More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:34:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  How to uninstall/reinstall awesome mod?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to uninstall/reinstall awesome mod?  (Read 95338 times)
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: How to...
« Reply #25 on: 2009 June 28, 23:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no...

I have been messing with my Documents files this whole time  Embarrassed
Thank you Marhis for pointing that out, how can I get to the my programs files? Sorry  Undecided

You better get on something a little more flame resistant honey.
rainycityyy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 June 28, 23:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its okay, I dont care if people are being condescending, I would just like to get this patch runnning  Undecided
rainycityyy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 June 29, 00:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone help me by telling me where the files are supposed to go, I have been changing the files in My Documents. That should be my only problem  Undecided
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 June 29, 00:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome Mod for Dummies:

Go back to where you downloaded the mod from.  Pescado tells you exactly where to stick the mod.  You NEED to do that installer monkey before you can place the Mod. (If you were more computer savvy I would say you can do the framework manually, but you aren't showing that.)

The installer monkey creates the additional folders and a resource file (which tells your game how to read mods) in the directory for you, so all you have to do is unzip the Awesome and plop it where Pescado tells you to.  And depending on if you have a Mac or XP or Vista, where your installed Sims 3 may differ a little...that is why Pescado went right for the important Folder...TS3(the Sims 3).  Go find that!

I think this is a lesson you need to figure on your own, since it is dangerous to go poking around your computer not knowing where exactly you need to be.

It's not hard...really it is very easy.
Soretta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 June 29, 00:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no...

I have been messing with My Documents files this whole time  Embarrassed
Thank you Marhis for pointing that out, how can I get to the my programs files? Sorry  Undecided

Program Files is on your 'C' drive.

If you've got the TS3 Installer Monkey you shouldn't need to go into the sims 3 files.  Once the Monkey is installed, you're meant to unzip/extract awesomemod to your desktop then right click on it and it should have an option to "install to sims 3" click on that (I beleive this information is in the thread that the download is attached to).

If, on the other hand, you're having problems with the Monkey itself, you should ask the person who made it over at Mod the Sims.
Soretta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: How to uninstall/reinstall awesome mod?
« Reply #30 on: 2009 June 29, 00:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just installed the mod to the following directory,

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

Once i booted up the game, it crashes on the loading screen, as soon as i take it off it is fine again...

Am i installing it in the right place?

Thanks

Yes thats the correct place to install.  The loading screen crash is something thats mentioned in the thread where the download is.
Soretta
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 June 29, 08:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This used to be two different threads, it just so happens that I was the last to reply to both of them.  If you look, the reply subjects are different for both comments.
FuzzySham
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 July 01, 01:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...] how can I get to the my programs files? Sorry  Undecided

Oh, for fuck's sake!
Kitran
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 July 07, 00:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<just facepalms>  Some people just don't know how to run Windows Explorer, apparently.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.  --  Douglas Adams
Jackie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 July 08, 15:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

she's still amazed that you can email someone in Zimbabwe.

My mom went home with X-ray results on a CD instead of the good old X-ray plates. She put the CD in her stereo and then complained because there wasn't any sound coming out.

Off topic: there are some very old CD players that actually WILL play a Data CD, which sounds really horrible Wink
terriefarrell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 July 20, 09:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the risk of getting flamed as much as the last guy, I'm also having major problems. I installed awesomemod a couple weeks ago, no problems, game working so I'm not a complete idiot (guess that will be denied in a bit). After getting the expiration message i've tried to do the same as last time although not redownloaded the monkey helper and i just cannot get it to work. Tried just deleting the awesomemod file and then replacing it by using drag and drop into the same place, game does the hang on loading thing, reloaded a few times and when it eventually loaded it still had the expiration message and kicked me back to Windows. Tried as suggested just booting up with no awesomemod and then putting it back on and it booted without awesomemod but when tried to put it on again, same problem.

So deleted everything (and this is where maybe i have more of a problem, knowing exactly WHAT to delete). Used the uninstall for the monkey helper, deleted the awesomemod.package file and the script file in 'my documents'. Reloaded monkey helper, redownloaded awesomemod and when i double click on awesomemod it tells me access is denied. For further info i am the admin on windows so shouldn't be anything to do with my access settings (or should it) and I didn't have his problem with the first install. I have read everything i can find on the forums but it really isn't helping me, i've just spent the last two hours trying to do this myself and would just appreciate a bit of advice or help rather than a 'you're a thick shit' comment.
knightablaze
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 July 20, 09:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So deleted everything (and this is where maybe i have more of a problem, knowing exactly WHAT to delete). Used the uninstall for the monkey helper, deleted the awesomemod.package file and the script file in 'my documents'. Reloaded monkey helper, redownloaded awesomemod and when i double click on awesomemod it tells me access is denied. For further info i am the admin on windows so shouldn't be anything to do with my access settings (or should it) and I didn't have his problem with the first install. I have read everything i can find on the forums but it really isn't helping me, i've just spent the last two hours trying to do this myself and would just appreciate a bit of advice or help rather than a 'you're a thick shit' comment.

Have you tried deleting all of the assorted cache files in the mydoc/EA/ts3 folder? Part of the crash syndrome checklist recommends: 2. Deleting all of the *cache.package files out of your Sims3 user directory.

It also mentions prayer rattles and pious chanting, or something like that. Personally, I offered my computer a snackrifice and everything turned out ok...
terriefarrell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 July 20, 10:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is where i had the difficulty in identifying which ones so i have now deleted all files with 'cache' in the title (although only files in ts3 directory rather than any other contained within other folders in there) along with the scriptcache which i already had deleted and I don't want to jinx myself but it has loaded and i've switched households a few times to check i'm not losing inventory and all seems good now. Strange how i'm now getting the loading problems with this version though which i never had before with the previous version but I will try the suggestions on the download page and see if that can be improved. Thanks for the non flamey response Wink
ForkInToaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 July 22, 15:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Terrie, have you tried installing the enablescripterror.package? That might help you out. Also, if you're getting crashes at the loading screen, you might try the threebooter.  The enablescripterror.package has been sufficient for me.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 July 22, 17:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh no...

I have been messing with my Documents files this whole time  Embarrassed

I'm surprised you still have a head, since Marhis is clearly OM, NOM, NOMMING it.

You know, the thing on your desk?  The thing with fans and buttons that has a keyboard attached, and hopefully a little TV-like thing that shows pretty pictures?  That's your computer.  If you press one of the shiny buttons, it might even turn on.  This is called "booting",  which is, incidentally, what you're going to get if you don't be less stupid.

When it finishes starting up, your TVthingy will have what we generally call a "desktop" showing.  This is Windows, and is an operating system.  Your computer also has a hard drive, where it can store things.  On this drive there are many little folder things.  If you can find a program called "Windows Explorer", it will even show you what they are with cute little pictures that look like folders.

Your hard drive has a letter, probably C.  Click on this.  It will show that there are a bunch of little "folders" on the drive, one of which will likely be "Program Files".

You will note that Windows Explorer has a Search button.  I specifically did not mention this earlier because it is apparent that you have no nascient search skills, and even less ability to acquire them now that Marhis has eaten your head.  If you could use it however, you would find that it would find your Program Files folder quite quickly.

I would now like you to contemplate Jesus Christ on a bicycle.  I know I am.  Roll Eyes

Tribulatio proxima est
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 July 22, 19:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK - I nearly choked to death on an ice cube.  Jolrei, may I have your permission to send a copy of that post to all my friends in Tech Help?  I'm sure it would make their weeks.
terriefarrell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 July 25, 17:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, so time for another reinstall as it's out of date again.....but guess what, did exactly what i did last time to get the bogging thing to work and can't again. Deleted all cache files, deleted awesomemod, downloaded awesomemod, put it back in folder.....still got the 'expired' message and kicked out. Tried without awesomemod, loads fine, tried again with awesomemod, same expired message. WTF am I doing wrong, i've done the same as last time?
terriefarrell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 July 25, 17:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Terrie, have you tried installing the enablescripterror.package? That might help you out. Also, if you're getting crashes at the loading screen, you might try the threebooter.  The enablescripterror.package has been sufficient for me.

I'm not too bothered about the crashing screen to be honest so i just live with it...have done a search on 'enablescripterror.package' but can't find anything on here.....where can I find it please. Cheers in advance.
JBoat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 July 25, 17:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Delete all copies of awesome mod on your computer.  Those you downloaded, those in the packages directory..  all of em.
2) Delete all copies of your awesome config file (assuming you use one).  If you don't use one - why the hell not?!
2) Re-download and re-extract the AwesomeMod package.  Verify when you copy to Packages directory you don't get an overwrite message.
3) Clear your cache files (all four of them).
4) Go back into your Packages directory, make sure none of the cache files copied themselves into there (I've seen it happen quite a bit on my machine).  If they are there, delete them.
5) If you want for good measure, delete the contents of the WorldCaches directory (if there are any).
6) Look at the contents of your Packages directory in detail - verify you don't have another copy of the awesome mod with a variation on the name.
7) Use the online AwesomeMod tool to re-do your config.
8) Copy the new config file to your Packages directory.  Verify when you copy that you don't get an overwrite message.

If all else fails after this, shut down your computer, go get lunch (or a quickie - I prefer the quickie), and come back later to try again.

eneer
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 July 25, 18:11:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cant find awesome mod in my computer to delete it, most likely because I am a grandma and am suffering from dementia however if someone could maybe have a more specific path to  where it would be I would think you were wonderful ( I did try looking in program files) thank you,
JBoat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 July 25, 18:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cant find awesome mod in my computer to delete it, most likely because I am a grandma and am suffering from dementia however if someone could maybe have a more specific path to  where it would be I would think you were wonderful ( I did try looking in program files) thank you,

• Main Sims 3 directory:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin   (if you use XP, remove the (x86) part)
  • Sims 3 Packages directory:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
  • Sims 3 data directory:  (My Documents Folder)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

Cache files are any file in the data directory with "cache" in the name.  Same goes for packages directory (if you find any files with "cache" in the name, either delete them or move them elsewhere).  Packages directory holds all the mods you've installed for Sims 3.

terriefarrell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 July 25, 20:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1) Delete all copies of awesome mod on your computer.  Those you downloaded, those in the packages directory..  all of em.
2) Delete all copies of your awesome config file (assuming you use one).  If you don't use one - why the hell not?!
2) Re-download and re-extract the AwesomeMod package.  Verify when you copy to Packages directory you don't get an overwrite message.
3) Clear your cache files (all four of them).
4) Go back into your Packages directory, make sure none of the cache files copied themselves into there (I've seen it happen quite a bit on my machine).  If they are there, delete them.
5) If you want for good measure, delete the contents of the WorldCaches directory (if there are any).
6) Look at the contents of your Packages directory in detail - verify you don't have another copy of the awesome mod with a variation on the name.
7) Use the online AwesomeMod tool to re-do your config.
Cool Copy the new config file to your Packages directory.  Verify when you copy that you don't get an overwrite message.

If all else fails after this, shut down your computer, go get lunch (or a quickie - I prefer the quickie), and come back later to try again.

Although i have somehow managed to get it working now (and i really have no idea how) I want to thank you for this cos i'm going to follow these directions to the letter the next time i have to reinstall it (which no doubt will be another few days)....oh and btw, my husband sailed this afternoon with the Navy and therefore no chance of a quickie for a few months but have opted for a bottle of wine instead of lunch! Wink
JBoat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 July 26, 18:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*two thumbs up*   Grin

Baika
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Awesomemode and Patch 1.3 how do I delete awesomemode?
« Reply #48 on: 2009 July 29, 07:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I have installed awesomemode and I loved it. But after updated my game with the actual patch from EA yesterday my Sims game does not work fine anymore. Means, if I am telling my Sim to go to bed and he is not in the same room like the bed he just forget it. I have first send him to the sleeping room and then he can go to bed. Further they are only eating in the kitchen. Standing around. They do not use tables and chairs anymore. And cars and taxis are driving on my lot. So I tried to delete aweseomemode. But without the game does not start. Do you have any ideas how I can delete awesomemode until it is compatible with the patch? Thanks and kind regards, Baika Huh
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Awesomemode and Patch 1.3 how do I delete awesomemode?
« Reply #49 on: 2009 July 29, 08:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Search is your friend. There is already a thread on this in this section.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15645.0.html

BTW - no "e" on the end of AwesomeMod - although, by installing AwesomeMod, TS3 runs in AwesomeMode.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: