I am even less complex than a sim. Emotionality, who really needs it?

smokeverbs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 July 18, 03:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SupCom seems to think that 2 hours before work starts is a better time to wake up, and will send sims back to bed if they get up 3 hours before work starts - but first it sends them off to the library or gym (depending on which skill was queued), then when they get there it decides to send them back home to bed.

There, Pes. Now someone with way more posts than me has alerted you that SC is way overzealous about sleeping.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: