More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:35:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Grampa's losing it a little
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Grampa's losing it a little  (Read 12666 times)
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
Grampa's losing it a little
« on: 2009 June 30, 06:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As soon as my sim hit elder, he suddenly got a wish to see his daughter married.  The only problem- she's already married.  The guy has a good relationship with the parents, so I don't know where this is coming from.  But then it got weirder.  Grampa suddenly got a wish for his adult son to get on the honor roll.  I just deleted the wishes.  Is this something I should be worried about, or is it just a little programming hiccup?

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
Alzheimers
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 30, 06:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alzheimers

Must be a hidden trait.

More Awesome Sig
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Grampa's losing it a little
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 30, 12:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had two elders get wishes to see their already married daughters get married. What I found interesting was that both elders rolled these invalid wishes at the exact same time.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 30, 16:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The worst I'd had was Adele Windsor, who kept rolling the want to break up with her husband Raphael after she'd witnessed her daughter dumping her boyfriend. Adele was insane, though. She also decided to come on to Death when he took Raphael. Raphael, as it were, only ever rolled the wants to see his first two abandoned daughters get married. He never rolled the want for his other five daughters.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
bartleby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 30, 17:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As soon as my sim hit elder, he suddenly got a wish to see his daughter married.  The only problem- she's already married.  The guy has a good relationship with the parents, so I don't know where this is coming from.  But then it got weirder.  Grampa suddenly got a wish for his adult son to get on the honor roll.  I just deleted the wishes.  Is this something I should be worried about, or is it just a little programming hiccup?

Now that I think about it my elder sims keep wishing to have a baby… One of them actually wishes to have a baby and become a grandparent… and he hates children.
I love sim-senility.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 30, 17:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen with some elder sims, and I figured it was just a harmless glitch.  It's funny if they put in a hidden trait to make elder sims forgetful.  Useless, though, because there's no way I'm breaking up a marriage and getting sims married again just to get a few more lifetime achievement points for a sim who doesn't need any more.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 30, 17:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an insane Sim keep wanting to break up with his wife, but he wasn't an ellder.  I finally got mad and did it; worthless so-and-so didn't deserve such a fine wife.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
ForkInToaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 30, 17:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get little things in my game that make me wonder...

I have one sim that always gets a wish to learn how to make a particular food only immediately after they cook it for the first time. After his wife has her baby and is no longer pregnant, he rolls a wish to talk to her belly. Toddler aged up to be a kid and he suddenly wanted to potty train him. It's like he's living 15 seconds in the past.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 30, 17:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get that wish to prepare the dish you just prepared wish all the time. Stupid Sims.  Roll Eyes
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 30, 20:44:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get that wish to prepare the dish you just prepared wish all the time. Stupid Sims.  Roll Eyes

I get that IRL with tacos.
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 30, 20:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I think about it my elder sims keep wishing to have a baby… One of them actually wishes to have a baby and become a grandparent… and he hates children.
I love sim-senility.

Yep, I had an elder wish to have a baby, too.  She was 89.  She died the next day.

Not all those who wander are lost.
--J R R Tolkien
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 30, 21:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My elder Sim-self kept wanted to have babies (she had 6 as a YA/A).  When I examined the wish more closely, adoption counted.  I did not, however, let her adopt.  She might not have been tired, but I was.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 30, 21:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had two elders get wishes to see their already married daughters get married. What I found interesting was that both elders rolled these invalid wishes at the exact same time.

Yeah, that's what happened.  They both wanted to see Francesca get married, but only the guy wanted his son James to get on the honor roll.  Weirdest thing.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 30, 21:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get some of these nonsensical wishes, too. I chalk it up to laziness on EA's part. Stupid EA.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Pinstar
Blathering Buffoon

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 30, 23:50:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see a family sim wanting to have babies even into elder hood. Do you know if adoptions count to fulfilling that wish?

What kind of Legacy will YOU leave?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 01, 06:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My elder Sim-self kept wanted to have babies (she had 6 as a YA/A).  When I examined the wish more closely, adoption counted.  I did not, however, let her adopt.  She might not have been tired, but I was.

I can see a family sim wanting to have babies even into elder hood. Do you know if adoptions count to fulfilling that wish?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
littlehouse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 01, 06:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When sims have the 'insane' trait, clearly you can see when you hover over the trait it says 'don't expect your sims' wishes to make sense'. Something along those lines. I don't think it's a programming hiccup at all.
Elyanna
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 01, 09:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My non-insane elders have rolled up some of these nonsensical wishes, like getting their already-married children married. And they had an unmarried young adult son at the time, too. Why didn't they focus on him instead?

INFP
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 01, 12:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My elders who got the wishes to see their already married daughters get married are also not insane.
minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 01, 19:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My non-insane elders have rolled up some of these nonsensical wishes, like getting their already-married children married. And they had an unmarried young adult son at the time, too. Why didn't they focus on him instead?
It seems like sim parents pick favorites.  Whenever I've had twins, immediately each parent starts rolling a bunch of wants to do stuff with one twin.  Sometimes they pick the same twin, sometimes different, but they always focus on one.

When sims have the 'insane' trait, clearly you can see when you hover over the trait it says 'don't expect your sims' wishes to make sense'. Something along those lines. I don't think it's a programming hiccup at all.
Except that neither elder is insane.  I never said that, and I would have mentioned it.

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 02, 04:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

None of my sims have had the Insane trait (yet), but the elder sims do seem to get some bizarre wishes. It wouldn't surprise me if this "senility" was just EA's idea of humor.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Chocolate Milk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 03, 08:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen with adult Sims (close to being elders) regarding their already-married YA children. And yeah, always happens to both parents at the same time. And neither are insane. Pretty sure it's a glitch.
Billmonaghan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 04, 13:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played a household (Sekemoto's) with an Elder who hears music in her head all the time and gets a pretty decent positive moodlet from it all that time. It's the only house w/ an Elder I've played so far and it has me wondering if there isn't some kinda dimentia in the game (which, if true, would be pretty sweet).

"Ah yes, we were in the HimALLyas, had lost our corkscrew. Had to subsist for several days on nothing but water and food."
 --  W. C. Fields
asmadasrabbits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 04, 20:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it has anything to do with dementia, I had a young adult female who also constantly had the Good Music moodlet as well.
Saikatsu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 04, 20:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it has anything to do with dementia, I had a young adult female who also constantly had the Good Music moodlet as well.
I've had the same show up with a pair of adults, and it happened at the same time their stereos started bugging out. I'd attribute the perma-moodlet to a bug rather than an intended effect. One of them eventually stopped having it permanently, I haven't been able to figure out how.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: