More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 09:33:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  types of gemstones?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: types of gemstones?  (Read 16808 times)
DentedLemons
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: types of gemstones?
« Reply #25 on: 2009 June 27, 18:21:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After a couple levels, law enforcement career should also let you rummage in trash cans.
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 June 27, 18:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no slob and/or insane journalists at the moment but my neat freak did just start a job in law enforcement, so I'm hopeful.  Thanks all.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2009 June 27, 18:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, teens can definitely rummage in the neighbours' bins, the option is there for both of the teens in my current household. (One Neurotic, Absent-Minded, Easily Impressed, Green Thumb and the other Insane, Loner, Evil, Artistic. The second teen also has the option on the home bin.) So it's not linked to career, as far as I can tell. (But the career might enable it for sims that otherwise can't?)

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2009 June 27, 18:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What were their parents' careers?

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2009 June 27, 18:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mad Scientists, both of them. The mother was married to a sim that has reached level 10 in both Journalism and Law Enforcement (as well as several other careers... and is yet to become an adult. Epic lifespan is epic.) but they shouldn't inherit anything from him, he's not their father.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2009 June 27, 19:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird. I'm going to go play in a bit to see what my sims can do regarding rummaging in bins Cheesy

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 June 27, 23:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macro Collect Rocks. You'll find tons of the damn things.

You're not kidding. I had my dirt-poor YA sim collect rocks for about a sim week, sell them without getting any of them cut, and was able to move her to a §60,000+ house.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 June 28, 00:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time any sim other than slob or insane can rummage in trash (in my game anyway) is when they are in the Journalism career path. They have to rummage to get 'dirt' on their neighbours and friends and then write articles on them. I've never had a sim without those traits be able to rummage in bins for no apparent reason.

In my game, (pre-made YA) Christopher Steel is able to rummage in trash.  He doesn't have slob or insane and has never had a job.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 June 28, 02:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is he a mooch? I've never played one, but it seems logical that mooches could steal people's garbage.

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 June 28, 02:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is he a mooch? I've never played one, but it seems logical that mooches could steal people's garbage.

No.  Great Kisser, Daredevil, Natural Cook, Friendly, Angler.  I also added Loves Outdoors very recently, since he spends most of his time outside, but I believe that he was able to rummage before I gave him that trait.

His wife is a Mooch, but I've never tried having her rummage... let me see what happens. ETA: Yes, she can rummage too.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 28, 03:19:56 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 June 28, 02:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, teens can definitely rummage in the neighbours' bins, the option is there for both of the teens in my current household. (One Neurotic, Absent-Minded, Easily Impressed, Green Thumb and the other Insane, Loner, Evil, Artistic. The second teen also has the option on the home bin.) So it's not linked to career, as far as I can tell. (But the career might enable it for sims that otherwise can't?)
Neat sims cannot do it, unless their career requires it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 June 28, 05:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time any sim other than slob or insane can rummage in trash (in my game anyway) is when they are in the Journalism career path. They have to rummage to get 'dirt' on their neighbours and friends and then write articles on them. I've never had a sim without those traits be able to rummage in bins for no apparent reason.
Kleptos can do it on neighbor lots, but not their own without the insane trait.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 June 28, 06:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a rainbow gem completely randomly by exploring the catacombs under the masoleum in the cemetary. My sim was done there for quite some time. He also found a book I hadn't come across before and got scared by a zombie bear who popper out of a coffin.  Cheesy

It was probably random but it's at least possible to get rainbow gems that way. The message even said something to the effect of 'More people would probably explore the catacombs if they knew they could find a rainbow gem down there'.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 June 28, 14:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my sim is neat so that would explain why she can't do it.  The husband is able to do it (although he couldn't the first few times I tried...I did end up changing his traits via "mid life crisis") and all he found were multiple bags of garbage, some newspapers and 2 copies of the novel his wife had written.  Apparently the neighbors didn't think it was that good Tongue
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 June 28, 19:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neat sims cannot do it, unless their career requires it.

My neat mad scientist sim can rummage through bins, but I gave him the Neat trait via AwesomeMod. He didn't have it originally. Also, being a mad scientist seems to make you able to rummage trash, regardless of traits, even though the career doesn't require it. Maybe mad scientist sims are given hidden behaviors for being "mad."

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: