More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:03:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  No Autonomy Mods: Bar, Guitar and Cooking
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Autonomy Mods: Bar, Guitar and Cooking  (Read 24484 times)
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No Autonomy Mods: Bar, Guitar and Cooking
« on: 2009 June 28, 22:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Three (and a half) little mods.

1. No Autonomous Cooking, Snacking or Leftovers

There are two files in here. Unlike most mods, these CAN be mixed and matched. You DO NOT have to select one. I did them this way so that you can customize the behaviour you want:

A) To completely control what and when your Sims eat, use both.
B) To let them cook and snack at will but keep their mitts off of the leftovers (e.g. Ambrosia stored for chosen Sims), just use NoAutonomousLeftovers.
C) If you are sick of them making fresh meals when there's tons of perfectly good leftover food slowly going to waste, use NoAutonomousCookingOrQuickMeals.

If you block all food and have a bar, you'll want my NoAutonomousDrinks package, too, to prevent them from living on a steady diet of drinks. Probably compatible with cooking timing mods, though I haven't checked them all.

2. No Autonomous Drinks From The Bar

Sims will neither have individual drinks, nor will they make a tray of drinks, unless you tell them too.  Why? Because it's stupid to sate your hunger with "juice" when there's a plate of pasta two feet away from you on the counter.  Also, the no automomous cooking mods are a bit silly if they just drive Sims to drink, as it were.

3. No Autonomous Guitar

I hate that guitar's stupid guts. Now, Sims will only play when you tell them to. Does not interfere with autonomous performances, since I have never seen a Sim perform autonomously. If it's an issue, it could be added.

This is the first time I've packed up my own little tweaks and fed them to the world. If they aren't working as expected, please let me know and I'll try to find a fix.  I have tested them, but that sure as hell is no guarantee of anything.

Edit:  NOTE: Supreme Commander trumps no autonomy (I guess since under SC, they aren't autonomous, they're being told what to do just the same as if you told them), so Sims left under control of SC will not starve to death.

* NoAutonomousBarDrinks.zip (1.51 KB - downloaded 1306 times.)
* NoAutonomousCookingSnackingLeftovers.zip (2.51 KB - downloaded 1334 times.)
* NoAutonomousGuitarPlaying.zip (1.4 KB - downloaded 1051 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 June 29, 04:14:56 by infamy » Logged
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: No Autonomy Mods: Bar, Guitar and Cooking
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 28, 22:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this affect guests?

I have had guests at my party who were in my active household before I split to one of the childs who had a guitar in her inventory when invited to my house for a party she brought the guitar and was playing it (even though my sim I controlled also was trying to play)
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 28, 22:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this affect guests?

I have had guests at my party who were in my active household before I split to one of the childs who had a guitar in her inventory when invited to my house for a party she brought the guitar and was playing it (even though my sim I controlled also was trying to play)

It should - it's a change to the guitar object itself.  However, see my note about "Performing" - if someone is inclined to perform (rather than play) at a party, this mod won't affect that simply because I wasn't sure if Sims did that enough to be annoying. Or if they even did it at all.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 29, 09:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, the one thing irritating the hell out of me was the constant wanting to make drinks, as you say there is a serving of food waiting for them to ruin.
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 29, 12:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you this is great, I got fed up with all the premade puds interupting my own guitar playing as I need the tips....thanks again.

The only thing is I like the husband of my sim to auto do it (he needs the practice) and not mine as she is fully trained.  Individual settings?  Do not if it is possible in Sims 3 but in 2 we could buy tv's that were non autonomous along side the auto ones. Something like this for guitars would be good.  Sorry if I have gone overboard with my comments.

Mean while I have grabbed this as her constant getting it out of....somewhere ...and playing it when she needs a pee or something else was doing me 'ead in.

Kind regards
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 29, 13:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's makes more sense when sims play guitar only if they have certain traits for it: Virtuoso etc...
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 29, 15:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing is I like the husband of my sim to auto do it (he needs the practice) and not mine as she is fully trained.  Individual settings?  Do not if it is possible in Sims 3 but in 2 we could buy tv's that were non autonomous along side the auto ones.

Currently this is just a global change to the one guitar in the game. 

I'm sure once people start introducing custom objects to the game that someone will make a separate guitar that is non autonomous so that you can have both. Certainly the personal inventories make it possible to have different guitars for different Sims.  Though I do like having one sitting in a room on its stand as part of the decor, too.
wknplaya
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 29, 17:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much, I freaking HATE that damn guitar ._.

Team Waffle
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 01, 10:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Imfamy

Thank you for the reply, I understand about the seperate guitar now.

But a big big thanks again for the no auton guitar.  It has saved my sanity as I always play sims with the virtuoso trait, can't help it,  love the tunes just not 24/7.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 01, 10:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Next AwesomeMod should greatly reduce the guitar obsession by, for one thing, NOT GIVING SIMS FREE GUITARS.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 01, 11:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really hated that autonomous guitar playing sometimes. No more of that "let me sing you the song of my people!"-nonsense.

knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 03, 11:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm using your your NoAutonomousCookingOrQuickMeals & NoAutonomousBarDrinks  

an playfable sims & ghosts still get seem to be able to cook meals even tho they never make single helpings so my fridge getting tons of leftovers

do these mods effect the store fridges?  Huh
« Last Edit: 2009 July 10, 12:37:59 by knightguy » Logged

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: