More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 06:54:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Strange graphical glitch when i zoom in to the stadium
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Strange graphical glitch when i zoom in to the stadium  (Read 7068 times)
misterK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Strange graphical glitch when i zoom in to the stadium
« on: 2009 June 30, 15:06:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has happened with a couple of other venues, I think, but it's most prominent with the sports stadium. Whenever the sports stadium is on camera, these strange triangles appear, coming out of the corner of the screen, flickering and changing shape and color. If I go to map view, they go away. I haven't been able to get a shot of them, because they freak me out (because i'm a total retard :d), but i will if I can. Any ideas?

Formerly known as kotchomet, the name that no one can pronounce!
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Strange graphical glitch when i zoom in to the stadium
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 30, 15:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if that doesn't work?

I'm having the same problem.  I've updated my drivers but it's still happening.
misterK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 01, 14:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

basically the glitch looks like that, except there's more of it, and it's all over the screen, not just in the corners (i was wrong ^^). My graphics card is an Intel GMA 3100... i think. i found that under Chip Type in dxdiag; is that right?

i'm updating my drivers now; i'll see if that fixes anything.

CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 01, 16:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed about being happy it runs at all. It's what I've got in my Macbook, on which I've chosen to run TS3 only under a Boot Camp startup in XP. I too had some strange artifacts, but mine were green vectors trailing from selected items in build or buy modes, nothing in live mode. Instead, live mode (and CAS) featured the (discussed elsewhere on the forum) torso-leg-neck-ankle dislocation and fat looks thin looks muscular syndrome. Luckily, there was a newer driver available from the Intel site, and it has fixed all these issues. What it can't do is give my underpowered mobile graphics chip MOAR POWR.
Nikki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 01, 18:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My laptop is running the 965 chipset with the x3100 processor and I've never had that problem or any other graphical ones, and I haven't updated drivers either. It could be the problem but I haven't seen it.

What I am having is a problem with a disappearing roof. I could see it all the time but then all of a sudden it decided to not show anymore. Others are saying its a graphics card problem but I'm not convinced, so if you have that problem please let me know and then I'll know for sure.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 01, 20:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<Pic was here>
basically the glitch looks like that, except there's more of it, and it's all over the screen, not just in the corners (i was wrong ^^). My graphics card is an Intel GMA 3100... i think. i found that under Chip Type in dxdiag; is that right?
i'm updating my drivers now; i'll see if that fixes anything.
It's called artifacing.

Is everyone certain that they uninstalled the old drivers before installing new ones? Have you tried older drivers as opposed to new ones?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 01, 20:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have intel as well (82945G) and my graphics look exactly like the pic posted.  I also get the "green vectors" that trail the stuff in buy mode.  I have uninstalled the old drivers.  I thought installing the new driver would help, it does not.
Should I go back to an even older driver that what I had before I updated?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 01, 21:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have intel as well (82945G) and my graphics look exactly like the pic posted.  I also get the "green vectors" that trail the stuff in buy mode.  I have uninstalled the old drivers.  I thought installing the new driver would help, it does not.
Should I go back to an even older driver that what I had before I updated?
It certainly can not hurt and it is simple to fix if it turns out to be worse. I have known people who have had to go back by three or four driver updates before they found one that worked for their game.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
misterK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 07, 14:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the green vector things, too. I actually haven't updated my drivers, yet, so I don't know yet if that's the problem, but I will do that asap. I can't do anything about the graphics card, though... two hundred bucks for a new one is too much, unless i can get one for less.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 07, 17:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the green vector things, too. I actually haven't updated my drivers, yet, so I don't know yet if that's the problem, but I will do that asap. I can't do anything about the graphics card, though... two hundred bucks for a new one is too much, unless i can get one for less.
Two hundred? Good god, what were you going for? I got a pretty awesome one for less then one hundred on Newegg.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 07, 23:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sell your ass.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
misterK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 08, 00:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not very good with hardware, and determinating which ones are useful, and whatnot, so I probably overshot what I needed by a bit, lol.

misterK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 08, 14:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just updated my driver, and the stadium problem is solved. There's a new glitch, though: when i save (it might just be when i save and quit, or just when i quit), the screen fills up with this striped gradient-like thing (that's an articaft, right?). i have the newest driver for my card now, so is this because of my graphics card, or is it the game itself being borked?

CheritaChen
Corpulent Cretin

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 08, 15:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it sounds like artifacts. Either the new driver still doesn't suit the game, or maybe your graphics card just doesn't have enough RAM. If you can find any previous versions of the driver online, try what morriganrant mentioned and go back a version at a time with the drivers to see if any work better. Or, get someone to help you find a better graphics card.
gamb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 09, 13:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, I have a GMA 3100, and the game runs perfectly, even when I crank up the graphics to high.  Yay, lucky graphics card?
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 09, 15:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, the intel is a shared memory card right? Is there any way to crank up the shared memory. I don't know how to do it, but there must be a way. My shared memory card (Not intel, however) has a little over 800mbs from my memory, so maybe you could do something like that? That looked like something that was actually a issue with my old laptop, I had to keep on deleting this weird error log thing, but that was with sims 2. So I'd imagine it's a bit different now...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: