More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:15:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Slower eating, faster cooking.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Slower eating, faster cooking.  (Read 31850 times)
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
Slower eating, faster cooking.
« on: 2009 June 28, 02:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What we have here are two mods, one of which I've just thrown together (it should mathematically work) and another which I've tested and can say that it does, in fact, seem to work.

The untested one is slower eating (increased the bites per meal, lowered hunger per bite to make sitting and eating MANDATORY you GOBBLING DOGS), increased chance of autonomous cooking of favourite foods (I can make any food, and I love fish and chips!  I'm going to make hot dogs for dinner!), and slightly increased the chance of people doing their fucking dishes after eating.

Slower eating (with moar talk, autofavourites, and dishdoing) comes in four exciting flavours, ranging from 2x to 5x (30 bpm to 75 bpm).  There can only be one.  I've corrected for hunger values, my target was 200 (since the XML said that and I am so smart and intelligent), but now I've corrected it to the normal ~120 range.

The other is faster cooking speeds.  It also improves the food quality tinkering improvement a bit cos I like even numbers (1.5->2.0) and because I can.  I will add a variety of unimproved improvement when I am able to.  Now you CAN haz faster food preparation - halfsies only, that's as low as I'm willing to go.  Want it?  Redownload.

I forgot to make RTFMs for these, but if you don't know where to put them by now, you frankly do not deserve to use them.  They should be compatible with Awesomeware and my other hacks, but will quite likely NOT be compatible with the other cooking/eating time mods floating around.

* ++speedbetterupgrade.zip (4.21 KB - downloaded 1564 times.)
* slowereatingmoretalk.zip (7.2 KB - downloaded 1468 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 June 28, 10:34:43 by Czezechael » Logged
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Slower eating (in testing), faster stove cooking
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 28, 03:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most bites I could get from a plate of pancakes was 28. I also set the food per bite to 5.3 and that filled up the hunger bar when almost in the red. So your 2 times speed looks good,regardless haven't noticed my sim gaining weight when overeating,unlike the previous installment.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 28, 03:28:28 by userunknown » Logged
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 28, 03:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice one, the sociable side of eating is back!

I'm using 3x slower, but may change to 2x. Thanks.
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 28, 04:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't double post, n00b. *smacks it with a rolled up newspaper*

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 28, 04:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to Czezechael for slower eating. They always speed through their meals, no real possibility of any social gains.

And thanks to userunknown for the preparation fix. Those sims sure did take their time cooking didn't they?

Thanks to both. Your both awesome!

More Awesome Sig
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 28, 04:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been waiting for something like this. Aside from huge parties, one of my favorite times in Sims 2 was the nice, quiet family dinner. Still too bad we can't serve food again yet.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 28, 04:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a file to help speed up preparation time.It's for the stirring the mixing bowl,default was 2,5 & 8 seconds.If you'd like all the cooking files I have let me know,mostly just removed the extra loop animations & sped up the process.Might save you some time.

Interesting, thank'ee - I'd managed to extract all the cooking files but got a bit fed up with looking through them for specifics.  My faster cooking mod is for stoves only, I have yet to add barbecue functionality but I will eventually.  Stove cooking was noticeably faster with my mod in and accurate enough for my tastes - I spend more time chopping, mixing, and preparing than I do cooking, for the most part.

Sims should not enfattenate with my slower eating mod cos I've accounted for hunger per bite in each iteration, assuming that has anything to do with weight gain in this game.

I'll get to actually play testing my mod now and adding polish where needed.
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 28, 04:55:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a file to help speed up preparation time.It's for the stirring the mixing bowl,default was 2,5 & 8 seconds.If you'd like all the cooking files I have let me know,mostly just removed the extra loop animations & sped up the process.Might save you some time.

Interesting, thank'ee - I'd managed to extract all the cooking files but got a bit fed up with looking through them for specifics.  My faster cooking mod is for stoves only, I have yet to add barbecue functionality but I will eventually.  Stove cooking was noticeably faster with my mod in and accurate enough for my tastes - I spend more time chopping, mixing, and preparing than I do cooking, for the most part.

Sims should not enfattenate with my slower eating mod cos I've accounted for hunger per bite in each iteration, assuming that has anything to do with weight gain in this game.

I'll get to actually play testing my mod now and adding polish where needed.

Here's all the files you'll need,have fun.

* Faster Cooking1.zip (56.03 KB - downloaded 580 times.)
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 28, 10:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims should not enfattenate with my slower eating mod cos I've accounted for hunger per bite in each iteration
I noticed that too. No enfattenation  Tongue here, strikes a good balance.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 28, 10:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't. The overeating trigger is based on a "Stuffed" buff that occurs when a sim overeats by consuming multiple items of food. It is no longer based on micromanagement of the hunger meter. If it were, high-class food would be completely inedible since even low-grade food items are sufficient to fill a sim's hunger bar completely. In TS2, this would happen if you had food with an FPV in excess of about 160+, where even the most starved sim would be unable to eat the entire thing without harming itself, and therefore, consumption of such items had to be micromanaged. TS3 no longer has this, so it really doesn't matter what they eat. Higher quality food grants a better food-based moodlet for eating, but it doesn't actually matter what the food *IS*.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 28, 10:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Higher quality food grants a better food-based moodlet for eating, but it doesn't actually matter what the food *IS*.

So it's best to just stick with making the same food over and over again to gain quality EXP?  Does "favourite" do anything but make them clap while eating?

I figured that about the enfattenation but didn't know for sure, so... yeah.
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 28, 11:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't. The overeating trigger is based on a "Stuffed" buff that occurs when a sim overeats by consuming multiple items of food. It is no longer based on micromanagement of the hunger meter.

Been wandering why my sim never gained weight,thanks for clearing that up,like this system much better.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 28, 16:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it's best to just stick with making the same food over and over again to gain quality EXP?
Yup.

Does "favourite" do anything but make them clap while eating?
Nope.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 28, 17:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope.

I'd figured this was the case but hoped against hope that the mummopugoid TS3 would at least try to take into account favourite foods.  Would there be a way to make it promote the "that was pretty nice food +10" buff one tier and kick the clapping?
« Last Edit: 2009 June 28, 18:59:15 by Czezechael » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Slower eating, faster cooking.
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 28, 17:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe eating ones favorite meal gives them a 'great meal' moodlet even if the meal itself is not that great of a quality. At least my one sim whose favorite is mac and cheese gets that even when her mother cooks normal quality.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
gamb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 28, 18:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe eating ones favorite meal gives them a 'great meal' moodlet even if the meal itself is not that great of a quality. At least my one sim whose favorite is mac and cheese gets that even when her mother cooks normal quality.
I had a sim whose favorite meal was cookies get the Great Meal moodlet even when the cookies were of horrifying quality.
shivafang
Asinine Airhead

INTP: Loner, Childish, D/L Children

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 02, 01:35:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember I was so thrilled to get 'TalkLessEatMoar' for TS2.  However, TS3 just went WAAY too far (EatSoFastYouAreDoneBeforeThePersonBehindYouSitsDown)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 02, 05:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah it was long in TS2 but they went WAY the other direction for this game. I played with the X3 for a while but found it a bit lengthy, particularly for those prework morning meals, but I switch to X2 and feel like that's just right for me.

I noticed though that no matter how long you make it, though it's said their relationship numbers are going up I notice a negligable increase. Perhaps it helps to maintain relations but if you are just relying on eating together in this game it sure won't build them. I have sims who have eaten most meals together for weeks and have not talked otherwise and their relationship is still very low.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 02, 05:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I often wondered if that was because relationship gains were spread around more. If six sims sit around together talking, would each of their small gains be equal to the larger gains only two sims would experience?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 03, 07:26:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to give a huge thanks to Czezechael for creating this mod... trust EAxis to screw things up once again... with the eating in S2 being waayyy to slow and now in S3 we have an unappetizing warp speed... like everyone was raised like pigs in a poke... anywayz... I LOVE this mod and have found that 3x is perfect for my game style !  Thanks and YOU ROCK !   Grin

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 03, 13:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A very much needed mod and very much appreciated. Thanks  Grin
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 04, 18:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I often wondered if that was because relationship gains were spread around more. If six sims sit around together talking, would each of their small gains be equal to the larger gains only two sims would experience?

Yeah, it seems they've really rather decreased the amount of relationship gain from mealtalking.  I haven't studied it much but it seems less than chatting, which it was effectively the equivalent of in TS2.
Jaeger
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 04, 20:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway to make the meal times short and long? My sim is taking an awful long time eating in the morning right before work (even just the quick meals) but just right time at dinner. Also, could you make it, if simmie is alone, eat the rugular speed and if with a group, eat the long time?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 05, 07:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jaeger you could try having them have a quick meal, like cereal or juice or something, or if you want super fast just eat a piece of fruit like an apple. It's less filling but that's not a huge deal in the morning before work or school because they they will have lunch later on anyway which fills the bar all the way up, so you just have to tide them over until that.

Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 06, 08:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, could you make it, if simmie is alone, eat the regular speed and if with a group, eat the long time?

No.

Also, quick meals are unmodded.  If they're taking longer, something has gone wrong in O-town, since I intentionally tried not to touch them.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: