More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:54:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Children can Garden *Updated Feb 14th WA and HELS*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Children can Garden *Updated Feb 14th WA and HELS*  (Read 11426 times)
Stormibrooke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Children can Garden *Updated Feb 14th WA and HELS*
« on: 2009 June 29, 10:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated Feb 2010- I remade this with WA and HELS, latest patch. It works with this configuration, I do not know if it works with any other. There is only one version now, no hygeine loss and a small fun gain. The mood tweaks affect all sims.

This Mod I did for myself, but I thought others might like it.

Updated: Fertilizing now works, as does omniplant. Updated motive version. Please redownload. You'll have to manually delete the old version, the file names have changed.

Updated again: Added seed collection and live plant disposal as suggested in my thread at MTS2.

What it does:

Children can plant, and plant many. They can water, fertilize, talk to, harvest and dispose of dead plants. They can also cash in money bags harvested from money trees, and feed and harvest OmniPlants. They will gain gardening skills while gardening, as adults do. In response to a comment below, I state this to clarify that children will get skills while performing gardeing tasks, just as adults do.
Other stuff:

The graphics are wonky. I can't change that. When children plant and weed, they become really tall during the action, then go back to normal after. When watering they don't stretch out, but they lack a watering can. I find the temporary graphical glitches worth it to be able to have children grow their own veggies.

The two versions are now:

ChildGarden.package - basic children can garden mod

ChildGardenPlusMotives.package - as above plus less hygiene decay and slightly more fun (ala JoshiJacks lowest fun gain setting). The Hygiene decay is pretty drastically changed (hardly any decay) and the fun gain is only mildy improved, which is how I want it in my game. So thats whatcha get!  Wink  Other modders are free to use my changes with other modders/their own changes if they would like something else in their game.

I've tested this pretty extensively, but please let me know if you find any problems not mentioned above.

As far as I know this does not conflict with AwesomeMod in any way, I've been using both together without problems. Should also be compatible with Black Spirits harvest mod since he alters a file I don't use for this mod. Enjoy!

* ChildrenCanGardenWAHELS.zip (2.4 KB - downloaded 704 times.)
« Last Edit: 2010 February 16, 13:46:09 by Stormibrooke » Logged

Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Children can Garden
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 29, 13:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh! They go all stretchy like Freaky Stringy Toddler Syndrome!??!

I've wanted children to garden for AAAGES but stretchy kids scare the shit out of me.

Stormibrooke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 29, 17:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I know, freaks me out too. I solve it by not watching them garden  Wink

Mandapotpie
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 30, 00:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The children can learn gardening in the game without this mod. They can't actually garden but they can learn the skill. You need an adult with gardening skill and it is either 7 or 8 logic. They will get the option to tutor people. They can tutor children in not only gardening but also things like guitar.

Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow. If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
Stormibrooke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 30, 07:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want them to actually garden, rather than just get the skill. Which is why I made this Smiley

SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 30, 10:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The children can learn gardening in the game without this mod. They can't actually garden but they can learn the skill. You need an adult with gardening skill and it is either 7 or 8 logic. They will get the option to tutor people. They can tutor children in not only gardening but also things like guitar.

Logic 10.
Stormibrooke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Children can Garden Updated July 5th
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 05, 12:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've updated the files. Please re-download!  Cool

Stormibrooke
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Children can Garden *Updated Feb 14th WA and HELS*
« Reply #7 on: 2010 February 16, 13:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have updated this to work with the latest patch, WA and HELS. I have tested, and am currently using this, in my game and it works fine. Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: