More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 08:15:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Launcher being an assclown
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Launcher being an assclown  (Read 3871 times)
delonariel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Launcher being an assclown
« on: 2009 June 30, 18:46:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used the launcher to install the sims 3 store files without any trouble (one at a time), but when I try to do anything more laborious such as uninstall something or add Riverview, it goes into cardiac arrest. It freezes up at the 'installing' screen for up to four hours until I terminate the process. I've tried this in every way I can conceive short of standing on my head; using s3rc, disconnected from the internet, firewall blocking the launcher, 3viewer etc. I do play a pirated version if that has anything to do with it.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Launcher being an assclown
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 30, 20:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave in an bought a retail version.* If anything, it's buggier than the RELOADED/RAZOR combo.  Roll Eyes Or the other image I downloaded.

I had the same problem with Riverview, unfortunately the borked install corrupted something and I ended up having to uninstall and re-install the game to get it to work. In the launcher it showed as neither installed nor uninstalled.

*Before anyone P&L, I always said I'd purchase the game again if they removed SeruROM.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 30, 20:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I gave in an bought a retail version.*

. . .

*Before anyone P&L, I always said I'd purchase the game again if they removed SeruROM.

I wouldn't P&L about that reason, but the fact that the game was shipped so depressingly unpolished, the sole reason for the delay to build up hype for the next installment in one of the most popular video games in the world, general quality drop when juxtaposed against TS2, etc...

I can't really speak on the comparisons of the launcher, I never ever touched it with my eyepatch'd tryout and my feelings on my using the launcher to install store items can be summed up "shit sux".  I don't know if my downloads were borked or if it was just launcher failboating, but some items just utterly failed to install.

I had to uninstall and reinstall the game to get the patch to work in my retail/RLD edition, and this did seem to fix my launcher issues (files that weren't installing would actually install).  It could just be voodoo, though.
delonariel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 30, 20:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh. I decided not to pay for the game before some of this crap is actually fixed, but I'll stop holding my breath.

I don't have the patch installed because I heard it only makes things worse for some people and it didn't actually address any of the problems I've had. I'll try reinstalling the game and see if that helps. Do I *have* to patch the game in order for the launcher to work?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 01, 02:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used the launcher to install items from the Pudding Factory - most without issues, although some seem to be borked and don't show up.  Had no idea whether Riverview was installed until I started a new game and found it was.

I've not patched and have no intention of doing so.  EAxis breaks things.  In Pescado we trust (for the most part).
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 01, 06:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except that Awesomemod is now tuned to and expecting the patch. Pescado is forward facing, you know.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: