More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:59:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Wash your @#$%ing hands! No toilet geniuses! Some Toilet Mods
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wash your @#$%ing hands! No toilet geniuses! Some Toilet Mods  (Read 34559 times)
DrNerd
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Wash your @#$%ing hands! No toilet geniuses! Some Toilet Mods
« Reply #25 on: 2009 June 29, 00:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use paper towels or dryers, but I do wash. I just don't want to touch something that thousands of unknowns have touched right after I wash my hands. I use my sleeve to open the door and then air dry.

Sims don't have diseases and will eat raw potatoes. Somehow I doubt they'd mind a little urine taste.

I tend to get the paper towels before I wash my hands, then wash my hands, dry them on the paper towels, and use the paper towels to open the door.  I don't like touching stuff with wet hands.  Or touching stuff that is still wet from other peoples' hands.

geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 June 29, 00:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use my elbow on the paper towel lever, or I use the hem of my shirt if there are only air dryers.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 June 29, 01:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I just interject to suggest that this is a stupid discussion?  They are SIMS.  Yes we all wash our hands after using the terlet IRL.  Great, fine.  That's nice IRL, but with the sims it's like taking a 20 second IRL episode and dragging it on for several hours.

I personally get annoyed with sims who WASTE time by washing hands after terletting, especially when they are already on their way into the shower.  It's the bloody EAxis preoccupation with all things bathroomish coming to bite us again.  So no.  A "wash your hands" mod is unwelcome and unnecessary.  Who cares if the blighters wash their hands?  They can't CATCH anything.  Fucking PRETEND they wash their hands if it bothers you.  You have to pretend they get out of the car now, so surely imagining they wash their hands is not so great a leap.  Someone (grand genius there) also suggested that using terlet paper was implied.  See, you CAN imagine things - admittedly stupid things, but things.

That's right folks.  We don't get out of cars anymore - that's too much fucking animation to expect.  But all the bathroom functions and tasks are spelled out in painful detail.  No more neat sims for me.  I will NOT watch this wanton waste of time when sims could usefully be doing something else.

I'm Senator jolrei, and I am AGAINST any and all mods that would increase time spent in bathrooms.

Tribulatio proxima est
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 June 29, 01:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm Senator jolrei, and I am AGAINST any and all mods that would increase time spent in bathrooms.

But jolrei, bathrooms are pure, holy creatures - like trains.  Sims should do little else but spend their time in the bathrooms.

It is asinine that sims don't actually animate out of cars anymore - even without watching a vehicle I'd figured something was going to be wrong with the "go ahead and put them anywhere" driveways.  Pretense is for things that do not at present exist, and while there might not be a "get out of your car" or "pull into the driveway" animation, there is a hand washing animation.
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 June 29, 02:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a lot to what jolrei says.  A normal person takes between 30 seconds to a minute to wash their hands IRL.  A sim takes 8 sim minutes to do this.  This means that your normal morning activities of wake up use the toilet, take a shower and piss off the carpool cuz you took so long to do those two things would take 8 sim minutes longer...  on a wasted activity since showering gets you cleaner than washing your hands.

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2009 June 29, 03:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But jolrei, bathrooms are pure, holy creatures - like trains.  Sims should do little else but spend their time in the bathrooms.

It is asinine that sims don't actually animate out of cars anymore - even without watching a vehicle I'd figured something was going to be wrong with the "go ahead and put them anywhere" driveways.  Pretense is for things that do not at present exist, and while there might not be a "get out of your car" or "pull into the driveway" animation, there is a hand washing animation.

How hard would it have been to add sections to the driveway extensions of sims2, such as corner extensions or shorter extensions. At least then we could have put the garage/driveway pretty much anywhere on the lot and still had nice animations rather than warping.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 June 29, 04:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ditto on the sleeve for doors etc, but what I'd like to see for my sims is something that cuts out handwashing between toilet & shower. Mrs Goth always pees, goes downstairs to a different bathroom to wash her hands and then goes back upstairs for her queued shower.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 June 29, 04:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ditto on the sleeve for doors etc, but what I'd like to see for my sims is something that cuts out handwashing between toilet & shower.

I'd like to do this as well, since even though I made this mod, I usually tend to have sims expunge filth and then shower.  I've just been axing the autoqueued washing, since I don't know if there's a way to prescribe the whole "passive autonomous actions get baleeted by manually queued actions" quality to anything.

And I use the paper towels on the doors/knobx, because I tend to wear whatever's on me that's got sleeves.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 June 29, 07:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's why I use my sleeve. It cracks me up when I see someone take so much care to wash their hands thoroughly, then touch a towel dispenser knob that's been around the block and back, then grasp a door handle with their hands that a bunch of dirty-handed kids and adults have just touched.

I used to worry about that, then I realized that 2 minutes later, I'm going to go back to my table, pull out a chair that has been touched by god knows how many people (many of whom used the door handle in the restroom) and I'm going to look at the menu that's been handled by countless strangers, and so on.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 June 29, 17:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I will say that brushing teeth actually has some benefit in this game since you get the minty fresh breath moodlet that increases your mood a bit.  Grin

Which would be great, save for the fact that it takes longer to brush than it does to eat.
simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 June 29, 17:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which would be great, save for the fact that it takes longer to brush than it does to eat.
It sucks when neurotic sims want to brush three times for 100 wish points.  Sad
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 June 29, 17:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sucks when neurotic sims want to brush three times for 100 wish points.  Sad

I usually don't fulfill those for the points, but for the moodlets they get - combined with a pre-work or school freak out, it makes for a nice, content Sim.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 June 29, 18:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno about yall, but when I wipe I do not place my bare fingers onto or in my anus...
Bacteria and germs from feces can travel thru 7 layers of toilet paper.  wash your hands people

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 June 29, 19:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I insist on having everything run through an autoclave before I touch it.
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 June 29, 21:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno about yall, but when I wipe I do not place my bare fingers onto or in my anus...
Bacteria and germs from feces can travel thru 7 layers of toilet paper.  wash your hands people

Bacteria and germs are on everything, even your shirt sleeves so may as well live in a bubble, or get surgical gloves and wear them every day.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2009 June 30, 00:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's why I use my sleeve. It cracks me up when I see someone take so much care to wash their hands thoroughly, then touch a towel dispenser knob that's been around the block and back, then grasp a door handle with their hands that a bunch of dirty-handed kids and adults have just touched.

I used to worry about that, then I realized that 2 minutes later, I'm going to go back to my table, pull out a chair that has been touched by god knows how many people (many of whom used the door handle in the restroom) and I'm going to look at the menu that's been handled by countless strangers, and so on.

Yes... but sometimes, the door handle is wet.  Ick.  DNW.

MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 June 30, 10:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just popping in to say -- loving the detailed discussion about poop!  Wink

I agree with not wanting my sims to autonomously wash their hands as it's a waste of time, though. But some do. My boyfriend always cues "wash hands" when he plays, no matter what they're doing after. But then again, he also washes his hands before jumping in the shower IRL.

TMI?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 June 30, 11:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ditto on the sleeve for doors etc, but what I'd like to see for my sims is something that cuts out handwashing between toilet & shower. Mrs Goth always pees, goes downstairs to a different bathroom to wash her hands and then goes back upstairs for her queued shower.
Already incorporated into AwesomeMod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 June 30, 17:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

. . .
Already incorporated into AwesomeMod.

Oh, good.  I was looking for a way to incorporate that into this but couldn't figure it out.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 June 30, 23:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is indeed gratifying that so many n00bs at MATY are so well versed in hygiene and the rigours of handwashing, both IRL and in the game.  Now if they could all just shut up about it as well, we'd all be happier, I'm sure.  WDC.

Handwashing, especially between terlet and shower, is an egregious waste of sims time, and I thank the most Awesome for this addition to Awesomemod.  I shall henceforth eschew all Kewian-based substitutes.  Accept all n00bs in this thread who have ever washed their hands as a sacrifice (small sacrifice, I know), and let the smell of their burning be a pleasing odour unto thee, and their cries of butthurt as music in thine ears.

Tribulatio proxima est
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 July 01, 00:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I feel like the game could have made some real in game reason to wash your hands like have any sim who uses the bathroom and doesn't, save slobs, to get a negative moodlet or something. Then I would actually do it.

Oh and I tried the high end sink with a 5 hygiene and the gain is still pathetically paltry. The crappiest shower is still way better for hygiene.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: