More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 09:32:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  please post your voodoo
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: please post your voodoo  (Read 6301 times)
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
please post your voodoo
« on: 2009 June 28, 07:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi... I'm getting the stupid CTD on load every fucking time now. I'm deleting the cache files, which used to work, but doesn't anymore. I'd like to try some other things but don't know what. Please post your brand of voodoo here so I can try it.

Specifically, someone posted somewhere (can't find it now) that they deleted "userPresets" or some such file and that worked. Where is this file located? It's not in the same folder as the cache files.

But really, I'll try anything. I'll delete anything it's safe to delete. How about the worldPresets? That file is with the cache files.

FWIW, I have the last version of Awesomemod before the patch. (I don't understand how to dl the patch on a different computer and transfer it to my gaming pc, which is offline and will stay that way--I would be SOOO grateful for a detailed guide...)

INTP.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: please post your voodoo
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 28, 07:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which folder have you got awesomemod installed to? Do you have any other mods? I was having the crash problems when I had another mod loose in the same folder as Awesomemod (pre-patch, last version before patch)

Awesomemod is here: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
Other mod(s) are here: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\Hacks

No crashing once I moved the other mod.

User Presets just have stuff you make in such as patterns and outfits, I am quite sure, so deleting it will do nothing. It is in the same folder as the cache files I regularly purge, so where are your cache files that you are deleting?

Mine are in; C:\Users\ME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

Finally, have you tried the 3booter?

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15585.msg447320.html#msg447320

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 28, 07:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which folder have you got awesomemod installed to? Do you have any other mods? I was having the crash problems when I had another mod loose in the same folder as Awesomemod (pre-patch, last version before patch)

Awesomemod is here: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
Other mod(s) are here: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages\Hacks

No other mods... I'm paranoid about mods and hacks as a general rule.
I used the monkey to install it and its where you said. I checked the hacks file just-in-case, but it's empty.

No crashing once I moved the other mod.

User Presets just have stuff you make in such as patterns and outfits, I am quite sure, so deleting it will do nothing. It is in the same folder as the cache files I regularly purge, so where are your cache files that you are deleting?

Mine are in; C:\Users\ME\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

Yes, so are mine. Pescado said the same thing about the userPresets, but I figured voodoo is voodoo.

Thank you, I have not tried this... It says it's helpful in that it reboots immediately but doesn't solve the problem... grumble.
Thanks for the link, though, I'll probably try it... maybe it's just a matter of trying to launch over and over.
I wonder whether bypassing the launcher helps? I haven't tried. How do I do that?

INTP.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 28, 08:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the latest on whether the enablescripterror.package is a good thing to install or not?

INTP.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 28, 08:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are running from the launcher? There is your problem, right there.

Find this file in your C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe. Right-click, send to desktop, create shortcut. Use that to launch game.

Or: Use the 3booter to launch.

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 28, 08:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found the file, started the game bypassing the launcher, CTD at the usual point.  Cry

Shall I try enablescripterror.package, perhaps? or uninstalling Awesomemod and reinstalling it?

INTP.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 28, 08:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found the file, started the game bypassing the launcher, CTD at the usual point.  Cry

Shall I try enablescripterror.package, perhaps? or uninstalling Awesomemod and reinstalling it?

I had CTD several times in a row today, and it only stopped after I added the enablescripterror.package. The usual deleting of the cache files didn't work, and neither did reinstalling the mod.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 28, 09:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are running from the launcher? There is your problem, right there.

Find this file in your C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe. Right-click, send to desktop, create shortcut. Use that to launch game.

Or: Use the 3booter to launch.

Emma, I could hug you, while simultaneously kicking myself in the ass. Your advice *did* work, I'd forgotten to delete the cache files before trying to start the game bypassing the launcher.

INTP.
simplyg
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 28, 10:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was having the same problem, crashing at the intro.  I restarted my computer and it has worked great since.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 28, 13:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't need to do anything; the game will usually run after the second or third attempt.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 28, 13:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reinstall Awesomemod, even if the newest version is the same size and date/time as the one I originally had. I'm not sure why, ut it almsot always works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: