More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:49:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  More Investment Opportunities
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Investment Opportunities  (Read 11712 times)
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
More Investment Opportunities
« on: 2009 June 28, 01:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can now Invest,Buyout:

The Mausoleum
Military Base
Police Station
School
City Hall

Titles appear in Inventory & you can collect money once per week.

If this has been already done,what can I say,newbie here.

* Investments.zip (4.4 KB - downloaded 598 times.)
Viscountess
kiki
Assgrabber
Stupid Schlemiel

ENTP - RULER

View Profile
Re: More Investment Opportunities
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 28, 01:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, the Mausoleum I get and to a certain extent the school (ie: buying them a new wing) but why would you buy "State Assets" like the Police Station, City Hall or the Military Base? I mean, it works for if you want to play a corruption game where you work a sim up to owning a town Mafia-style, but realistically those things are public / government ventures and not privately owned or operated.

"I feel sorry for people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they'll feel all day." - Dean Martin
<Pescado>   Because hey, sometimes you have fun, and sometimes fun has you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 28, 02:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the school might be privately operated, but buying the CITY HALL, the POLICE DEPARTMENT, and the MILITARY? Even if you're enabling them to be bought for corruption purposes, they're still not PROFITABLE institutions that you can COLLECT MONEY from. Since when has the MILITARY ever made a PROFIT?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

The bitter sinner from Purgatory

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 28, 02:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Directly not, but you know how this works these days.

Life is too short to taste it out all alone, but you have to!
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 28, 03:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the school might be privately operated, but buying the CITY HALL, the POLICE DEPARTMENT, and the MILITARY? Even if you're enabling them to be bought for corruption purposes, they're still not PROFITABLE institutions that you can COLLECT MONEY from. Since when has the MILITARY ever made a PROFIT?
What would happen with the military is you'd give $20,000 to grease a general's elbows.  Then he grants you no-bid contracts on mowing the lawn and stuff and has the government pay you $7K every week for it.  He's happy because he got money in his pocket, you are happy because you got money in your pocket... and the kid down the street is happy because you gave him $20 to do the actual mowing.  Win win win for everyone! (besides maybe those pesky tax payers)
dllmrobinson
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 28, 04:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Libbertarians take over the land of the Sims, and the military and police go on sale to the highest bidder.

Wacky and fun* libertarian questionaire for context:  http://www.bcaplan.com/cgi-bin/purity.cgi

(* It's wacky, but fun was a lie.)
Mimic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 29, 11:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you could be putting admission fee for people who want to tour these places.. not that anyone ever does.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 29, 12:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wacky and fun* libertarian questionaire for context:  http://www.bcaplan.com/cgi-bin/purity.cgi

(* It's wacky, but fun was a lie.)

That quiz is fail, because
a) All of the questions are either extremely vague ("Are you for free trade?") or are questions that should really be a sliding scale rather than yes/no.  The result is that everyone who is not a rabid extremist is going to say yes to all of the former and no to all of the latter.
b) All of the questions depend heavily on the current state of the governmental spending, etc.  "Should the military budget be cut?" for example, is very different question when asked under the Bush administration versus the Obama administration.

To go back on topic, here, I think it would be neat to be able to buy out "public" buildings like the school and the military, but instead of money the sim should get something else - like the ability to decide how to educate the children, or something.  It doesn't really make sense, otherwise.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 29, 15:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't Kim Basinger do this in Georgia somewhere?
jeffreyc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 19, 05:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! I've been wanting more business ventures! This is a great step also in fully new businesses to buy into. Good work! Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: