More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:23:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Thanks to awesomemod my gay male couple are now expecting!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Thanks to awesomemod my gay male couple are now expecting!  (Read 7377 times)
simplyg
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Thanks to awesomemod my gay male couple are now expecting!
« on: 2009 June 26, 11:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been searching and trying to use every trick in the book to force a male pregnancy for my gay male couple.  Deleted females from the town and played other families hoping the game would just generate a child for them. To no avail.

They had already adopted and but they also used a surrogate and the baby only had one father's traits.  They wanted a child of their own, and one of them kept having the wish to have a baby and have a first child.

After I installed awesomemod I figured out that I could pull up the cas (cheat code entry) and type in editsim.  I was able to switch one male's gender to a female just long enough to try for a baby and they got pregnant immediately. I then switched him back to a male and he is now pregnant and with the invisible body of course.

Anyway, just wanted to thank the creator of awesomemod! It was driving me crazy.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Thanks to awesomemod my gay male couple are now expecting!
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 26, 13:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suggested this workaround in another thread, though I suggested leaving the sim female until the delivery to avoid Floating Head Syndrome. I'm glad it works, so that I don't have to test it. Pregnant males squick me out. It's unnatural, I tells ya!

Edit to add more information.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 27, 00:24:39 by chaos » Logged

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 26, 17:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pregnant males squick me out. It's unnatural, I tells ya!

Unless, of course, you are a seahorse.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 26, 18:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to be fair, male seahorses carry their spawn in a bumbag, they're not exactly pregnant.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 26, 18:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Male pregnancy is possible in the basegame, I have seen someone show that a gay couple neighbors they gave birth at a party the active household invited them to. Not sure how it happened though. I predict it has to do with the Eaxian fail of Story mode.
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 26, 19:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or Thomas Beatie.

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
simplyg
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 26, 19:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that he is pregnant and has an invisible body, the game hangs every time I try to edit him for clothing.  Pregnancy won't last long so I'm not real worried about it.  A new mesh would be nice though.

It was interesting with the surrogate for my other child.  I created her with the traits I wanted for the combination, and moved her in to the two married men's house.  When she gave birth, one man was listed as the father and the other the stepfather.  I like the way they thought that one out.

BTW, I don't see much by the way of natural in this game, considering life fruit, death fish, plant sims, vampires, and cars that disappear into your pocket Kiss
Zouflain
Blathering Buffoon

"Who set all these labmonkeys free?!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 26, 22:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never did the male-male thing, but it's nice to know for lesbian couples who want to have children via in vitro fertilization.  Thanks for the tip.

PS: Pipefish is allegedly another example.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 26, 22:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try this next. I have a gay couple (my generated sim managed to "snag" that slob Parker Langerak) who have been taking random females from town to the science center and doing the "try for baby in test chamber" routine. They have about 10 kids between them right now, but they both keep rolling wished to have a baby with each other.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 27, 00:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW, I don't see much by the way of natural in this game, considering life fruit, death fish, plant sims, vampires, and cars that disappear into your pocket

Yeah, the natural argument never worked well for for the fact that so many bizarre, unnatural things happen in the Sims as it is.  As someone who tries to play realistically, the only explanation I can give is that I can't see a pregnant man as being a man at all - it's to the effect of him having a sex change.  That's where the creepy part comes in.  But hey, if you can look beyond this, more power to you.  Sometimes, I wish I could. Undecided
Sausage
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 28, 01:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried this. I used the "disableclothingfilter on" command and changed his everyday outfit to tighty whiteys with no shirt before the impregnation and he wore them until the baby was hatched. He did not suffer floating head syndrome. He didn't get a belly bump but he did waddle around with his back arched. His family was able to use all the normal pregnancy interactions.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 28, 17:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried this. I used the "disableclothingfilter on" command and changed his everyday outfit to tighty whiteys with no shirt before the impregnation and he wore them until the baby was hatched. He did not suffer floating head syndrome. He didn't get a belly bump but he did waddle around with his back arched. His family was able to use all the normal pregnancy interactions.

Just did the same thing, worked as you said. Some funky stuff with Parker's avatar looking like his female-self even after remaking him male, but that changed back after a bit. Of course I had given both the guys the fertility treatment, so they had triplet boys.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: