Error codes 12 and 13 along with crashing.

<< < (25/68) > >>

AlexanderMorgan:
After reading through most of your posts i think we can all come to the safe conclusion that this game although fantastic in concept is profoundly flawed in execution. To have hours of work of building an interior planning and designing and gameplay sunk into some ridiculous errors and crashes popping out every 15 minutes is appalling. I knew something was gonna be wrong with the game development when i read that "Sims 3 is being pushed from the original release date in Feb to June 2009". The official statement was that EA wanted more anticipation lol, but everyone with common sense knew that something was wrong, and that the game was not yet ready to release cause of lack of furnishing. Even with the extra 6 months core errors, like the limited music channels, instability, memory leaks and the goddamn error codes were not solved. I'm not blaming any dev in ea for this, i bet they did the best they could, but look at the gaming community now desperately trying out to sort out their problems and doing their job. Outside ppl work out solutions for the work pusher problem and the music and these blasted errors that are becoming a frustrating nuisance and whatnot. It's been months since the release and i would have thought solutions to each and everyone of these problems would have been found by now. Too bad. Luckly, you guys are persistent and have admiring resolve in making your game and the game of the rest of the community improve as best as you can. Keep at it :)

Steele:
Some additional information:

When error 13 strikes, going back to the main menu and reloading an earlier save file of the same neighborhood, error 13 will still persist.

However, instead of loading the same neighborhood (in my case Sunset Valley), I loaded Riverview, the game saved fine.

After saving a few times in Riverview, going back to the main menu and reloading Sunset Valley, error 13 is still there.

Now, it's now clear to me that the problem is somehow resident within the cache files. With the object.package and sim.package caches has bloated to 208Mb and 216Mb, I may try some more experimentations on it. Namely, delete the files while the game is loaded and see what havoc happens.

Edit:
Another thing to try before that is to replace the objectcache file and see if all these 3 cache files will stack.

I've been browsing the default.ini and sims3.ini file in the game directory and there's a lot of memory limit values specified. It's possible that these limit is what's enforcing the errors to persist. Since if memory and cache usage hits the maximum, it may affect additional processes like file saving. I'm not very sure what values to set for the cache limit sizes. Anybody willing to try and suggest.

In the default.ini file these entries, I think are relevant.
[Script]
Multithreaded=1
HeapSize = 30720

[Resources]
CacheBudget=209715200

[FrameDatabase]
BlockSize=30720

[CAS]
CompositorCacheSize = 104857600
SimCompositorCacheSize = 524288000
WorldCompositorCacheSize = 524288000
SimWorldCompositorCacheSize = 524288000

[Config]
DBCacheSubdirName   = DCCache
DBCacheMaxSizeMB   = 200
CrashDumpLocation = \\nido\crashdumps\Sims3
ExportBinSubdirName = Library
InstalledWorldsSubdirName = InstalledWorlds
InstallationRequired = 0

And in the sims3.ini file:
[ResourceSystem]
MemoryUsageLimit = 20000000

The values may differ with different computer setups.

bigpooh:
The only way to resolve error code 13 once you get it is to save your sims and homes to the bin and create an new sunset valley.

I did this, and out of pure curiosity i placed back all the custom lots and all 5 of my family lots in my new sunset valley, exactly where they were in my old error 13 sunset valley just to see is i could reproduce another error. So far i haven't gotten an error.

I should note: In my error 13 hood the lifespan was on epic and there had been no deaths in the town since i started playing. There were however a lot of births which may or may not have contributed towards the error. My new town is the default sunset valley with all the eaxis sims (much smaller population) and homes unmodded  with the exception of the lots i had to bulldoze and replace with my upgraded versions of the default homes which i was playing in, in my old town. The custom homes went back into their empty res lots.

Slymenstra:
I decided to try to get those 2 other cache files to load since I was only spawning the objects and through some deleting I got both files to spawn, and removed any cache in the main directory (The sunsetvalley.objectcache thing).

Now I do still get a few error 12s but not nearly as much as I did when I had the ObjectCache file in the main directory.

I am still erroring at Birthdays, and my save files are still going from 47 mb to erroring at 57+ mb.  It's become beyond frustrating. I'm really tired of playing the same damn 15 minutes over and over again.  I just hate to have to start a new neighborhood when I just got started and like this one.

Steele:
Quote from: bigpooh on 2009 September 16, 15:02:45

The only way to resolve error code 13 once you get it is to save your sims and homes to the bin and create an new sunset valley.

Yes that is the easiest way if you're not interested in keeping legacy and family history. There are players who play the game because of the legacy aspects of the game. Putting families into the bin erases all family ties outside of the household.

Unless someone comes up with a legacy saver mod, legacy players will not opt for this method. I, for one have 15 generations and playing on long scale. It would really be a big waste of time and effort to lose all that, without trying to preserve it.

Quote from: slymenstra on 2009 September 16, 15:10:49

I am still erroring at Birthdays, and my save files are still going from 47 mb to erroring at 57+ mb.  It's become beyond frustrating. I'm really tired of playing the same damn 15 minutes over and over again.  I just hate to have to start a new neighborhood when I just got started and like this one.

The game has some issues with aging. I have sims that are already in their graves and the game tells me that they are too old and nearing death. I even have a sim aged from YA to Adult and the hair loaded is for children, so that sim is walking around with her hair on her waist.

Try saving 1 day or 1/2 day before or after aging. Sometimes it will bypass the aging glitch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page