More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:50:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Error codes 12 and 13 along with crashing.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Error codes 12 and 13 along with crashing.  (Read 238644 times)
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Re: Error codes 12 and 13 along with crashing.
« Reply #325 on: 2010 April 03, 21:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did some more experiments : varying depth of the pond doesn't seem to matter.  Removing the fence also doesn't seem to matter.  What DOES matter seems to be the size and shape of the pond.  error code 12 disappears when I increase the pond size to 4x4 squares.

I'm sure the game requires a certain amount of space for fishing animations.  You might want to try your well with the swimming pool, instead of a pond. 
jjsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2010 April 04, 17:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure the game requires a certain amount of space for fishing animations.  You might want to try your well with the swimming pool, instead of a pond. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  That is known to me, for example, for certain pond size, path finding will have a problem with finding a good place to fish... BUT it is still possible to find "sweet spots", where you can always fish if you move the sim there.  But this time, it is the first time I get an error code 12 from ponds.  It could be changes introduced in WA expansion as I had never had this problem in base game (always w awesomemod).

Posting this here as a "community service" in case somebody else having similar problems.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2010 April 08, 19:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm wrong, but E12/E13 should go completely away by doing the CFF Explorer mod and the other changes for 32-bit Windows to take advantage of it (if you're still on 32-bit).
I used to get them 2-3 times a day.  Now with my save file being ridiculously huge and taking so long to load, I never close out the game any more.  I just minimize it and put the computer to sleep when I'm not using it.  I've got two machines like this with game sessions that have been going on for weeks with no problems.  I haven't seen an E12/E13 for around 3 months now.

I'm almost certain if you do the CFF Explorer mod correctly, your E12/E13s will go away completely no matter what you do in game.
GlamGirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2010 April 18, 19:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been having a lot of problems recently with error 12 and 13, but what is even more infuriating are the crashes during a save!   Angry

I downloaded and installed CFF Explorer last night - I have Windows 7, 64 bit with 8 gb of RAM.  This morning I played for a while, and of course I'm still in the habit of saving every 10-15 minutes, usually with the 2nd or 3rd save CTD on me - but surprisingly, I was able to play for about 2 hours, doing multiple saves without any problems at all!   Cheesy   Btw, when I say I played for 2 hours - I chose to quit, it wasn't forced upon me.  Been a long while since that's happened.

Thanks for posting this potential fix - I hope I don't jinx myself by saying this but it seems to have made a positive difference.  I can play again!
Rockerduck
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2011 September 16, 09:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for error 12....

... I'm reasonably certain it's somehow tied to lots. Sometimes I've been able to save after deleting a recently added lot or another custom lot. Mind you, all of them played fine but the game doesn't necessarily make sense. I continue getting a 12 all the time now, which (for me) seems to always be the case after playing a family for a while. Whenever it gives me a 12 I try to bulldoze random lots until it lets me save, but sometimes it will simply crash. Yay.

"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."
— Lemony Snicket
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2011 September 16, 14:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might try the NRaas mod Overwatch which gives you the option to reset individual lots and items in addition to a nightly neighborhood clean up.
« Last Edit: 2011 September 16, 14:23:40 by Eeyore » Logged

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Rockerduck
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2011 September 19, 18:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will do, though I seem to remember I used to have it installed and it couldn't prevent evil error 12. Which is still a mystery to me, and very annoying, to say the least.

"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."
— Lemony Snicket
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2011 September 20, 02:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, necromancy much?

Error 12 is a RAM issue. Don't wait too long in between saves, don't make lakes too deep, and don't put too much crap on a single lot.
Overwatch cleans up crap so it can help, but also try setting an autosave feature (either twallan's or Awesomemod's) to a shorter time period. Also try to choose "Save as..." and re-naming it something different.
If you have too many memories, try to cut back on them, or annihilate non-sacred sims to minimize the space needed to save the neighborhood.

I was sure the topic of Error 12 was figured out already, but maybe I'm mistaken.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2011 October 06, 23:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 3.25 gigs of RAM. How much RAM do you need?

INTP.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2011 October 07, 00:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 4 gigs of RAM and very occasionally get this. Awesome mod's autosave feature has cut it out almost entirely.

I sing along with elevator music.
Versus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2011 October 07, 00:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 4GB of ram, but a 32-bit OS, so it's more like 3.3GB. I did the fix at MTS (manually editing using the command prompt) and haven't had error code 12 since.
Keyz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2012 January 02, 21:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, i have "classic" problem.
When i am trying to "save" or "save as"  SIMS 3, Error 12 will appear. I can only  save the game  once - tree times (sometime) I guess that is memory problem,
(Low system memory) but what i tested it is not. I disabled Virtual Memory so program was force to use RAM.I had only 1,5 GB of RAM full 1,75 GB was free.
So no problem with full RAM.

I enabled Virtual memory and tryed different values, but without effect.
I set .exe file to use more than 2GB RAM, but without effect.
I also deleted Save Games,Cache ets. withou effect.

-In description "World was built on an average PC, 2.4GHz Intel Core2 Duo, 2GB RAM. It should be playable on the average PC."

So my HW should by ok.

-Can anybody tell why this Error 12 will appear and how to fix it? I can not play this neiborhood and some peope can, so there have to
be solution. It si really disappointing that i can not play this  neiborhood or any big neirborhood.

--------------------------
My HW and mods:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3,00 GHz
Nvidia GTX 260 896MB, Driver Version 285.58
4 GB RAM ( i have 32-Bit system so i can use 3,25 GB)
Windows XP  SP3 32-bit
--------------------
Mods:C:\Documents and Settings\Keyz\Dokumenty\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
awesome.package
aweconf.package
velocitygrass_only_important_memories.package
NoBuildSparkles.package
nointro.package
-----------------------------
+UnionCove ( installed via Sim 3 launcher.)

Downloader from:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/unioncove/

Sorry for Necromancy but it is important for me.

Edit.: I Solved problem with /3GB /USERVA=2800

« Last Edit: 2012 January 03, 19:48:07 by Keyz » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: