More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:54:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Facts & Strategery
| | |-+  How can we de-lard fat townies?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How can we de-lard fat townies?  (Read 31697 times)
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
Re: How can we de-lard fat townies?
« Reply #25 on: 2009 July 10, 17:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't care about healthy or unhealthy, I just want their to be some point to the desserts.  It annoys me that they are just like any other meal, and you might as well ignore them.  Except for Baked Angel Food, of course, since it gives you an extra +Warmth moodlet.

Or contrarywise, you can subsist on nothing but desserts, but that feels wrong.

I can justify mentally some things that have no in-game reason, like eating breakfast foods at breakfast and dinners at night, rather than having lobster for breakfast every morning.  I just can't manage that with desserts, because dessert and dinner are an either-or situation.  Eat one, don't eat the other.  If you eat both, you gain no additional moodlet, and just force your Sim to get fat pointlessly.

As I've said before, ideally you'd want some additional benefit to eating both, like stacked moods, but at the cost of fat points.  But that's not going to fit into the existing code.

Next-best, I suppose, would be higher moodlets for dessert, but automatic fat even if you're not stuffed.  I'm not sure that's doable either.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 July 12, 08:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So basically, yeah, getting overstuffed on salad and fruit like the sims do in this game is stupid. There's a huge difference between being overstuffed on fruits and vegetables vs being overstuffed on cakes and pies but the game doesn't consider this at all.
Well, in real life, you can't actually overeat on salad because salad is composed entirely of indigestable cellulose and you will get absolutely nothing out of eating it. If you eat nothing but salad, you starve to death. They must use a lot of dressing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 July 12, 09:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to mod foods so each fulfills hunger differently? We could then feed them on salads and stuff that don't fulfill their hunger meter fully so they will stay in shape for longer. Though it is good having all foods fulfill hunger fully, it's less time consuming.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 12, 10:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to mod foods so each fulfills hunger differently? We could then feed them on salads and stuff that don't fulfill their hunger meter fully so they will stay in shape for longer. Though it is good having all foods fulfill hunger fully, it's less time consuming.

Eating a single meal past the hunger bar does not cause weight gain, so having a less satisfying food makes little sense.  Sims only get fat if they eat a different plate of food while full, (or, I believe, eating a second plate of food that subsequently pushes them past full), which will also give them the "stuffed" moodlet.

If you want quick hunger satisfaction, go for a quick meal. 

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 12, 15:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's just if you eat twice within a certain time period. I had a sim once cancel eating his food, get up and take a call. His food bar was not filled. When he went back to finish the same plate of half eaten food he got overstuffed.  Roll Eyes

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: