More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 06:40:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Weird career bug.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird career bug.  (Read 3962 times)
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Weird career bug.
« on: 2009 July 06, 00:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my sims cannot stay employed as a Criminal.  She can join the career, but if she tries to go to work, she'll get as far as the door to the rabbithole and then going to work will delete from her queue.

I have not yet tried to give her a different career to see if she can work at all.  (She was able to work during high school, as she took a part-time job in the graveyard.  When she took the crime career, she had to give up the mortuary job.)

The only things unique about her as opposed to any other sim I have are:

* Child of Don Lothario and my own homemade sim.
* Had job in high school and didn't quit it herself but was auto-quit from it when she got a grown-up job.

Has anyone else encountered this before?

The only mod I'm running is Awesomemod, and I have not patched.
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
Re: Weird career bug.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 06, 00:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Off the top of my head - is she Good? that might preclude being a criminal.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 06, 00:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Her traits are, IIRC, Athletic, Love the Outdoors, Kleptomaniac, Hopeless Romantic, and . . . something else.  But not "Good."

I've actually had her join the Criminal career twice, and I've had her quit it each time since she couldn't go to work.  The other thing I'm wondering is if the game somehow didn't get confused because the day she became an adult, she joined the criminal career and got knocked up.  The second day, she was unable to go to work, so I had her quit.  She became obviously pregnant about an hour later.

I chalked it up to the game not letting her go to work when she would be put on maternity leave while she was at work.  After she had the kid, she tried rejoining the career and going back to work, and can't.

Of course, now that I think about it, something similar might be happening because her kid has only been a toddler for a couple of days and she's trying to go back to work since her mother (who is a rockstar) can stay home with the kid.  The game might be enforcing maternity leave even when it's not necessary.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 06, 00:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen reports about some weird access blockage of the criminal warehouse in Riverview. Check this thread:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15414.msg444215.html#msg444215
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 06, 05:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's definitely a problem with the warehouse in Riverview.  I had my sim try the Criminal career one more time, and she couldn't get in.  I had her join the Culinary career, and she went right to work.

I haven't had the opportunity that blocks the warehouse, though.

Tomorrow, I'll try the patch.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 06, 07:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this bug as well in Riverside. My sim, who had topped the Law Enforcement career, was able one time to raid the warehouse during the "Disable the Superweapon" opportunity, but every other time the opportunity came up, he'd get to the warehouse and then cancel out of the action with a blocked path thought bubble. Annoying, to say the least.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: