More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:48:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  They can autonomously cheat.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: They can autonomously cheat.  (Read 18429 times)
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
They can autonomously cheat.
« on: 2009 June 28, 11:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello

I am fed up with losing my sim's husband with his constant autonomous cheating.

He is Jon Lesson in Riverview. His traits are Artistic, Hopeless romantic, Charismatic, Virtuoso and Great Kisser.

Now why on earth does he autonomously flirt with all and sundry (all ages and gender, mostly with incompatible traits) when he has a wife who shares 4 out the 5 traits with him and a very high relationship and a new born son taboot ? . I always play Jon Lesson as when I first made my selfmade sim the traits were a coincidence so I stuck with him as a planned husband for my sim once she has a good career going. I have freewill set to high when they are married.

I do not mean the one off, he does it all the time. I have restarted the hood about 12 times trying to avoid this thinking I was doing something wrong but to no avail. When he has finished work he simply flirts with anything that moves.  Where's the loyalty?

I have been on EA a lot asking players and some are suffering the same sort of game ruination.

This is something I need answering by EA urgently as I am a young housebound and this game and all it's predecessors are my social outlet.

Any one here got any idea what  I am doing wrong?  Is the 'Hopeless Romance' trait like the old romance aspiration in Sims 2?  They will flirt with anything?  Mind you at least when they were in a relationship they did not cheat....lol

Thankyou.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: They can autonomously cheat.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 28, 12:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is something I need answering by EA urgently as I am a young housebound and this game and all it's predecessors are my social outlet.
If you need this answered by EA, then why are you here? MATY isn't EA. EA kinda dislikes MATY.

The only cheating I've noticed comes from either the Flirty, Inappropriate, or Insane traits. None of your sim's listed traits have ever resulted in lechery in my game, and I've both had that exact combination and several with some, not all, of the traits. Are you sure he's the actual initiator and isn't just acting on something another sim has started?

Personally, I'd kill him for his presumption. He is obviously unable to accept his place in the universe.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 28, 13:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Zazazu

The reason I am here is because this is the best site I know for having knowledge about The Sims prior to any other.  I have been on EA but as yet there is no official reply.

Also I thought this site liked possible glitches bugs etc as it seems to be the first one to know about and able to fix them.

He initiated the flirting, I have watched him do it quite a few times.  Others seem to be encountering spontaneous flirts between a son and mother in law when they live in the same house.  I do not mean Uri Ivanhov from Riverview, he is a flirty sim, I mean others who really have no traits to cause this.  I have seen married men cuddling other men on park benches and they are simply aquaintances....so I thought it must be a glitch.

I do have mods, the standard Awesome plus a few others for Lifetime points etc but none that would cause this to constantly happen in my game.

So that is the reason I am here.

kind regard and thanks for replying.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 28, 14:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't even begun to explore social launches and acceptance criteria yet. So much to beat with a hammer, so little time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 28, 14:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually this is one of the things I like: sims that flirt autonomously even if they don't have a crush with the target.
In TS2 I had to make a mod for me, or as soon as a sim has a crush on another one, it will flirt autonomously only with that sim, always that sim, and noone else than that sim.  Tongue

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 28, 16:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't even begun to explore social launches and acceptance criteria yet. So much to beat with a hammer, so little time.

Pescado you owe me a new monitor, or at least a decent cleaning of this one. I was not ready for this statement today.

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 28, 16:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will move your stupid face further up on the list of things to beat with a hammer, then.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marcus
Blathering Buffoon

Come to the dARRk side.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 28, 17:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I don't play the romantic traits, I like the more self centered Sims.
My friend has a similar situation with a "hopeless romantic" sim, he also autonomously flirts outrageously.
I can only think that the combination of the hopeless romantic and charismatic traits lead to this behaviour.
it might be that some "life" choices are determined at an early stage and set into the AI for the life of the sim.

If this is true then no matter how many times you restart the scenario it will most likely play out in a similar way.

Maybe this isn't a bug and just how the game plays out.

ETA: Afterthought,  My friends Sim is married with a family and this still it hasn't changed his core behaviour.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 28, 17:46:11 by Marcus » Logged

I don't believe in orbiting teapots.
gamb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 28, 17:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange.  I'm currently playing a household that includes 2 Hopeless Romantics (married w/ 3 kids) and a Flirty/Hopeless Romantic unattached sim.  The F/HR sim constantly tries to flirt with the HR husband, but he always rejects her advances.  Their relationship is in the red because F/HR won't knock it off.  Neither member of the HR couple has ever tried to flirt autonomously since they got married (aside from with each other).  The couple's pretty cute.  They get the Lover moodlet whenever they're in the same room, and their relationship is as high as possible.

Maybe just watch his every move and stop any flirting behavior as soon as it starts?
Marcus
Blathering Buffoon

Come to the dARRk side.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 28, 17:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jon lesson, is a premade sim, he would most likely have certain personality characteristics "built in" to make him a specific challenge, different premade sims would have different challenges.
Maybe this is the way they designed Jon Lesson to react. making this sim require a certain type of game-play to "win over".

I don't believe in orbiting teapots.
SolaceDevotio
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 28, 18:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like drama in my game.  But if he is displeasing you then do as Zazazu says and kill him.  You rule the sim universe and if his sins are too many, smite him.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 28, 19:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was surprised by this as well.  It is quite annoying when it makes no sense.  For example, Judy Bunch - happily married with 4 kids and one on the way - was found asking Gunther Goth to cuddle on a park bench.  I don't believe he was even an aquaintance.  I can't remember exactly but I think she has the "family" trait too.

Worse yet, my doctor sim was trying to pick up on Hank Goddard when she is happily married with kids and a genius, bookwormy type.  To top it off he was having none of it and he DOES have the personality to cheat.  As a matter of fact I think that is his wish is to have 10 girlfriends or some such.

Something definitely needs some tweaking.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 28, 21:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I don't play the romantic traits, I like the more self centered Sims.
My friend has a similar situation with a "hopeless romantic" sim, he also autonomously flirts outrageously.
I can only think that the combination of the hopeless romantic and charismatic traits lead to this behaviour.
it might be that some "life" choices are determined at an early stage and set into the AI for the life of the sim.
I've come to believe that Hopeless Romantic is a misnomer in TS3, just like Romance was in TS2. In TS2, Romance should have been called Slutty. In TS3, Hopeless Romantic is more like Seductive. A true Hopeless Romantic would find their advances rebuffed, yet want to fall in love more than anything.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 28, 21:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeh Hey...

Now that all makes sense and that is the reason I came here.  Two weeks on EA, bugger all, One day on here and all my questions anwered.

So Hopeless Romance probably Hopeless Seductor, they  just cannot help it but EA called it Romance to make it sound a little more palatable for the younger players. 

Funny thing is he does not flirt with anyone at all until he has a romantic attachment.  I have seen him age and pop his clogs many times...alone.

Ruddy stupid description then in CAS as it states they are always searching for their soul mates, it forgot to mention they don't know it when they find it...lol

Thankyou everyone for your prompt answers.

This is really the only site to visit if you want sensible replies.

Kind regards
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 28, 23:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to know if I could trade my game with YOURS.  I have seen VERY little autonomous flirting, even between Sims in love.  They rarely ever get the Woohoo/flirt/kiss wish unless I've been deliberately directing traffic in that direction.  (And it's not nearly as useful to Woohoo either, since there is such little point reward for it relative to time expended, unlike TS2.)  

I've seen Sims autonomously flirting with other sims in public about...  oh, I think TWO TIMES.

So, please, let's get together and swap games.  I WISH my Sims would flirt and seduce each other.

I have also not had a single instance of two townies falling in love and marrying.  The only new married couples in the game are ones that moved to town already married, or ones that I forced to marry each other.  I would love to see more evolution in the story progression than that.

EDITED TO ADD:
One of the times that I witnessed spontaneous flirting in the park was between a married Flirty Sim, flirting with a stranger, who is married to a Family Sim.  She did it right in front of him and he never reacted.  That's bullshit. 

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 28, 23:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to know if I could trade my game with YOURS.  I have seen VERY little autonomous flirting, even between Sims in love.  They rarely ever get the Woohoo/flirt/kiss wish unless I've been deliberately directing traffic in that direction.  (And it's not nearly as useful to Woohoo either, since there is such little point reward for it relative to time expended, unlike TS2.)  

I've seen Sims autonomously flirting with other sims in public about...  oh, I think TWO TIMES.

So, please, let's get together and swap games.  I WISH my Sims would flirt and seduce each other.

I have also not had a single instance of two townies falling in love and marrying.  The only new married couples in the game are ones that moved to town already married, or ones that I forced to marry each other.  I would love to see more evolution in the story progression than that.

EDITED TO ADD:
One of the times that I witnessed spontaneous flirting in the park was between a married Flirty Sim, flirting with a stranger, who is married to a Family Sim.  She did it right in front of him and he never reacted.  That's bullshit. 

Eh?

Woohoo is an insta-fill of the fun bar. That in and of itself is a perfect reason to woohoo, especially after a long day of Workin Hard at the job.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 29, 05:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a female sim that is:
Charismatic
Excitable
Hopeless Romantic
Insane
Unlucky

and the only guy I have seen her flirt with is the guy she is living with (they are lovers but not girlfriend/boyfriend)

The guy is:
Athletic
Charismatic
Flirty
Virtuoso
Great Kisser

and he flirts with plenty of other females (expected since he is Flirty).

I've heard some sims will autonomously woohoo but none of my sims ever have.  Sad
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 29, 14:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDITED TO ADD:
One of the times that I witnessed spontaneous flirting in the park was between a married Flirty Sim, flirting with a stranger, who is married to a Family Sim.  She did it right in front of him and he never reacted.  That's bullshit.  

I was just thinking this same thing as I was reading this thread.  My sims are BORING!!!  They just do what I tell them and have no life otherwise.  For instance, I am playing a Legacy, and once my spare fulfilled her LTW, I got her engaged to a guy and pregnant, then shipped her off to live with him.  That's where it ended.  She never had another baby, she never got married, nothing else ever came of it. I mean, come on....I did all the hard work.  They just had to follow through.  (My settings are also on high autonomy.)

Not all those who wander are lost.
--J R R Tolkien
bartleby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 29, 14:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello

I am fed up with losing my sim's husband with his constant autonomous cheating.

He is Jon Lesson in Riverview. His traits are Artistic, Hopeless romantic, Charismatic, Virtuoso and Great Kisser.

Now why on earth does he autonomously flirt with all and sundry (all ages and gender, mostly with incompatible traits) when he has a wife who shares 4 out the 5 traits with him and a very high relationship and a new born son taboot ?

Since when cheating makes sense? Since when cheating has anything to do - exclusively - with traits? Do you really believe that identical persons or very similar persons get along better than different ones? Only self centered folks fall in love with versions of themselves. How boring it must be.
And they could do it before, sims could cheat autonomously in TS2.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 29, 17:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since when cheating makes sense? Since when cheating has anything to do - exclusively - with traits? Do you really believe that identical persons or very similar persons get along better than different ones? Only self centered folks fall in love with versions of themselves. How boring it must be.
And they could do it before, sims could cheat autonomously in TS2.

The game was programmed for similar sims to 'get along better'. This might not be true in real life, but it's how EA programmed the game.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 29, 17:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a Sim I was playing chatting up Jon Lessen and her Commitment Issues came up as incompatible with his Hopeless Romantic.

If the Hopeless Romantics tend to flirt outside of committed relationships, you'd think they be more compatible, lol. For what it's worth, the hopeless romantics I've played haven't had this flirting tendency. So far my only Sims that have flirted autonomously have been Flirty ones.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 29, 18:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having read this thread so far, I am now more convinced that I should take all MATY sims that I currently have in my game and add a romantic trait of some sort.  That might kick start some story mode romancing and spawning.  So far they all just seem to want to discuss things endlessly and argue with each other.  On the other hand, that's a rather accurate representation.

Tribulatio proxima est
astraled
Asinine Airhead

Minty Fresh!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 29, 19:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So much to beat with a hammer, so little time.

Soon, you'll level up enough to upgrade your objects to self-cleaning, though. Surely, that is reward enough.

caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 29, 20:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having read this thread so far, I am now more convinced that I should take all MATY sims that I currently have in my game and add a romantic trait of some sort.  That might kick start some story mode romancing and spawning.  So far they all just seem to want to discuss things endlessly and argue with each other.  On the other hand, that's a rather accurate representation.

I've found that the little bit of autonomous flirting Flirty type Sims do isn't enough to establish a romantic interest relationship. I've never seen spawning from a relationship lower than 'going steady'. And even with those, it's not like they autonomously woohoo, it's just story progression making one Sim pregnant.
But Story Progression will go ahead and make Sims who have never met each other into romantic interests. But it does nothing to throw those new lovers into situations together where they can try to upgrade the romance.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 29, 20:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can also desire to break up with their spouses, which surprised the heck out of me.  

This Sim had been married to a lovely gal all through young adulthood and they had a son.  She was a hard worker on the political track and always wanting to kiss and woo-hoo etc. with hubby.  Then after he became an adult he got this want to break up with her!  He didn't appear to be interested in anyone else, and she had not cheated on him in any way.  I decided they weren't spending enough time together, so I deleted the want and got them together for some quality time and woo-hoo.  So after they woo-hoo, what does he do?  Start criticizing her for being a vegetarian! They had a huge argument, and I think he called her mother a llama.

She went jogging and felt better after awhile, but the next day he came up with the want to break up again.  I deleted it.  Several days later, it came up again, so I decided what the heck, nothing worse than a loveless marriage, so I had him break up with her and go live with his brother.

The story isn't over, though.  Next day, the brother calls her on the phone to chat.  After the chat, SHE gets the want to kiss the BROTHER!  Oh, the huge manatee!

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: