More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 09:25:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Error codes 12 and 13 along with crashing.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Error codes 12 and 13 along with crashing.  (Read 239873 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Error codes 12 and 13 along with crashing.
« Reply #100 on: 2009 September 11, 15:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am investigating what the cause of constantly growing save files is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 September 11, 17:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just finished cleaning out the neighborhood. Restocking the neighborhood

I have only 1 lot left with 8 sims and no other community and residential lots remaining. I still get error 12s. This is getting ridiculous.

I have retried the clean up process and these are my savefile sizes:
Starting 128 Mb
Removed Neighbor sims (raptured and destroyed NPCs and townies) 116 Mb
Cleaned up lots except for player lot 85 Mb
Restored Default Sunset Valley empty residential lots and community lots 95.3 Mb
Dumped default sunset valley residents with houses 122 Mb
Ran the game for 1 minute real time 123 Mb

edit: Starting a blank sunset valley is already 34 Mb
so the 51 Mb may consist of the following sizes for:
   8 sims (maybe 1-3 Mb)
   the House (3-5 Mb)
   the rest might be town data (genealogy, sim location markers and such.). I would guess 20-30 Mb might be for dead sims, since only the urns/graves are deleted not the sim itself.

It would be nice if there's a mod to regenerate deleted/missing urns and gravestones from dead sims.

Right now I am really tempted to delete the Sunset Valley.Objectcache file in the main game directory. The file is 979 Mb. I'm just guessing it is similar to the files located in the worldcaches directory.

Edit: deleted it. The game seems to run okay. Saving is okay, no errors so far (crossing fingers). Textures seems to load slowly around 1 minute to load moving from room to room. Quit the game, so far the file has not regenerated. Will check the town tomorrow if there are any changes without this file.

Edit 9/12: I've been reading in some forums that this Objectcache file causes installation problems for some users. could it be also possible that this cache does not get refreshed resulting in the error? So far from what I experienced, this file stores the texture data of objects, thus making the rendering smooth and unoticable as the game focuses from room to room. Only objects textures appear gray and blank, sims are not affected, probably they are in another file.

Also the objectcache file is standard at 979 Mb upon installation which in my guess probably is the limit cache size available. I'm not sure what will happen if a blank objectcache file is introduced, would it increase in size during use or a worthless decoration in the cache folder.

The Riverview cache is more dynamic, if you erase the cache, the game regenerates 2 files whenever you re-load a save game. If sunset valley also has this kind of a file maybe the errors could be reduced.

EDIT #3 Making a blank objectcache file the graphics and textures ran smoothly, the town's textures seems fully rendered. I quit the game and checked the objectcache file is still 0 Mb, but what surprised me is that there were 2 new generated files in my worldcaches folder. Before it only had 2 both for riverview, now Sunset Valley_objects.package and Sunset Valley_sims.package files are generated.

Now I'm thinking maybe without these files that I'm experiencing error 12 and 13 as my file size goes up. Does anybody else who are experiencing error 12 and 13 lack these files also?

EDIT #4 With these 2 new cache files my save and quitting time has been reduced to 1/4 of the usual time for me to undergo these actions. Could it really be that error 12 and 13 as well as long saving times are attributed to generation failure of these 2 files when starting a new town?

Right now my save game size is 126Mb the Sunset Valley_objects.package is 117 Mb and Sunset Valley_sims.package is 50.5 Mb
« Last Edit: 2009 September 12, 10:01:45 by Steele » Logged
bigpooh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 September 12, 14:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'm thinking maybe without these files that I'm experiencing error 12 and 13 as my file size goes up. Does anybody else who are experiencing error 12 and 13 lack these files also?[/color]

EDIT #4 With these 2 new cache files my save and quitting time has been reduced to 1/4 of the usual time for me to undergo these actions. Could it really be that error 12 and 13 as well as long saving times are attributed to generation failure of these 2 files when starting a new town?

Right now my save game size is 126Mb the Sunset Valley_objects.package is 117 Mb and Sunset Valley_sims.package is 50.5 Mb

I just check (have been getting error code 13) and i am missing the 2 sunset cache files too. Im going to try out your method now.

On a completely unrelated note. In my .bad save town, the sim i created spawned a NPC double and became friends with herself and can even invite the clone over to hang out. I want to save this town more than ever now that sims can self generate clones Smiley

Update: i thought this had fixed the problem but the next day got an error code 13. However, the game does load up and save faster now.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 14, 15:27:14 by bigpooh » Logged
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 September 14, 16:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you create a blank SunsetValley.ObjectsCache file?

EDIT: Used a lower case c for the word cache, and it works now. Wowee, minor details are everything  Tongue

Testing this now then.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 14, 16:40:54 by tizerist » Logged
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 September 14, 16:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not to date had an error 12 or error 13 in my game, so I thought I'd test to see what effect Steele's findings have in my game. Firstly, my Sunset Valley.objectCache file is the same size as it originally was- 979Mb. My game is not writing to this file, and the only world cache files I had were for Riverview.
I replaced this file with a zero byte file named Sunset Valley.objectCache, and ran the game. I had a Sunset Valley_objects.package file created in my World Cache folder, but no matter how long I played for I did not get a Sunset Valley_sims.package file. I did not enter CAS at all though. I noticed no difference in speed of rendering in my game- it was fairly quick before, and seemed no faster with the Sunset Valley_objects.package as the cache file once it was fully built. I'm guessing that the game is designed to normally use the Sunset Valley.objectCache, and if this is damaged or corrupted in any way then it will generate the package version of the cache in the userdata folder instead. It seems possible that the cache information that varies from the Sunset Valley.objectCache file is stored in the compositor caches that reside in the userdata folder, though I don't know of any way to see what these files contain. My version of Sunset Valley varies very little from the original; I have left all of the community lots and most of the residential lots as they were, and have just built on vacant lots. Therefore that may be one of the reasons why I've not seen any save errors; it seems strange to have a cache file that is referenced by the game and yet not written to. Perhaps the ideal situation would be for the Sunset Valley.objectCache file to be used as a template for generating the Sunset Valley_objects.package, as it took a long time to cache the information initially.
I'm not sure why I couldn't get the sim cache to generate. If anyone is having the Sunset Valley.objectCache written to, it would be interesting to see what happens if they make the file read only.
Spacemouse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 September 14, 16:52:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a code 13 two or three times. Now I'm saving every 30 minutes, just to be sure.

EA knows about these problems because the codes are mentioned at the end of the readme.txt file that comes with the game.

If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 September 14, 17:24:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not to date had an error 12 or error 13 in my game. My version of Sunset Valley varies very little from the original; I have left all of the community lots and most of the residential lots as they were
You could be onto something there.

just a thought then, if a player bulldozes their town bit by bit, the replacement buildings will mean that the game has to cache the new information for Sunset Valley, but if the cache file is always 979mb, then it could just be a dead - or unreachable - file.
The cache information fails to, well, cache  Tongue and problems are perhaps arising from this.

Does anyone get 12's or 13's in Riverview by the way?
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 September 14, 18:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the replacing the cache file, and my game only created the objects file not the sims file.  I tried going into CAS and making people, it never appeared.  I am still getting error 12s, a few CTDs, and once a totally frozen game.  I have never played Riverview, so I can't say if I would get error 12s there.  I should try that out.

Each time I noticed my file was saving at 47 mb, then when I would get error 12 I would check the bad file and it was 57+ mbs.  When I went back to my last save and played again doing exactly the same thing the file size saved at the regular 47 mb.  So I think there is an error somewhere and it is blowing the file size up.

My only solution has been to set my game to autosave every 15 minutes using 2 save file names.  When I get a good save I immediately go and copy the file to another folder.  This way I only lose 15 minutes and so far that has worked well for me.  What a sucky error.  Like groundhogs day!
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 September 14, 18:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I made some mistakes in the my earlier post. Seeing the timestamps on the files Sunset Valley_objects.package and Sunset Valley_sims.package the file was saved when before I inserted the empty objectCache file. So basically, these 2 package files are a replacement if the objectCache file is damaged.

Also another mistake, when you replace the objectCache file either the 979Mb or the empty one. The game accesses the empty objectCache file over the created package file. Though the performance is the same.

The Sunset Valley_sims.package file is delicate. Everytime you erase this file to refresh the cache, you risk crashing the game. If the game fails to generate enough space for this cache. Your sims will turn invisible and some may refuse to do any interactions and eventually hanging or crashing the game.

One thing I noticed is that the objectCache file is static and cannot be written, I'm thinking that it's sort of a virtual drive / pagefile that allocates 1Gb for the game.

Comparing it to the 2 package files these two are dynamic, they change size in every time the world map is loaded. The trend I see on these files is that they get bigger every use.

When the 2 package files are available and you replace the objectCache file, The game seems to run faster for me at the expense of disk space. One thing I also noticed the package files will become static once the objectCache file is detected. It's very hard to tell (within my ability) if they are being accessed as additional cache for the game or not.

I'm not playing riverview so I could not compare if riverview has lesser events of error 12 or 13. But one thing I noticed in the last 2 days testing, I have lesser error 12 or 13 than I was having before. The main difference is that to before I get error 13s more than 12 as compared before. Whenever I try the my previous methods in correcting error 13, error 12 then replaces it.

One thing I am observing now is the behavior on what actions or interactions promote the errors.
 -The common actions I made that resulted in errors in repetitive tries is when I add more decorations to the existing home or planting some money tree seeds.
 -One common event in my case results in the errors, it is when 5 hours before or after any sim in the lot ages up.

I've just finished searching through the other forums on what others are doing to resolve the errors, and one thing suggested was to change households and save from there. Seems logical since even just 1 household left in the map, I still get the errors. If this method works, my current suspect right would probably be either:
1. There is a really buggy sim in the lot causing the error.
2. The lot is so big (obejcts, textures, etc.) that the cache could not allocate enough memory.
3. Lot size could also be a factor. Before I was playing on the 5x6 lot beside stoney falls then I transfered to a 6x6 lot. I get more errors on the bigger lot than the slightly smaller one. I'm not sure if players playing a 4x4 or smaller lot get the errors also.
4. EA needs to fix how the game saves.

Honestly, I dread the thought that it is the saving engine that's faulty. I could just image the save file size on EP7 could reach 1Gb+. Then again, I might be dead from stress and high blood if this problem isn't resolved after the 2nd EP is released.

Funny thing is EA is very silent about these error code problem. I think maybe they also don't know what's causing the problem and they're trying to learn from the players. Or they are all busy trying to make World Adventures to work and stop crashing.

Another thing I am planning to test is to create a new map and stop aging and keep an eye on the save file size. My purpose is to see if playing with the same population increases the game size, then replacing population as forcing a certain number of sims to expire. And also log if error 12 and 13 occurs if the neighborhood population is controlled.

One thing I might also consider trying is to move to a smaller low cost lot and observe the game performance. My current lot of 6x6 has a furnished value of 1.5M and unfurnished value of 400k.

I'm putting out these information that maybe a pattern might be established or additional ideas that was not considered or already tested that did not work.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 September 14, 21:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I noticed is that the objectCache file is static and cannot be written, I'm thinking that it's sort of a virtual drive / pagefile that allocates 1Gb for the game.
It's a straighforward cache of the neighbourhood and lot textures, seemingly.
Can you confirm then, Steele, that the test you have done have all been using the same savegame? So, you do not necessarily get an error 12 or 13 if you start a new Sunset Valley game? Is this hood varied very much from the original Sunset Valley?
It is curious that you get the sim cache file whereas slymenstra and I do not. Tizerist, do you get a Sims cache file?
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 September 14, 21:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tizerist, do you get a Sims cache file?
Yep, as soon as I removed the 979mb file, the two Sunset Valley files appeared, and have been getting larger.
I am in the middle of moving the sims and lots in my SV to a completely fresh hood. Only 3 lots from 93 remained in that hood, and 0 sims, so quite an overhaul.
I'm hoping that the fresh hood, without the 'history' of the EAxis sims and lots will be more stable when the mass imigration is complete. But I must do it slowly, so that I know at which point the errors come back up, if in fact they do.
diana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 September 14, 22:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a little update to the error code issues i've had pretty much since June, which is the month I installed the game. After trying everything I could find to fix error code 12 with no luck, and after installing a new radeon 4870 x2 and still getting error code message, I decided to turn down all the in game graphic features except the sims detail which I've left on high level and since then have only gotten one error code 12 message in two weeks, which is a major improvement for me when you consider I was getting error code 12 messages on every other save and even got to a point of getting the error message on every save.

As much as I hate the look of the game with low level detail settings, its the alternative to not playing at all, or starting a new hood every week.

And just a side note, an Alienware tech who happened to be a hardcore gamer, went into my sims game via remote access and after troubleshooting for 4 hours on the phone to find a fix for the hard crashing and graphics issues, the tech believes the issue is with EA and the fact that the game is incompatible with alot of the graphics cards and also vista 32. Basically they need to make a patch to fix the things  that are causing the errors.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 September 15, 00:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two players on another forum who were having error 12 issues were using Radeon HD 4800 with XP, and Radeon HD 4850 with Vista Home. There are many others, but I don't know their specs. I'm running XP with an ancient Radeon X1600, and I have no problems at all. Perhaps it may be useful to list specs here, further to diana's information?
bigpooh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 September 15, 01:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im running xp 32 with a 4850 and have never had a error code 12.

I have error code 13 which has something to do with me having added 5 custom lots and 2 eaxis with 2 families (all to empty unconverted residential lots) to my previously unmolested sunset valley. Got the 13 a day after adding the last two custom lots.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 September 15, 01:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you confirm then, Steele, that the test you have done have all been using the same savegame? So, you do not necessarily get an error 12 or 13 if you start a new Sunset Valley game? Is this hood varied very much from the original Sunset Valley?
It is curious that you get the sim cache file whereas slymenstra and I do not. Tizerist, do you get a Sims cache file?
Yes it is the same savegame. In many ways the hood has already very different from the original Sunset Valley, though even restoring the original building and residents. Behind the scenes there's a lot of junk underneath, description data of 12 generations of dead sims and other historical data.

If you have the empty objectCache file or the original 979Mb file, the package files will not generate or update. I made a mistake on my 9/11 post, I did not check the time stamps of the file.

In my experience, trying a new sunset valley game does not get an error 12 or 13. Though there are some players who report that they have these errors a few days after making a new hood. Also there's another player who's playing Riverview and she claimed that she gets more frequent error 12 or 13 than her legacy family in Sunset Valley.

As much as I hate the look of the game with low level detail settings, its the alternative to not playing at all, or starting a new hood every week.
For some computers the graphics is causing the problem. In my case, it does not work, setting it to low level makes the game look like a 3D version of sims 1. It's a collector sim's nightmare without the collection helper reward. You won't see the rocks, bugs or butterflies without it. Nighttime is more worse all you see is black in unlighted areas.

I have a niece who's also playing using a laptop. She's been playing sunset valley with aging at epic and un-updated game. No hacks only items from the store. So far she hadn't encountered the error playing since June 2nd. I might take a look at her pc when she brings it one of these days.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 September 15, 02:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am running Vista Home Prem 64bit, 4 gigs of ram, and 2 GeForce 9800 GT.  I have tried the turning down the graphics to crap level and I still get the error.

One thing that I noticed is whenever my Sims "break up" with a Sim and I go to save within a couple minutes of that, I get the error 12.  I was wondering if this has anything to do with it, since with Awesome Mod the sims in the neighborhood are constantly in and out of relationships with the awesome story driver.  Maybe one of them broke up before my save activated.  I also error a ton at birthday parties after the Sim aged.  My neighborhood currently is played Legacy style and they are on their 3rd generation set on Epic aging.  There are 111 sims in the hood.  I do have a ton of custom houses and have edited several community lots.  My Legacy house is 30/40 lot and has a ton of shit in it.

I don't know the first thing about coding so I have no way to find out anything, but I hope this may help someone.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 September 15, 04:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the empty objectCache file or the original 979Mb file, the package files will not generate or update.
The two new files are updating for me, they are getting larger. I thought  it made them generate, not stopped them from generating?  Tongue
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 September 15, 05:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the empty objectCache file or the original 979Mb file, the package files will not generate or update.
The two new files are updating for me, they are getting larger. I thought  it made them generate, not stopped them from generating?  Tongue
The two files are getting larger as the need for cache rises. Sorry for any misunderstanding, in my case, if objectCache file is present, the package files will not generate or update. When the objectCache file is removed, Sunset Valley will generate and update the package files in order to be playable. Same as how the game treats the Riverview hood.

What I do not understand in EA's logic, is why put 2 different cache methods if both will work. And why it is different for Sunset Valley and Riverview. Make me wonder which one of these 2 cache methods are more stable.

So far my package files stopped growing at 280+Mb for the object cache and 160+Mb for the sim cache. Which makes me think that the 979Mb has sufficient allocation for the base game.

One thing that I noticed is whenever my Sims "break up" with a Sim and I go to save within a couple minutes of that, I get the error 12.  I was wondering if this has anything to do with it, since with Awesome Mod the sims in the neighborhood are constantly in and out of relationships with the awesome story driver.  Maybe one of them broke up before my save activated.  I also error a ton at birthday parties after the Sim aged.  My neighborhood currently is played Legacy style and they are on their 3rd generation set on Epic aging.  There are 111 sims in the hood.  I do have a ton of custom houses and have edited several community lots.  My Legacy house is 30/40 lot and has a ton of shit in it.
That's what I also believed in the beginning, but it's so random that I cannot trace what action, event or background apps that's causing the error. But the most common noticeable occurrence in my part is whenever I make additions to the house or when a sim ages.

I'm not also sure if it has to do with some CCs from TSR. The weird stuff is that I find patterns and clothes from TSR loaded into my game that I did not install. I have not been adding new custom content except for Awesomemod updates after purging all the downloaded houses from my game weeks ago.

I have error code 13 which has something to do with me having added 5 custom lots and 2 eaxis with 2 families (all to empty unconverted residential lots) to my previously unmolested sunset valley. Got the 13 a day after adding the last two custom lots.
it's possible that the game may have a unwritten maximum object per lot basis. Or a maximum number of sims per neighborhood dead or alive. With an empty neighborhood except for my legacy family/house. I still get error 13s.

I also think that the game retains all the data for every sim who lived in the hood. In preparation that you might want to resurrect a dead sim back to life. Deleting the tomb stones still retains all the data, The only data that gets broken is the fish caught credit, especially if the fish outlives the sim. Discovered celestial objects record seems to be localized to the sim who discovered it, so if the sim dies it just get buried somewhere. Written books credit gets overwritten if the new author re-uses a book title, the credits for the original author might get overwritten or dumped somewhere in the code. The other information seems to be left intact with the sim data. Sims deleted by the Awesomemod "Destoyall..." command or the NRAAS supercomputer seems to delete all data of the sim.

Oh, the game will also have more frequent error 13s when you are able to make the grim reaper to become part of the household after the update. grim will still vanish physically but spiritually he's still in your lot. all you'll see is his foot shadows and his head when you use the pie menu. If you want the invisible man in your game, that's one way of achieving it.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 September 15, 10:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I do not understand in EA's logic, is why put 2 different cache methods if both will work. And why it is different for Sunset Valley and Riverview. Make me wonder which one of these 2 cache methods are more stable.
I think the one is there if the other fails. It is only by corrupting the original object cache file that the object package file is created. If this file is broken for any reason then the game rebuilds the cache elsewhere, as a contingency.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 September 15, 12:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the one is there if the other fails. It is only by corrupting the original object cache file that the object package file is created. If this file is broken for any reason then the game rebuilds the cache elsewhere, as a contingency.
Yes, I agree that it is for contingency. But why only for Sunset Valley? What about Riverview?

Edit: it just came to me, maybe Riverview was not supposed to be released with the base game. Perhaps it was intended as an add on with the EP. Due to the leak they were forced to release it as a marketing ploy to encourage people to get the original. Thinking about it now, I remember that there were some complains and problems from the players about Riverview.

Funny, I just answered my own question.

Edit #2 Made some observations on the save file sizes. Whenever Error 13 occurs, the save file is 95-98% of a good saved file. If Error 12 occur, the save file size is roughly 58-69% of a good save.

Also Error 13 is resident in the memory and will not go away unless the problem is resolved, or it becomes an error 12, or you reload your game. Going to the main menu and reloading a previous save file will not resolve the problem, you'll get the error 13 when you try to save.

So error 13 may largely be a corruption in the cache or memory. And in the readme says that it's a Post-Save Callback failure, would probably mean that the game saved with errors in it, hence, the almost complete file size.

For error 12 the pattern in my game seems to point to a problem in the current played lot. It could either be a sim with bad description. Debug code "fixall and resetsim (simname)" does not help, NRAAS supercomputer "reset lot" interaction also no effect, Moving and replacing the lot to reset the lot and sims crashes the game most of the time.

Another observation is my ghosts seems to cause some of the problems. I found one of the experimental debug codes which fixes the aging states of sims. Upon running the debug code, I got 14 bad sim descriptions corrected and 13 of them are ghosts of the default sunset graveyard. The game ran 3x longer than my average play time before the dreaded error 13. And the error 13 is somehow triggered by a ghost spawning in my lot. The ghost did not spawn physically, the music played was for ghosts and burglars, since all my sims are still awake then it can only be a ghost.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 15, 18:02:00 by Steele » Logged
AlexanderMorgan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 September 15, 23:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After reading through most of your posts i think we can all come to the safe conclusion that this game although fantastic in concept is profoundly flawed in execution. To have hours of work of building an interior planning and designing and gameplay sunk into some ridiculous errors and crashes popping out every 15 minutes is appalling. I knew something was gonna be wrong with the game development when i read that "Sims 3 is being pushed from the original release date in Feb to June 2009". The official statement was that EA wanted more anticipation lol, but everyone with common sense knew that something was wrong, and that the game was not yet ready to release cause of lack of furnishing. Even with the extra 6 months core errors, like the limited music channels, instability, memory leaks and the goddamn error codes were not solved. I'm not blaming any dev in ea for this, i bet they did the best they could, but look at the gaming community now desperately trying out to sort out their problems and doing their job. Outside ppl work out solutions for the work pusher problem and the music and these blasted errors that are becoming a frustrating nuisance and whatnot. It's been months since the release and i would have thought solutions to each and everyone of these problems would have been found by now. Too bad. Luckly, you guys are persistent and have admiring resolve in making your game and the game of the rest of the community improve as best as you can. Keep at it Smiley
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 September 16, 14:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some additional information:

When error 13 strikes, going back to the main menu and reloading an earlier save file of the same neighborhood, error 13 will still persist.

However, instead of loading the same neighborhood (in my case Sunset Valley), I loaded Riverview, the game saved fine.

After saving a few times in Riverview, going back to the main menu and reloading Sunset Valley, error 13 is still there.

Now, it's now clear to me that the problem is somehow resident within the cache files. With the object.package and sim.package caches has bloated to 208Mb and 216Mb, I may try some more experimentations on it. Namely, delete the files while the game is loaded and see what havoc happens.

Edit:
Another thing to try before that is to replace the objectcache file and see if all these 3 cache files will stack.

I've been browsing the default.ini and sims3.ini file in the game directory and there's a lot of memory limit values specified. It's possible that these limit is what's enforcing the errors to persist. Since if memory and cache usage hits the maximum, it may affect additional processes like file saving. I'm not very sure what values to set for the cache limit sizes. Anybody willing to try and suggest.

In the default.ini file these entries, I think are relevant.
[Script]
Multithreaded=1
HeapSize = 30720

[Resources]
CacheBudget=209715200

[FrameDatabase]
BlockSize=30720

[CAS]
CompositorCacheSize = 104857600
SimCompositorCacheSize = 524288000
WorldCompositorCacheSize = 524288000
SimWorldCompositorCacheSize = 524288000

[Config]
DBCacheSubdirName   = DCCache
DBCacheMaxSizeMB   = 200
CrashDumpLocation = \\nido\crashdumps\Sims3
ExportBinSubdirName = Library
InstalledWorldsSubdirName = InstalledWorlds
InstallationRequired = 0

And in the sims3.ini file:
[ResourceSystem]
MemoryUsageLimit = 20000000

The values may differ with different computer setups.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 16, 15:24:04 by Steele » Logged
bigpooh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 September 16, 15:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way to resolve error code 13 once you get it is to save your sims and homes to the bin and create an new sunset valley.

I did this, and out of pure curiosity i placed back all the custom lots and all 5 of my family lots in my new sunset valley, exactly where they were in my old error 13 sunset valley just to see is i could reproduce another error. So far i haven't gotten an error.

I should note: In my error 13 hood the lifespan was on epic and there had been no deaths in the town since i started playing. There were however a lot of births which may or may not have contributed towards the error. My new town is the default sunset valley with all the eaxis sims (much smaller population) and homes unmodded  with the exception of the lots i had to bulldoze and replace with my upgraded versions of the default homes which i was playing in, in my old town. The custom homes went back into their empty res lots.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 September 16, 15:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to try to get those 2 other cache files to load since I was only spawning the objects and through some deleting I got both files to spawn, and removed any cache in the main directory (The sunsetvalley.objectcache thing).

Now I do still get a few error 12s but not nearly as much as I did when I had the ObjectCache file in the main directory.

I am still erroring at Birthdays, and my save files are still going from 47 mb to erroring at 57+ mb.  It's become beyond frustrating. I'm really tired of playing the same damn 15 minutes over and over again.  I just hate to have to start a new neighborhood when I just got started and like this one.
Steele
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 September 16, 15:14:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way to resolve error code 13 once you get it is to save your sims and homes to the bin and create an new sunset valley.

Yes that is the easiest way if you're not interested in keeping legacy and family history. There are players who play the game because of the legacy aspects of the game. Putting families into the bin erases all family ties outside of the household.

Unless someone comes up with a legacy saver mod, legacy players will not opt for this method. I, for one have 15 generations and playing on long scale. It would really be a big waste of time and effort to lose all that, without trying to preserve it.

I am still erroring at Birthdays, and my save files are still going from 47 mb to erroring at 57+ mb.  It's become beyond frustrating. I'm really tired of playing the same damn 15 minutes over and over again.  I just hate to have to start a new neighborhood when I just got started and like this one.
The game has some issues with aging. I have sims that are already in their graves and the game tells me that they are too old and nearing death. I even have a sim aged from YA to Adult and the hair loaded is for children, so that sim is walking around with her hair on her waist.

Try saving 1 day or 1/2 day before or after aging. Sometimes it will bypass the aging glitch.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 16, 15:23:36 by Steele » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: